2-day Java EE 6 workshop in Budapest - Delivered, More coming!
By arungupta on Jan 24, 2011
I delivered a 2-day Java EE 6 workshop in Budapest last week. This was my longest speaking engagement at one shot and I really enjoyed it! There were about 30 attendees and hoefully they enjoyed it too :-)
Other than talking about the key Java EE 6 technologies (CDI, Bean Validation, Servlets 3, JSF2, JPA2, EJB 3.1), the 2-day workshop gave ample time to show NetBeans and Eclipse live coding sessions and interact with the attendees. Here is some feedback from the attendees:
- We expect more productivity and cleaner code with Java EE 6.
- Simplified EJB development without XML DD.
- Good mixture & collection of effective tools of coding styles today, seems really effective.
- Like CDI, better than Spring because of no XML DD. Hate XML.
- CDI is one of the most powerful features of Java EE 6, make it easier with web tier, also makes it possible to introduce new annotations.
- Opens the barrier, not so rigorous, more flexible, For example EJBs in web container.
- Auto-deploy is great
- JSF is usable.
- Programmers Non-standrd way to solve problems, Java EE 6 is solving that problem.
- Improvements of EJB testability.
This workshop is also getting scheduled at the following locations (provided enough attendees register) ...
Here are some pictures from Budapest ...
Also managed to get another run by River Danube:
And now the complete photo album: