Friday Apr 03, 2015
Tuesday Mar 31, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 31, 2015
Take a close look at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 24-30, 2015.
- RT @dbrady: If 1 service dies and your whole system breaks, you don't have SOA. You have a monolith whose brain has been chopped up and stuck in jars.
Mar 27, 2015 at 12:54 AM
- RT @oracleace: Welcome to new #ACEDs @pasalapudi @OsamaOracle and @etwhalen!
Mar 26, 2015 at 07:34 PM
- Externalize the Security of Oracle #ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server, by @ganeshk_8
Mar 31, 2015 at 04:19 AM
- Creating a Custom #SOA Administrator, by @AntoniouAntonis
Mar 27, 2015 at 04:03 PM
- Podcast: Adaptive Case Mgmt panel: @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg
Mar 25, 2015 at 06:49 PM
- Free tutorial : Install and Configure #Hyperion Financial Close Management in a Multi-Node Environment
Mar 26, 2015 at 03:46 PM
- Using Unified Archives to Deploy #WebLogic Server Cluster on Oracle #Solaris 11.2, by Jie Shen et al
Mar 27, 2015 at 03:50 PM
- RT @gurcan_orhan of course! ARCHITECTS NEEDED for #oow15! Call for Proposals is open!
Mar 26, 2015 at 07:34 PM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Mar 26, 2015 at 02:42 AM
- Managing Logs in Oracle #WebLogic Server. @OTechMag article by @Ahmed_Aboulnaga
Mar 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 184.108.40.206."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 17, 2015
Take aim at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 10-16, 2015.
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Full house at @debralilley presentation about Cloud readiness #OUGN15
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:29 PM
- RT @AntoniouAntonis: 2 Minute TechTip on Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM 12c
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- An Introduction to Analysing #ODI Runtime Data Through #Elasticsearch and #Kibana 4, by @rmoff
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:04 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Mar 11, 2015 at 08:26 AM
- RT @OracleLL: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus: Released On: 09-Mar-15 REST-Enabling SOA
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM
- Top 10 Tweets - March 3-9 #APIMgmt #BPM #Cloud #Hyperion #Microservices #ODI #OEMM, and more.
Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48 AM
- White Paper: Intro to Oracle Stream Explorer, by @jricardoferreir #CEP
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Mar 12, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @nanostimuli @MikaelFries on-demand #free
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Feb 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2015
Say hello to the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 20-26, 2015.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: "The Visual Face of Hadoop" | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman kicks off a new series with this look at how Big Data Discovery is architected and how it works with Cloudera CDH5.
- Oracle has introduced API Manager! | Maarten Smeets
Certified Oracle SOA / Java / BPM integration specialist Maarten Smeets shares his perspective on the recently released Oracle API Manager.
- Calling All WebLogic Users: Please Help Us Improve WebLogic Documentation! | Reza Rahman
Reza Rahman shares information on a new, 2-page survey you can complete to help improve WebLogic documentation.
- Jumpstarting Development on the Cloud – Part 2: Packaging and Build | Ashish Singh
This article by solution architect Ashish Singh demonstrates how to use the Developer Cloud Service to automate your Maven based development lifecycle, with a focus on how the Maven Repository can be populated with Weblogic or other custom jars, and how the Hudson build jobs and deployments can be configured.
- Extending Your SaaS Applications with PaaS | Debra Lilley
Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley recaps what she learned in a workshop focused on building PaaS extensions using the Rapid Development Kit, a collection of ADF artifacts.
- Jumpstarting Development on the #Cloud – Part 1 : Standardizing a Workflow | Jeevan Joseph
Solution architect Jeevan Joseph's article introduces you to a standardized multi-user workflow for the Oracle Developer Cloud Service. The intent is to showcase a how a team starting on the Service would collaborate on code to address various requirements and use-cases in a typical SDLC model.
- Oracle Weblogic SAML2 Authorization | Luis Rodriguez
CERN's Luis Rodriguez illustrates how to authorize your users in Oracle Weblogic once they have been authenticated.
- 4 New OTN Tech articles on JDeveloper, BPM, ADF
What do Wilfred van der Deijl, Richard Olrichs, Antonis Antoniou, and Ganesh Kamble do when they're not actually working with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM? They write detailed technical articles to help you in your work with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM. Here are four great examples.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
Rohan Walia's article provides an overview of WebCenter Data Presenter and step-by-step instructions for creating data controls and task flows at runtime.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part III: The Critical "How" | Ron Batra
According to Oracle ACE Director and cloud expert Ron Batra, "The How" is where the rubber really meets the road in your cloud transformation strategy. "Things become infinitely more interesting," he says. Read the latest installment in his ongoing series.
Friday Feb 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
Among the 6,452 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the 10 items below where the most popular for the last seven days, February 6-12, 2015.
- Using SQL XMLTable, XMLType, and XPath to Extract HTML CLOB Data | Jesse Stephens
A detailed technical how-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jesse Stephens.
- Oracle PaaS and UX: Keepin' it <af:simple/> with Oracle Alta UI and eProseed | Ultan O'Broin
"The cloud has changed everything, and user experience is no exception," writes Ultan O'Broin in this great recap of the Oracle Applications Cloud User Experience PaaS event held in conjunction with eProseed in the Netherlands. "Make no mistake; it's 'Game Over' for traditional ways of selling software and for people accepting less than compelling user experiences in work. User experience is a competitive must-have, and a capability to deliver a rockin’ UX using PaaS is the partner differentiator."
- Nexus and Atifactory support for proxying Oracle Maven Repository | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson shares the good news for those using their own Maven Repository Manager, as the two major players add support to their products to allow proxying of the Oracle Maven Repository.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Jan 30 -Feb 5, 2015
Last week's list of the Top 10 items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering EJB, Maven, Oracle MAF, REST, WebLogic, and more.
