By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 26, 2012
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of November 18-24, 2012.
- One-Stop Shop for over 200 On-Demand Oracle Webcasts
Webcasts can be a great way to get information about Oracle products without having to go cross-eyed reading yet another document off your computer screen. Oracle's new Webcast Center offers selectable filtering to make it easy to get to the information you want. Yes, you have to register to gain access, but that process is quick, and with over 200 webcasts to choose from you know you'll find useful content.
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g PS 5 introduces BPEL with conditional correlation for aggregation scenarios | Lucas Jellema
An extensive, detailed technical post from Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema.
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework V188.8.131.52.0 Released | Anthony Shorten
Principal Product Manager Anthony Shorten shares an overview of the changes implemented in the new release.
- Fault Handling and Prevention - Part 1 | Guido Schmutz and Ronald van Luttikhuizen
In this technical article, part one of a four part series, Oracle ACE Directors Guido Schmutz and Ronald van Luttikhuizen guide you through an introduction to fault handling in a service-oriented environment using Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus.
- Oracle BPM Process Accelerators and process excellence | Andrew Richards
"Process Accelerators are ready-to-deploy solutions based on best practices to simplify process management requirements," says Capgemini's Andrew Richards. "They are considered to be 'product grade,' meaning they have been designed; engineered, documented and tested by Oracle themselves to a level that they can be deployed as-is for a solution to a problem or extended as appropriate for a particular scenario."
- Videos: Getting Started with Java Embedded | The Java Source
Interested in Java Embedded? You'll want to check out these videos provided Tori Wieldt, including interviews with Oracle's James Allen and Kevin Smith, recorded at ARM TechCon.
- JPA SQL and Fetching tuning ( EclipseLink ) | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond's post illustrates how to "use the department and employee entity of the HR Oracle demo schema to explain the JPA options you have to control the SQL statements and the JPA relation Fetching."
- Devoxx 2012 Trip Report - clouds and sunshine | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares an extensive and entertaining account of his experience at Devoxx 2012.
- Towards Ultra-Reusability for ADF - Adaptive Bindings | Duncan Mills
"The task flow mechanism embodies one of the key value propositions of the ADF Framework," says Duncan Mills. "However, what if we could do more? How could we make task flows even more re-usable than they are today?" As you might expect, Duncan has answers for those questions.
- Java Specification Requests in Numbers | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares some interesting data culled from the Java Community Process site.
Thought for the Day
"You can't have great software without a great team, and most software teams behave like dysfunctional families."