Tuesday Apr 07, 2015
Thursday Apr 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 02, 2015
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast series features a four-part discussion of Docker and Virtualization.
The genesis for this program was a blog post about Docker on Oracle Fusion Middleware architect Mark Nelson’s RedStack blog, a post Mark co-wrote with fellow Fusion Middleware architects Edwin Biemond and Joel Nation.[Read More]
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Tuesday Nov 18, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 18, 2014
You may ask yourself, "What were the Top 10 most popular tweets among the 3,314 followers of @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days?" Or you may not. I'm not a mind-reader. But if you do ask yourself that question, you'll find the the answer below.
- ODTUG Mobile Day Reston, VA Dec 2. Presos by @miaurman @ERoske @sspendol @Kevin_McGinley, others
Nov 11, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI Talk-a-Thon with @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 11, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @sfonplsql: My first Two Minute #plsql Tech Tip for @OTNArchBeat. Banish spaghetti code with nested subprograms.
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
- Securing Mobile Apps and Data in a BYOD World, by @1ndus > Part of FREE OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM;
- A better way to do virtualization? Getting to know #Docker, by @markxnelson @biemond @joelith
Nov 17, 2014 at 02:14 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:01 PM
- Managing WebLogic Server and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups | Martin Heinzl
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- 4-Part Tech Article Series: Oracle Identity Management in the Enterprise #oim #security
Nov 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM
- Don't Rewrite! Reuse! Architecture for Mobile Enablement, by @jeffmdavies > Part of FREE OTN Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Monday Sep 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 22, 2014
The 2 Minute Tech Tips keep coming with this one from Nishit Rao (Sr. Director, Product Management, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Engineered Systems).
Nishit Rao's Oracle OpenWorld Session
- Build Oracle Applications Private Clouds with Oracle VM Templates on Engineered Systems
Wednesday, Oct 1, 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM - Moscone West - 3018
Friday Aug 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 01, 2014
Among the 5,265 followers of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page -- a community that could possibly include cycloptic star creatures from a distant planet -- these are the top 10 most popular posts for the last seven days, July 25-31, 2014.
- Rapid creation of Virtual Machine(s) for SOA Suite 12.1.3 server run time environment - leveraging Vagrant, Puppet and Biemond | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema extends his series on using Vagrant and Puppet for the automated creation of Virtual Machines, with a description the steps he took to create two VMs using scripts written by Edwin Biemond.
- Fastest way to a Virtual Machine with JDeveloper 12.1.3 and Oracle Database XE 11gR2 - on Ubuntu Linux 64 bit | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema gets you there in 10 steps.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite 12c: REST Enabling SOA
This video from the Oracle Learning Library demonstrates how to REST enable an existing SOAP service using Oracle SOA Suite 12c, a technique that can be used for mobile service enablement.
- GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 Download – nightly builds | Jurgen Kress
"As an open source project, GlassFish is being developed in an open and transparent manner," explains Jurgan Kress. Read his short post to learn where to download the latest build.
- Test your Application with the WebLogic Maven plugin | Edwin Biemond
Software architect Edwin Biemond shows you how easy it is to add some unit tests to your application when you use Maven together with the 12.1.3 Oracle software such as WebLogic , JDeveloper or Eclipse OEPE.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - July 22-28, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 Tweets includes items on Big Data, Glassfish, Hadoop, Java, ODI, OSB, SOA Suite 12c, and more.
- Why Oracle Big Data SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
A technical analysis from Oracle ACE Director and business intelligence expert Mark Rittman.
- Introduction to Fusion Applications Roles Concepts | Jack Desai
This post from the Fusion Middleware A-Team blog reviews the definition of "Functional Roles" and provides introductory internals on the technical implementation of "Roles” within Fusion Applications.
- Video: Cluster Targeted JMS Load Balancing and Co-Location | Frank Munz
A new addition to the "Oracle WebLogic: Distinctive Recipes" video series from Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz.
- 10 Tips for getting started with Oracle MAF | Graeme Mawson
Graeme Mawson shares a collection of "little tips and tricks that will make life easier as you’re learning your way around" the Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF).
Friday Jan 10, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 10, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Free TechDay in Vienna: Oracle on Oracle
Database Administrators, Storage and System Engineers, Platform Architects and Operation Leaders are invited to participate in this free half-day international technical event focused on all the layers of your infrastructure stack: from Storage through Datacenter Fabric to Virtualization, from the Operating System up to the layers with direct business impact: the Database and Applications.
- 10 Things You Should Know About WebLogic 12.1.2 | Frank Munz
Check out this detailed and informative Slideshare presentation from Oracle ACE Director and "Oracle WebLogic 12c: Advanced Recipes" author Frank Munz.
- Design Patterns: Magic or Myth? | David Budgen
Durham University professor of software engineering David Budgen draws on surveys and mapping studies in this examination of "the effectiveness of the usage of design patterns in software development."
- The private cloud is giving way to the public cloud | David Linthicum
"Public clouds have matured a great deal in the last few years," says InfoWorld cloud computing columnist David Linthicum, "and the truth is they're more ready for prime time than most private clouds."
- WebLogic in Practice: SSL Configuration | Jacco Landlust and Simon Haslam
This presentation from Oracle domain architect Jacco Landlust and Oracle ACE Director Simon Haslam, originally delivered at UKOUG Tech13, describes SSL certificate concepts and how to configure them within Oracle WebLogic.
- Video: Design - ADFBC Application Modules - How many should I have?
How many root Application Modules should your application have? That may be the wrong question. Chris Muir explains in this episode of the ADF Architecture TV.
- AIA Foundation Pack Architecture Overview | Luis Weir
Oracle ACE Luis Weir opens the hood and kicks the tires on the Oracle Application Integration Architecture Foundation Pack.
- Business Analytics: Speed Mobile | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's post "walks you through creating your first mobile business intelligence (BI) app with Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile App Designer and the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52.1 Sample Application (V309 R2)."
- Unable to change WS Policy Store to “App Server Connection” in JDeveloper | Guido Schmutz
Read this short post by Oracle ACE Director Guido Schmutz for a quick tip that might spare you a headache.
- Winter 2014 edition of free OTech Magazine
The winter edition of the free, independent OTech Magazine is now available, offering the insight of an impressive collection of experts in Oracle technologies.
Thought for the Day
"Surely if God had meant us to do yoga, he would have put our heads behind our knees."
— Rod Stewart, musician, singer
(Born January 10, 1945)
Monday Oct 07, 2013
Monday Jul 15, 2013
Tuesday Jul 02, 2013
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 25 - 31, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 4-10, 2015