Friday Aug 14, 2015
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
Friday Sep 26, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 26, 2014
The man in the photograph wishes to remain anonymous because he is severely embarrassed that he is not one of the 5,394 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Why be that guy when you can be one of the people who determines which items appear on this list of Top 10 posts?
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Application Private Clouds | Nishit Rao
This 2 minute tech tip from Nishit Rao focuses on building Oracle Application privates clouds on engineered system using Oracle VM templates. And there's a secret sauce involved...
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: BPM Process Patterns Using BPMN | Dan Atwood
Oracle ACE Dan Atwood shares a 2 Minute Tech Tip for those who may be struggling with learning how to model business processes.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinzl
A sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin Heinzl, published by Rampant TechPress.
- Oracle BPM 12c just got Groovy – A Webcenter Content Transformation Example | Christopher Karl Chan
On June 27, 2014 Oracle released BPM 12c, which includes new support of BPM Scripting, which incorporates the Groovy 2.1 compiler and runtime. Learn all about it in this article from Christopher Karl Chan.
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash. An OTN Technical Article
- Oracle OpenWorld 2014 Annual Bloggers Meetup
If you blog about your work with Oracle technologies, and you will be in San Francisco for Oracle OpenWorld 2014, here's one more great event to add to your itinerary. Click the link for additional information.
- Breaking Through the Fog of San Francisco’s Weather Reputation
Packing for Oracle OpenWorld 2014? You may find this short article from the New York Times' UpShot blog useful.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle Mobile Suite and Adaptive Case Management | Danilo Schmiedel
Oracle ACE Director Danilo Schmiedel, a solution architect with Opitz Consulting, crams a lot of information about Adaptive Case Management into his 2 Minute Tech Tip. Watch and learn.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: You Have Exalogic - Now What? | Bharath Reddy
Bharath Reddy answers the question in less than two minutes, and that's worth watching.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Peoplesoft, MAA, and Exalogic | Latha Krishnaswamy
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip video Latha Krishnaswamy devotes her 120 seconds to a quick tip about the benefits of running PeopleSoft on Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata.
Friday Apr 25, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 25, 2014
5,058 people now follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Among those fans the following items were the most popular for the last seven days, April 18-24, 2014.
- BPM Workspace for iOS on iTunes | Mark Nelson
Ahead of the official announcement, RedStack blogger and FMW A-Team member Mark Nelson shares a link to the new Oracle BPM Workspace mobile app for iOS.
- Podcast: SOA and Cloud - Where's This Relationship Going? - Part 2
Industrial SOA article series authors Hajo Normann, Guido Schmutz, and Jurgen Kress continue the discussion of the relationship between SOA and Cloud with a look at how SOA principles can keep cloud computing on track.
- Software architecture: Five things every developer should know | Simon Brown
"Software architecture plays a pivotal role in the delivery of successful software, yet it's frustratingly neglected by many teams," says Simon Brown. His article in ServerSide.com explains why developers should pay more attention.
- Ready-To-Use SOA/BPM 188.8.131.52.1 Virtual Machine and Case Management Sample | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describes the new Virtual Box VM for the latest SOA/BPM 184.108.40.206.1 as his favorite -- but that doesn't mean he loves everything about it. Want to know more? Read his post.
- How Oracle Identity Manager Uses MDS | Simon Kissane
Do you really understand how Oracle Identity Manager (OIM), uses the Oracle Metadata Services (MDS) XML configuration store? You will after you read solution architect Simon Kissane's detailed explanation.
- Using Oracle WebLogic 12c with NetBeans IDE | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele walks you through installing and configuring all the necessary components, and helps you get started on a simple Hello World project.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - April 11-17, 2014
What were the Top 10 most popular blog posts, technical articles, and other items shared over the last 7 days with the 5,000 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page? Great question! Click the link for the answer.
- New Coherence GoldenGate HotCache Tutorial | Bassam Hijazi
Looking for an introduction to Oracle GoldenGate HotCache and how to use it to keep Coherence caches in sync with back-end data sources? Look no further...
- Application Composer Series: Custom Object Web Services | Richard Bingham
Richard Bingham's post is the first in a series focused on getting the most from the Application Composer tool available in Fusion CRM Applications, including Sales Cloud.
- Flexible Manipulation of Session Timeout for Oracle Identity Manager Web Applications | Firdaus Fraz
Oracle Fusion Middleware Identity Management solution architect Firdaus Fraz's concise article focuses on soft session timeout configuration for Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2PS1.
Thought for the Day
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
— Edward R. Murrow, journalist
(April 25, 1908 – April 27, 1965)
Tuesday Feb 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 04, 2014
Every day I track activity on hundreds of blogs looking for interesting content created by those with expertise in Oracle technologies. I then share what I find through the OTN ArchBeat social channels. The list below represents the Top 10 most popular tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days (January 28 - February 3, 2014).
- RT @oracleace: See #ACEDs and Java Champions in action at the OTN Yathra Tour kicking off 18th Feb in Jalandhar…
Jan 30, 2014 at 07:16 AM
- Podcast: Taking Charge - Meeting #SOA Governance Challenges - Part 1 w/ @luisw19 @manelrosa et al
Jan 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM
- Announcing: Oracle BigDataLite Virtual Machine
Jan 29, 2014 at 09:42 AM
- Making the Move from #OWB to #ODI12c | @stewartbryson #oracleace
Feb 03, 2014 at 08:26 AM
- Integrating With Fusion Application Using Services (Perl: SOAP::Lite) | @fadevrel
Feb 03, 2014 at 10:23 AM
- #WLST script for listing #WebLogic Server memory usage | @TheHeatDK
Jan 29, 2014 at 08:11 AM
- RT @simon_haslam: Happy to be presenting "What's so Special about the Oracle Database Appliance" at #oug_ire #ukoug
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
- RT @simon_haslam: Speaking on my favourite topic - WebLogic on ODA - at OFM Partner Forum in Malta in 3 weeks
Jan 28, 2014 at 09:32 AM
- RT @brunoborges: #JavaEE developers writing WebServices, working with #WebLogic, try new Test Client: #NoMoreSoapUI
Jan 28, 2014 at 09:34 AM
- Custom Escalation in Oracle #BPM Suite 11g | @va_continuum
Jan 29, 2014 at 09:41 AM
Thought for the Day
"I can't really make fun of zombies. They're not liars. They're not cheats."
— George A. Romero, film director
(born February 4, 1940)
Thursday Dec 05, 2013
- 12 More Things About Oracle Database 12c at OOW15 | Debra Lilley
- How to Win a Hackathon | Laurie Pattison
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 25 - 31, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015