By OTN ArchBeat on Jan 25, 2012
"Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel."
-- G. K. Chesterton
- Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook Has Been Published! | Eric Elzinga
Oracle ACE Eric Elzinga shares the good news about the publication of a new book, a collaboration with Guido Schmutz, Edwin Biemond, Jan van Zoggel, and Mischa Kölliker.
- Oracle, Webservices, and PL/SQL | Lonneke Dikmans
"There are many ways you can publish or consume Web Services or XML Documents in an Oracle environment," says Oracle ACE Director Lonneke Dikmans. She describes them in this post.
- XACML Standards Showcase at RSA Conference 2012
External Authorization does for authorization what Single Sign-On solutions did for authentication many years ago.
- Too Much Technology? - InfoQ interview with Eric Brende
As technologists we often never question how technology is affecting us and our world. This interview with Eric Brende presents an a different view on progress, innovation and technology.
- Integrating WebCenter Sites with WebCenter Portal (Type 3) | WebCenter A-Team
"One could reasonably argue that OpenMarket/Divine/FatWire engineering took the easy way out over the years as very little code needed to be developed for this demo-ware as no complex, remote components needed to be developed (nor supported)."
- White Paper: The Art of Data Replication | Peter Brouwer
Peter Brouwer's technical paper describes how to implement an efficient data replication process for your business.
- Mashup Standards Part 1: JSON-P | Bex Huff
"In a recent project, I had a client who wanted to resurface Oracle UCM content on another web page," says Oracle ACE Director Bex Huff. "The normal process would be to use some back-end technology -- like SOAP, CIS, or RIDC -- to make the connection. But, as a lark, I thought it would be more fun to do this purely as a mashup."
- Oracle Technology Network Virtual Developer Day: Java
Tuesday February 14th, 2012 9:00am to 1:00pm PT / Noon to 4:00 PM ET. Everything you wanted to know about Java, including Java SE 7, Java FX 2.0 and the roadmap to Java SE 8.
- MySQL Embedded Online Forum
January 31, 2012, 9:00am PT / Noon ET.
Speakers: Craig Sylvester, Matt Lord, and Alexander Rubin.
Join the first-ever MySQL Embedded Online Forum, and learn tried-and-true steps to take before shipping MySQL-embedded products that many ISVs/OEMs don’t know about—from the top MySQL experts at Oracle.