Tuesday May 12, 2015
Tuesday May 05, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 05, 2015
Friday May 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 01, 2015
Tuesday Apr 14, 2015
Tuesday Apr 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 07, 2015
Friday Apr 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 03, 2015
Tuesday Mar 31, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 31, 2015
Take a close look at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 24-30, 2015.
- RT @dbrady: If 1 service dies and your whole system breaks, you don't have SOA. You have a monolith whose brain has been chopped up and stuck in jars.
Mar 27, 2015 at 12:54 AM
- RT @oracleace: Welcome to new #ACEDs @pasalapudi @OsamaOracle and @etwhalen!
Mar 26, 2015 at 07:34 PM
- Externalize the Security of Oracle #ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server, by @ganeshk_8
Mar 31, 2015 at 04:19 AM
- Creating a Custom #SOA Administrator, by @AntoniouAntonis
Mar 27, 2015 at 04:03 PM
- Podcast: Adaptive Case Mgmt panel: @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg
Mar 25, 2015 at 06:49 PM
- Free tutorial : Install and Configure #Hyperion Financial Close Management in a Multi-Node Environment
Mar 26, 2015 at 03:46 PM
- Using Unified Archives to Deploy #WebLogic Server Cluster on Oracle #Solaris 11.2, by Jie Shen et al
Mar 27, 2015 at 03:50 PM
- RT @gurcan_orhan of course! ARCHITECTS NEEDED for #oow15! Call for Proposals is open!
Mar 26, 2015 at 07:34 PM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Mar 26, 2015 at 02:42 AM
- Managing Logs in Oracle #WebLogic Server. @OTechMag article by @Ahmed_Aboulnaga
Mar 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 184.108.40.206."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 17, 2015
Take aim at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 10-16, 2015.
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Full house at @debralilley presentation about Cloud readiness #OUGN15
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:29 PM
- RT @AntoniouAntonis: 2 Minute TechTip on Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM 12c
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- An Introduction to Analysing #ODI Runtime Data Through #Elasticsearch and #Kibana 4, by @rmoff
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:04 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Mar 11, 2015 at 08:26 AM
- RT @OracleLL: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus: Released On: 09-Mar-15 REST-Enabling SOA
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM
- Top 10 Tweets - March 3-9 #APIMgmt #BPM #Cloud #Hyperion #Microservices #ODI #OEMM, and more.
Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48 AM
- White Paper: Intro to Oracle Stream Explorer, by @jricardoferreir #CEP
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Mar 12, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @nanostimuli @MikaelFries on-demand #free
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 17-23, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - july 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Take your talents to Videotown! 2 Minute Tech Tips just got easier.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 2-8, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 30-July 6, 2015
- Top 10 2 Minute Tech Tips for June 2015
- Video: Overview - GrovePi+ Starter Kit | Luc Bors