25 reasons to attend JavaOne 2012
By arungupta on Sep 11, 2012
is just around the corner, less than 3 weeks away! If you are
still thinking about registering for the conference, here are my
top 25 reasons to attend the conference:
- Biggest gathering of Java geeks in the world
- Latest and greatest content with 475 technical sessions/Birds of Feathers/Hands-on labs sessions (about 20% more from last year)
- Reduced number of keynotes to accommodate room for more technical content
- No product pitches, exclusive focus on technology (I can tell you that from my experience as a track lead)
- Sessions are divided in different in-depth technical tracks to focus on Java technology that most interests you
- Reruns of several popular sessions
- Experts and Practitioners-led HOLs and tutorials
- Rock star speakers,
panelists, faculties, and instructors.
- Meet several Java Champions and JUG leaders from all around the world
- Engage with speakers and discuss with fellow developers in a casual setting with lots of networking space
- A complete conference dedicated for Java Embedded
- Extensive and fast-paced hands-on University
Sessions on Sunday, learn while you are at the conference.
You can register for Java
University only or attend with the conference.
- Dukes Choice Awards recognize and celebrate the most innovative usage of the Java platform
- DEMOgrounds and Exhibition Hall provide extensive opportunities for networking and engagement with the biggest names in Java (dedicated hours on each day as well)
- Dedicated day for Java User Groups and Communities (GlassFish
Community Event and NetBeans
- Multiple registration
packages to meet your needs
- Pay for 4 full conference passes and get a fifth one free
- Students and Bloggers get a free
- Geek Bike Ride
with fellow speakers and attendees in a casual setting
- Greenest conference on the plane
- Enjoy different cuisines in the San Francisco city, take a
trip to Alcatraz or Napa Valley or go running on the crooked
street ;-) There are tons of tourist opportunities in/around San
- Tons of parties during the conference, in the evening, late
night, and early mornings. Don't forget Thirsty Bear
- Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon at Appreciation Party
- Oracle Music Festival at Yerba Buena Gardens
- Grab the bragging rights "I have attended JavaOne"!
With so much geekgasm going on during the 5 days of JavaOne, is there a reason for you to wait ?
Register for the conference now!
Grab your buttons, banners, and other collateral at JavaOne Toolkit.
You can also send an email to JavaOneReg@gpj.com. And reach out to us using different social media channels ...
As a 13 year veteran of the conference, I can tell this is some thing every Java developer must experience!
I will be there, will you ?