GlassFish is Hiring - Java EE/GlassFish Evangelist in India
By arungupta on Feb 21, 2011
GlassFish team is hiring! This latest one is a new position for a technology evangelist based out of India and the details follow ...
The Java Platform and Technologies are set to accelerate in new and exciting directions over the next decade under the Oracle stewardship. This job is your chance to prove that the best way to predict the future is to invent it! You will play a critical role in building and driving a strong Java language and Platform developer community in India.
- Strong background in computer science is required. Coding (Java) skills are key but so are architectural principles (Web, 3-tier, web services, asynchronous) and development best practices (TDD, continuous integration, etc) as used by companies of all sizes and markets.
- Ability to listen to developers and customers is equally important. While technology is what motivates you every day, you realize that it is not a means to an end but rather an enabler for companies to be more efficient and use them as a competitive advantage. You also understand that no technology is perfect and that constructive feedback is as valuable as acquiring new customers. Building technical relationships in various local and online communities (JUGs, forums, mailing lists, but also within the company) is what will build trust, reputation and in turn enable you to use you influence and to generate this invaluable feedback.
- Lead by example and share what you learn. A career in technical IT is all about perpetual learning. Sharing and popularizing technologies is both hard and exciting. Your job will require to grasp a large number of technologies by interacting with subject matter experts to produce articles, demonstrations, screencasts and other assets.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters in CS/ EE/ECE
- Should possess 4-8 years of experience in product development.
- Experience in delivering technical talks in forums, and writing blogs will be a plus.
So if you are one with a strong passion for technology evangelism, enjoy sharing your knowledge, continuous learning and travel, then please send your bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I've been doing this for about five years now, and believe me, its lot of fun! So what are you waiting for, send your resume today :-)