- Submit Your OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Session/Track Ideas | Oracle Community
Use your words! Submit a proposal for a session in an upcoming Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, or respond to a poll to help drive the selection of topics to be covered.
- Invite Enterprise Architecture to the Digital Party | WIRED
"All too often [enterprise architects] get buried in the IT department," says Jason Bloomberg in this Wired article. "Their focus ends up on technology concerns, which are important to be sure, but the connection to the business is tenuous at best."
- Oracle Mobile Development Certification Exam - Beta Testing | Shay Shmeltzer
As reported by Shay Shmeltzer, the Oracle Mobile Development 2015 Essentials Exam (1Z1-441) is now available in beta testing. According to Shay, this certification covers topics such as: Mobile Application Framework, Mobile Application Framework Data Layer, User Interface Development, Device Services Integration, and App Security. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended. Click the link for more information.
- Oracle Maven Repository: Viewing Contents in Eclipse | Steven Button
"With the Oracle Maven Repository now accessible one way to have explore its contents is to use the Maven Repositories viewer feature available in most development tools," says Steve Button. His post focuses on accessing the Repository with Eclipse.
- Middleware Snippets: Cassandra and WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Picking up where he left off in his previous post, Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to use Grinder and Java Mission Control to monitor the JVM in which Cassandra is running.
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are?
What training or certification had the greatest impact on your career as a senior developer or software architect? Click the link to share your story. Your response could help others achieve their career goals.
Friday Feb 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
The data determines that these are the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the last seven days, January 30 - February 5, 2015.
- Best Jobs in America: Software Architect is #1
"Software Architect" once again tops the CNN/Money list of "top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work," beating out "Video Game Designer."
- Getting Started with iOS Development using Eclipse and Java | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Schmeltzer's step-by-step video demo shows you how to use Eclipse to build an on-device mobile application that runs on iOS devices.
- Using the WebLogic Embedded EJB Container | Steve Button
The WebLogic Server 12.1.3 EJB Developers Guide was recently updated to note that the embedded EJB container can be used by adding a reference to weblogic.jar to the CLASSPATH when the EJB client is being executed. Steve Button's short how-to will help you get started.
- WebLogic Maven Plugin - Simplest Example | Steve Button
Steve Button's post is a response to several recent questions about how to configure the WebLogic Maven Plug-in.
- Oracle Mobile Suite - Web Service Performance Optimisation with Result Caching | Andrejus Baranovskis
According to Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovkis, one of the primary advantages of Oracle Mobile Suite is Service Bus and SOAP/REST web service transformation. "You will get very nice performance improvement," He shows you how it all works in this technical post.
- Trends in Cloud Computing: The Rise of SaaS and PaaS | Debra Lilley
"I predict that, in 2015 and beyond, PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way," says Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley in this article from Profit Magazine
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1 - Now Available | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version focuses on upgrading the framework's infrastructure and includes support for Java 8, Cordova 3, Xcode 6, and Android 5. Click the link for more information.
- MAF 2.1 - Debugger Improvements and Mobile REST Client | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares solutions to some problems he recently encountered while implementing and mapping a programmatic MAF client for a REST service.
- EM12c: How to Retrieve Passwords from the Named Credentials | Gokhan Atil
Oracle ACE Gokhan Atil's detailed post shows you how to keep digging to retrieve encrypted information saved in named credentials.
- Video: WLST Script Profiles | Peter Bowers
In this new how-to technical video from the Oracle WebLogic YouTube Channel, Peter Bowers, a key developer on the WebLogic team, talks about the WLST script profile feature, and offers some cool sample code and a demo.
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
Based on the number of retweets among the 3,495 people following @OTNArchBeat, these are the Top 10 Tweets for the last seven days, January 27 - February 2, 2015.
- Podcast: The Case for Adaptive Case Mgmt w/ @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit Feb 11. Middleware track sessions on Open Source and Integration
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:00 PM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit middleware track. 6 experts. 6 sessions. All FREE. Feb 11
Jan 27, 2015 at 06:00 PM
- Archive Podcast: Meeting #SOA Governance Challenges w/ @Luisw19 @manelrosa et al
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:22 AM
- #WLST Script Profiles. Video by Peter Bowers #weblogic
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications, by Roland Koenn
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM
- Virus-Proofing Oracle #WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g, by @feitnomore
Jan 27, 2015 at 04:42 PM
- Calling Web Services in Background Using MAF 2.1, by @StevenDavelaar
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM
- RT @sunil_ranka: IoT reference architecture by Bob Stockowiak #IoT #Hadoop #biwasummit
Jan 28, 2015 at 07:44 PM
Monday Feb 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 02, 2015
Planning on participating in the Middleware sessions that are part of next week's OTN Virtual Technology Summit? Great! But did you know that there are important prerequisites for those sessions? The highly interactive nature of the middleware sessions means you don't just get to sit on your hands.
For example, if you plan to participate in Mark Nelson's session on Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository, (part of the Open Source and Integration sub-track) you will need the Oracle Maven Repository Lab Guide, which includes information on where you can download key prerequisites:
Likewise, if you plan to participate in Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors by Oracle ACE Michael Rainey, or in Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings by Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, you need to check out Tame Big Data Using Oracle Data Integration. This demo forms the basis for the sessions by Rainey and Rittman, and includes information on how to access and install the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine, which provides an integrated environment to help you get started with the Oracle Big Data platform.
Click here for an extensive list of other resources that will help get the most out of your OTN Virtual Technology Summit experience.
Register now for the
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015