GlassFish @ FOSS.IN 2007
By arungupta on Nov 20, 2007
I'll be attending FOSS.IN, Dec 4-8 in Silicon Valley of India (more popularly known as Bangalore). This is going to be my first formal conference in India so I am excited! Find me and talk anything about GlassFish.
Sun Microsystems has held open systems to be the cornerstone of its business philosophy since the beginning. Today, through shared technology innovation, Sun's continued commitment to Open Source is reflected in its leadership and key contributions to the many projects including GlassFish, OpenSolaris, OpenOffice.org, GNOME, Grid Engine, java.net, NetBeans, and Mozilla. And here as well, Sun is a Principal Sponsor of the event.
Here are some important links:
- When ? Dec 4-8, 2007
- Where ? National Science Symposium Center, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Schedule - At this this this is a list of all the events happening with NO date/time/location assigned to them. It seems slightly late knowing that the conference is less than 3 weeks ago. And of course there is no individualized page where I can pick/choose the sessions of my interest.
- Register here - The registration process is slightly confusing by introducing different kinds of delegates and the way payment is made. It is primitive too because you register on the Web and then pay at the event (no Credit Card payments). The rules are stern, for example no reissuing of conference badge.
- Know more - Join the Mailing List. The traffic is becoming high as the date is approaching.
- Live stats of registered attendees is a good. More than 1000 delegates have registered so far with a significant chunk from outside Bangalore (like me :).
- FOSS.IN is still Looking for Volunteers, help them out!
Where can you find Sun ?
- "The OpenSolaris Project: Getting Involved" by Jim Grisanzio
- "PostgreSQL 8.3: a Story of Hundreds of Patches" by Josh Berkus
- "The Virtuous Cycle: Sun's FOSS Philosophy and Strategy" by Simon Phipps
- "OpenJDK and Mobile & Embedded: The First Year" by Roger Brinkley
- "Packaging Java Applications for Ubuntu Platform" by Harpreet Singh
- Project Days
- Open Solaris
- Sun Booths
- In the hallways
- Elsewhere in the conference
Where can you find me ?
- Around GlassFish Booth in the Expo
- Likely giving 1 or more BoF
- Likely giving 1 or more Lightning Talk
- Taking pictures
What can you do before the event ?
- Download GlassFish
- Try one or more screencasts to get a feel
- Where can you hear the latest and greatest about GlassFish - Of course, TheAquarium. So use your favorite RSS reader and subscribe to it.
- Find and talk to me about GlassFish, I'd love to hear your feedback.
- And you can monitor other Sun FOSS.IN bloggers.
I'll be there, will you ? Stay tuned for pictures from the event!