Tuesday Apr 21, 2015
Friday Apr 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 17, 2015
Friday Feb 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2015
Say hello to the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 20-26, 2015.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: "The Visual Face of Hadoop" | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman kicks off a new series with this look at how Big Data Discovery is architected and how it works with Cloudera CDH5.
- Oracle has introduced API Manager! | Maarten Smeets
Certified Oracle SOA / Java / BPM integration specialist Maarten Smeets shares his perspective on the recently released Oracle API Manager.
- Calling All WebLogic Users: Please Help Us Improve WebLogic Documentation! | Reza Rahman
Reza Rahman shares information on a new, 2-page survey you can complete to help improve WebLogic documentation.
- Jumpstarting Development on the Cloud – Part 2: Packaging and Build | Ashish Singh
This article by solution architect Ashish Singh demonstrates how to use the Developer Cloud Service to automate your Maven based development lifecycle, with a focus on how the Maven Repository can be populated with Weblogic or other custom jars, and how the Hudson build jobs and deployments can be configured.
- Extending Your SaaS Applications with PaaS | Debra Lilley
Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley recaps what she learned in a workshop focused on building PaaS extensions using the Rapid Development Kit, a collection of ADF artifacts.
- Jumpstarting Development on the #Cloud – Part 1 : Standardizing a Workflow | Jeevan Joseph
Solution architect Jeevan Joseph's article introduces you to a standardized multi-user workflow for the Oracle Developer Cloud Service. The intent is to showcase a how a team starting on the Service would collaborate on code to address various requirements and use-cases in a typical SDLC model.
- Oracle Weblogic SAML2 Authorization | Luis Rodriguez
CERN's Luis Rodriguez illustrates how to authorize your users in Oracle Weblogic once they have been authenticated.
- 4 New OTN Tech articles on JDeveloper, BPM, ADF
What do Wilfred van der Deijl, Richard Olrichs, Antonis Antoniou, and Ganesh Kamble do when they're not actually working with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM? They write detailed technical articles to help you in your work with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM. Here are four great examples.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
Rohan Walia's article provides an overview of WebCenter Data Presenter and step-by-step instructions for creating data controls and task flows at runtime.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part III: The Critical "How" | Ron Batra
According to Oracle ACE Director and cloud expert Ron Batra, "The How" is where the rubber really meets the road in your cloud transformation strategy. "Things become infinitely more interesting," he says. Read the latest installment in his ongoing series.
Friday Feb 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 20, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 13-19, 2015.
- Calling Oracle Documents Cloud Service REST APIs from WebCenter Content Custom Components | Peter Flies
Files from Oracle Documents Cloud Service can be migrated to and from WebCenter Content using the SkySync desktop application, which makes for simple transferring between WCC and ODCS. However, other use cases with ODCS may be desired from within WCC itself. Solution architect Richard Flies article illustrates one method for integrating WCC with ODCS using the AppLink REST API.
- Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server | Ganesh Kamble
Ganesh Kamble's technical article shows you how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
- Oracle ADF Faces 12c Components Demo and Test Automation | Wilfred van der Deijl
Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl continues his series of posts on using Selenium to automate testing of Oracle ADF applications.
- VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals | Oracle Community
Eleven OTN Virtual Technology Summit session proposals are now available for your review and voting, Final selections for VTS 4 in May will be made next week, and your votes will guide those decisions. Vote now!
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 6-12, 2015
This week's list of Top 10 posts from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering certification, enterprise architects, Maven, middleware, mobile, PaaS, WebLogic, and more.
- #OTNVTS Middleware Session Proposals: Vote, or Submit Your Own
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke Souza have submitted proposals for OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track sessions. Cast your vote, or submit your own session proposal now!
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
Insight from a panel of experts on the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Ready for Your Close-Up? Schedule your OTN ArchBeat 2 Minute Tech Tip
35 people have recorded 2 Minute Tech Tips for the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Most tips are recorded via Skype, and the initial process typically takes less than 10 minutes. Videos are generally published the same day. Want to do one? Post a comment to let me know!
- Vote: OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals
Help determine the sessions to be included in the next OTN Virtual Technology Summit! New session proposals from Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, Lucas Jellema, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke de Souza are now ready for your review, along with proposals from Maarten Smeets, and Robert van Molken, Selections for the next VTS will be made on or about February 23. Vote now!
- Avoiding Memory Leaks with JDK 1.7 SDP Support | Ricardo Ferreira
SDP is commonly leveraged when applications running on Exalogic need high performance access to Oracle databases running on Exadata. This article by Oracle A-Team solution architect Ricardo Ferreira presents strategies for dealing with issues that can arise when Java applications access SDP-enabled databases in Exadata.
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
Based on the number of retweets among the 3,495 people following @OTNArchBeat, these are the Top 10 Tweets for the last seven days, January 27 - February 2, 2015.
- Podcast: The Case for Adaptive Case Mgmt w/ @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit Feb 11. Middleware track sessions on Open Source and Integration
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:00 PM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit middleware track. 6 experts. 6 sessions. All FREE. Feb 11
Jan 27, 2015 at 06:00 PM
- Archive Podcast: Meeting #SOA Governance Challenges w/ @Luisw19 @manelrosa et al
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:22 AM
- #WLST Script Profiles. Video by Peter Bowers #weblogic
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications, by Roland Koenn
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM
- Virus-Proofing Oracle #WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g, by @feitnomore
Jan 27, 2015 at 04:42 PM
- Calling Web Services in Background Using MAF 2.1, by @StevenDavelaar
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM
- RT @sunil_ranka: IoT reference architecture by Bob Stockowiak #IoT #Hadoop #biwasummit
Jan 28, 2015 at 07:44 PM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 17-23, 2015
- Video: Why You Should Attend GLOC 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 10-16, 2015
- Video: Agile Tips for ODI 12c | Stewart Bryson
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 3-9, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for March 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 31 - April 6, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - March 27- April 2, 2015