Tuesday Oct 20, 2015
Monday Oct 12, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 12, 2015
This week Ultan O'Broin enters the list at #1, knocking Dan McGhan out of the slot he's occupied for two weeks, while videos from Oracle ACE Director Dimitri Gielis and Oracle OSS Developer Advocate Blaine Carter also enter the Top 10.[Read More]
Tuesday Sep 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 29, 2015
Is this an example of wearable technology? I don't know. But I am absolutely certain of what you'll see when you click the "Read More" link below...[Read More]
Tuesday Sep 15, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 15, 2015
Wednesday Sep 02, 2015
Tuesday Jul 21, 2015
Monday Jun 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 29, 2015
What does properly cooked pasta have to do with PaaS, IoT, and User Experience? Ultan O'Broin, Director of Oracle Cloud User Experience in EMEA, throws a few ideas at you in this 2 Minute Tech Tip.[Read More]
Wednesday Jun 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 24, 2015
Gearing up for a PaaS4SaaS project? This 2 Minute Tech Tip from Oracle senior usability engineer Julian Orr describes key steps you can take to insure that you're not just building the thing right, but that you're building the right thing.[Read More]
Wednesday Feb 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 25, 2015
If you have 120 seconds, Mark Clark, senior partner at 02Works, has a tip he'd like to share about upgrading custom code within Oracle e-Business Suite.
Mark's tip is based on Working with Custom Code in E-Business Suite Upgrades, an article he wrote for the Winter 2013 edition of OAUG Insight Magazine, the official publication of the Oracle Applications Users Group.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
A 3-part panel discussion featuring Mark Clark, Monty Latiolais, Joe Leva, and Tiffany Newkirk.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me: bob.rhubart-AT-oracle.com
Friday Feb 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
Among the 6,452 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the 10 items below where the most popular for the last seven days, February 6-12, 2015.
- Using SQL XMLTable, XMLType, and XPath to Extract HTML CLOB Data | Jesse Stephens
A detailed technical how-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jesse Stephens.
- Oracle PaaS and UX: Keepin' it <af:simple/> with Oracle Alta UI and eProseed | Ultan O'Broin
"The cloud has changed everything, and user experience is no exception," writes Ultan O'Broin in this great recap of the Oracle Applications Cloud User Experience PaaS event held in conjunction with eProseed in the Netherlands. "Make no mistake; it's 'Game Over' for traditional ways of selling software and for people accepting less than compelling user experiences in work. User experience is a competitive must-have, and a capability to deliver a rockin’ UX using PaaS is the partner differentiator."
- Nexus and Atifactory support for proxying Oracle Maven Repository | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson shares the good news for those using their own Maven Repository Manager, as the two major players add support to their products to allow proxying of the Oracle Maven Repository.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Jan 30 -Feb 5, 2015
Last week's list of the Top 10 items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering EJB, Maven, Oracle MAF, REST, WebLogic, and more.
- Submit Your OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Session/Track Ideas | Oracle Community
Use your words! Submit a proposal for a session in an upcoming Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, or respond to a poll to help drive the selection of topics to be covered.
- Invite Enterprise Architecture to the Digital Party | WIRED
"All too often [enterprise architects] get buried in the IT department," says Jason Bloomberg in this Wired article. "Their focus ends up on technology concerns, which are important to be sure, but the connection to the business is tenuous at best."
- Oracle Mobile Development Certification Exam - Beta Testing | Shay Shmeltzer
As reported by Shay Shmeltzer, the Oracle Mobile Development 2015 Essentials Exam (1Z1-441) is now available in beta testing. According to Shay, this certification covers topics such as: Mobile Application Framework, Mobile Application Framework Data Layer, User Interface Development, Device Services Integration, and App Security. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended. Click the link for more information.
- Oracle Maven Repository: Viewing Contents in Eclipse | Steven Button
"With the Oracle Maven Repository now accessible one way to have explore its contents is to use the Maven Repositories viewer feature available in most development tools," says Steve Button. His post focuses on accessing the Repository with Eclipse.
- Middleware Snippets: Cassandra and WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Picking up where he left off in his previous post, Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to use Grinder and Java Mission Control to monitor the JVM in which Cassandra is running.
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are?
What training or certification had the greatest impact on your career as a senior developer or software architect? Click the link to share your story. Your response could help others achieve their career goals.
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015