By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 30, 2012
"The biggest thrill wasn't in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday."
-- Art Rooney
- Podcast Show Notes: Cloud Computing - Start Smart
The latest program on the OTN ArchBeat Podcast features a conversation about cloud computing with Bob Hensle and Scott Mattoon. Bob and Scott are members of Oracle’s Global Enteprise Architecture Team, and each played a role in a couple of new Oracle white papers created specifically to make sure that when an organization takes its first steps into cloud computing, it isn’t going to ruin its shoes.
- Agile Data Warehousing with Exadata and OBIEE: ETL Iteration | Stewart Bryson
The fourth installment in Bryson's ongoing series on Agile Data Warehousing with Exadata and OBIEE.
- Puns on demand | William Vambenepe
"The downside of the rise of PaaS is the concomitant rise of bad PaaS puns," says Vambenepe. Then he confesses his sins.
- A Further Introduction to Oracle IDM and Fusion Apps | Brian Eidelman
Eidelman expands on his previous post to talk "at a high level" about the connection between Oracle's IDM products (including OID, OVD, OAM, OIM) and Fusion Apps.
- Using custom code in Oracle Integrated SOA Gateway | Lonneke Dikmans
"The good news," says Oracle ACE Director Lonneke Dikmans, "is that Oracle E-Business Suite12 provides a way to make custom code part of the integrated SOA Gateway."
- Kerry Osborne Speaking at Hotsos Symposium
Enkitec CTO and Exadata Evangelist Kerry Osborne has been selected to present Exadata Optimization – Case Studies at this year’s Hotsos Symposium in Irving, Texas. The Symposium runs from March 4 – 8, 2012.
- Amit Jasuja Discusses Cloud and Mobile | Naresh Persaud
Amit Jasuja has had a significant role in shaping the Identity Management industry for the past decade as an entrepreneur at Netegrity defining the web access control market and more leading the Identity Management business at Oracle.
- Oracle Linux with UEKR2 running on a Sun Fire X4800 M2 server sets a new TPC-C world record on x86
The benchmark was performed on the following Oracle stack: - Sun Oracle x4800 M2 system with 4TB RAM and 160 CPU threads - Oracle Linux with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 2 - Oracle Database 11gR2
- Sneak peak at Java EE 7 - Multitenant Examples with EclipseLink | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele breaks it down.
- InfoQ: WebLogic 12c Taking Java EE 6 to the Cloud
InfoQ's Charles Humble interviews Cameron Purdy, VP Development at Oracle.