GlassFish v3 Community Acceptance Testing - FishCAT
By arungupta on Aug 12, 2008
you like to influence the quality of GlassFish ?
The GlassFish Quality Group is starting Community Acceptance Testing - a community based testing of upcoming GlassFish v3. This is your chance to provide an early feedback on stability and usability of GlassFish v3.
GlassFish v3 is modular (OSGi-compliant), embeddable (runs in-VM) and extensible (hosts non-Java apps) currently under development in the GlassFish community. This is the next major vesion of GlassFish v2.
It's a simple 3-step process:
- Download GlassFish v3 Prelude FishCAT Candidate Build (coming soon)
- Run your applications
- File issues for any unexpected/unpleasant behavior
You might wonder, what's in it for you:
- The bugs filed by FishCAT participants will get special attention from the engineering team. It will ensure that your application will continue to run smoothly once the final build is released.
- Gain points for filing bugs / reviewing docs. These points are published on GlassFish Quality Portal giving you the brag rights. And who knows there might be some thing else in store ;-)
- By testing more, you are doing a community service because a good product benefits everybody :)
Technorati: glassfish quality v3 fishcat community