GlassFish and MySQL Student Contest - 3 steps to earn $500
By arungupta on Sep 02, 2008
Are you a student and like to earn $500 ? Here are three steps:
- Download GlassFish v2 UR2 and MySQL 5.1 Community Edition
- Create a cool open-source web application using them
- Write a review and submit your URL
A pre-compiled list of several projects is available for you to get started. And you can certainly churn an innovative idea from your creative mind!
Make sure to read the contest rules before applying, complete details here. Make sure to submit a substantive feedback since that is an important part of judging the submission.
Do you know:
- NetBeans IDE allows you to create several Java EE modules like JSP, Servlets, Java Persistence Units, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Server Faces and Web services seamlessly and deploy them directly on GlassFish.
- Rails and Grails applications can be deployed on GlassFish v2 UR2 as WAR files.
- Metro is an extensible and highly performant Web services stack in GlassFish. New functionality can be easily added by creating and configuring your pipes.
spotlight.dev.java.net is a onestop that provides links to several demos, screencasts, presentations, tutorials that can be leveraged for your curriculum.
Technorati: glassfish mysql netbeans students spotlight contest