FISL 2010 Trip Report
By arungupta on Jul 27, 2010
I presented on the Java EE 6 Toolshow to an audience of approx 200. This slides-free session showed how NetBeans 6.9 provides comprehensive tooling around Java EE 6 and GlassFish 3. The session showed:
- Simplicity and ease-of-use for creating Java EE 6 web applications
- Boost productivity using Deploy-on-Save and Session-preservation across multiple redeployments
- JSP, Servlets 3.0, EJB 3.1 in Java EE 6 web apps
- Database access using Java Persistence API 2.0
- Using Facelets with Java Server Faces 2.0
- Contexts & Dependency Injection 1.0 with JSF 2
- RESTful Web services using JAX-RS
The screencast #30 made the session delivery quite a breeze and you can watch the entire session by watching the multi-part screencasts.
Meeting Bruno Souza and Fabiane Nardon was a good highlight of the trip. They are both fairly well known in the Brazilian community and we shared stories from last year's presence of Sun Microsystems at FISL. Check out their latest adventure at toolscloud.com where they provide open source tools-based development environment in the cloud.
Personally, I stayed for only couple of days because I had to come back to run a race (more on that in next blog) and attend a wedding over the weekend. A short trip but always good to spend face-to-face time with the local community.
Check out some pictures from the trip:
And the complete album at: