Tuesday Jul 21, 2015
Monday Jun 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 29, 2015
What does properly cooked pasta have to do with PaaS, IoT, and User Experience? Ultan O'Broin, Director of Oracle Cloud User Experience in EMEA, throws a few ideas at you in this 2 Minute Tech Tip.[Read More]
Wednesday Jun 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 24, 2015
Gearing up for a PaaS4SaaS project? This 2 Minute Tech Tip from Oracle senior usability engineer Julian Orr describes key steps you can take to insure that you're not just building the thing right, but that you're building the right thing.[Read More]
Wednesday Feb 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 25, 2015
If you have 120 seconds, Mark Clark, senior partner at 02Works, has a tip he'd like to share about upgrading custom code within Oracle e-Business Suite.
Mark's tip is based on Working with Custom Code in E-Business Suite Upgrades, an article he wrote for the Winter 2013 edition of OAUG Insight Magazine, the official publication of the Oracle Applications Users Group.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
A 3-part panel discussion featuring Mark Clark, Monty Latiolais, Joe Leva, and Tiffany Newkirk.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me: bob.rhubart-AT-oracle.com
Friday Feb 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
Among the 6,452 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the 10 items below where the most popular for the last seven days, February 6-12, 2015.
- Using SQL XMLTable, XMLType, and XPath to Extract HTML CLOB Data | Jesse Stephens
A detailed technical how-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jesse Stephens.
- Oracle PaaS and UX: Keepin' it <af:simple/> with Oracle Alta UI and eProseed | Ultan O'Broin
"The cloud has changed everything, and user experience is no exception," writes Ultan O'Broin in this great recap of the Oracle Applications Cloud User Experience PaaS event held in conjunction with eProseed in the Netherlands. "Make no mistake; it's 'Game Over' for traditional ways of selling software and for people accepting less than compelling user experiences in work. User experience is a competitive must-have, and a capability to deliver a rockin’ UX using PaaS is the partner differentiator."
- Nexus and Atifactory support for proxying Oracle Maven Repository | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson shares the good news for those using their own Maven Repository Manager, as the two major players add support to their products to allow proxying of the Oracle Maven Repository.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Jan 30 -Feb 5, 2015
Last week's list of the Top 10 items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering EJB, Maven, Oracle MAF, REST, WebLogic, and more.
- Submit Your OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Session/Track Ideas | Oracle Community
Use your words! Submit a proposal for a session in an upcoming Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, or respond to a poll to help drive the selection of topics to be covered.
- Invite Enterprise Architecture to the Digital Party | WIRED
"All too often [enterprise architects] get buried in the IT department," says Jason Bloomberg in this Wired article. "Their focus ends up on technology concerns, which are important to be sure, but the connection to the business is tenuous at best."
- Oracle Mobile Development Certification Exam - Beta Testing | Shay Shmeltzer
As reported by Shay Shmeltzer, the Oracle Mobile Development 2015 Essentials Exam (1Z1-441) is now available in beta testing. According to Shay, this certification covers topics such as: Mobile Application Framework, Mobile Application Framework Data Layer, User Interface Development, Device Services Integration, and App Security. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended. Click the link for more information.
- Oracle Maven Repository: Viewing Contents in Eclipse | Steven Button
"With the Oracle Maven Repository now accessible one way to have explore its contents is to use the Maven Repositories viewer feature available in most development tools," says Steve Button. His post focuses on accessing the Repository with Eclipse.
- Middleware Snippets: Cassandra and WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Picking up where he left off in his previous post, Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to use Grinder and Java Mission Control to monitor the JVM in which Cassandra is running.
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are?
What training or certification had the greatest impact on your career as a senior developer or software architect? Click the link to share your story. Your response could help others achieve their career goals.
Monday Dec 08, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 08, 2014
The latest OTN ArchBeat series is a 3-part discussion of the various options for customizing the Oracle E-Business Suite user experience. The topic was suggested, and panel members selected, by Oracle ACE Monty Latiolais, who took on the guest producer role for this series. Here's how Monty pitched the idea to the panelists:
"The discussion [centers] around the different options EBS customers have to customize and tailor the EBS user experience. Some customers prefer Application Express, others are most productive using Excel. Still others prefer tradition Forms or Oracle Business Intelligence to work with their EBS data. We look to discuss the benefits of each option. No longer does EBS need to be a 'one size fits all' solution."
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
Want to dig deeper into extending Oracle E-Business Suite? The following resources were suggested by members of the panel for this discussion:
- Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1+ Using Oracle Application Express, Oracle White Paper, September 2014
- Extend E-Business Suite with Application Express, OAUG Insight magazine, Summer 2014
- Tips for Planning an ERP Upgrade, Profit magazine, May 2012
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast? Click here to submit your your topic and panelist suggestions.
Tuesday Oct 07, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 07, 2014
I spent most of last week at Oracle OpenWorld 2014, so much of this week's list of Top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweet reflects what was going on around me in the OTN Lounge and elsewhere. (And, yes, the missing phone mentioned in #6 was located and returned to its rightful owner. Now that's community!)
- Sarah with her new Beats headphones, courtesy #oow14 Blogger Meet-up. @ Jillian's San Francisco
Oct 1, 2014 at 09:56 PM
- FREE OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 19. #FMW track sessions by @lucb_ @lonnekedikmans @gschmutz
Oct 1, 2014 at 03:00 PM
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using #OSB - Part 1 | Steven Davelaar
Oct 6, 2014 at 03:17 PM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle MAF List Views | @Lucb_ #mobile #adf
Oct 6, 2014 at 04:50 PM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: #IndustrialSOA | Jurgen Kress #oow14
Oct 6, 2014 at 04:30 PM
- Missing: Google Nexus 5 phone in orange case. Lost near OTN Lounge @mbobak
Oct 1, 2014 at 03:52 PM
- Great to see old friends again at #oow14 ! Now I'm 4 hrs, 2 Bloody Mary's and one mediocre movie from home.
Oct 2, 2014 at 11:05 AM
- RT @EricStephens: The Relative Value of EA Frameworks #bizarch #entarch
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM
- Apparently bloggers like beer. Who knew? #oow14
Oct 1, 2014 at 09:01 PM
- RT @usableapps: #oow14 #wearabletech meetup @JRSim_UIX and @jkuramot discuss use cases (over beer) @OTNArchBeat
Oct 1, 2014 at 02:49 PM
Tuesday Sep 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 09, 2014
Chickens don't tweet. They cluck. That's why there are no chickens among the 3,103 tweeters following @OTNArchBeat. Among that chicken-free group of tweeters, the following ten tweets ruled the roost over the last seven days, September 2-8, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Responsive #WebCenter Portals | @JayJayZheng
Sep 2, 2014 at 08:31 AM
- Podcast: 5x12 on 12c - User Forum Mini-Sessions at OOW14 @DebraLilley @JLOracle @kashifmanzoor
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- One-Way Authentication Policies in #OSB | Jesse Stephens
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:11 PM
- Top 5 Oracle Mobile Application Foundation (MAF) Videos #oraclemaf #oepe #jdeveloper
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
- RT @oracleace: hot off the press... the Oracle ACE program video
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:52 PM
- Video: Thomas Kurian and members of the #oracleace program explain what it is and why it matters. Good stuff!
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:57 PM
- Context in #UX - What It Is, What It Isn't, and Why It's Important >> When is a bat not a bat?
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
- End-To-End #ADF #Cloud Deployment Process | @AndrejusB
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:32 PM
- Ignore #UX at your peril, advises #oracleace @FTeter
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:35 AM
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (#SoapUi #SSL) | Jani Rautiainen @fadevrel
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Friday Sep 05, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 05, 2014
Among the 5,352 thoroughly modern fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page , these 10 posts were the most popular over the last seven days, August 29 - September 4, 2014.
- Top 5 Oracle Mobile Application Foundation (MAF) Videos
Looking for quick technical tips on how you can use the Oracle Mobile Application Framework to develop enterprise mobile applications? The Oracle Mobile Foundation YouTube channel offers 40+ videos. Click the link for a list of the Top 5 most popular.
- Behold: The Simplified UI Rapid Development Kit | The AppsLab
Building stylish, modern, and simplified UIs just got a whole lot easier thanks to a new kit developed by the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) team, and it's available for all from the Usable Apps website.
- Running Tabular Reports with Coherence 12.1.3 Reporter | Tim Middleton
This detailed technical post from solution architect Tim Middleton explains how to use the runTabularReport operation on the Reporter MBean in Oracle Coherence 12.1.3.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Responsive WebCenter Portals | JayJay Zheng
Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng kicks off a new feature on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel with this 2 Minute Tech Tip focused on building responsive, adaptive Oracle WebCenter portals. Do you have a 2 minute Tech Tip?
- Video: Debra Lilley - Experts Learning From Experts
Kscope2014 is in the history books now, but there is still something to learn about the role user group events play in keeping one's skill sharp in this video interview with globe-trotting Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley.
- Oracle WebCenter Portal Mobilizing: Responsive or Adaptive...or both? | JayJay Zheng
Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng shares his insight into a hybrid responsive and adaptive approach to mobile application development using Oracle WebCenter and ADF.
- One-Way Authentication Policies in OSB | Jesse Stephens
This article by Jesse Stephens describes the steps to create a WLS 9 policy and attach it to an OSB proxy service so that it is only enforced on an outbound request.
- End-To-End ADF Cloud Deployment Process | Andrejus Baranovskis
"ADF and ADF BC perfectly runs on Oracle Java Cloud," says Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis. In this article he walks you through the process of migrating a DB model to the cloud and deploying an ADF application to the cloud.
- Integrating With Fusion Application Using Services (.Net: Service Reference – de-serialization) | Jani Rautiainen
The latest article in a series by Jani Rautiainen describes how to invoke the SOAP web services provided by Fusion Applications using various technologies.
- Context in UX - What It Is, What It Isn't, and Why It's Important
"The use of context is essential for creating simple yet powerful user experiences," says AppsLab blogger Bill. "And like the term ‘user experience’itself, there is no one single implementation of context – rather, it is a concept that should pervade all aspects of human computer interaction in its myriad of forms."
Tuesday Jul 08, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 08, 2014
Among the 2,950 followers of @OTNArchBeat the following tweets were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, July 1-7, 2014.
- RT @brunoborges: Everything a developer needs to know about #WebLogic 12.1.3 is on this whitepaper (PDF) #JavaEE7 #Maven
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
- Installing #SOASuite12c Quick Start Distribution | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM
- Summer Reading for Techies >> Three FREE sample chapters from recent tech books #weblogic #cloud
Jul 3, 2014 at 02:10 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: New A-Team post on probably most important new feature in Oracle MAF: custom components.
Jul 7, 2014 at 01:09 PM
- #Docker, #JavaEE7, and #Maven with #WebLogic 12.1.3 | @brunoborges
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
- 10 New #OracleMAF training videos | Grant Ronald
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:04 AM
- RT @usableapps: UX in for a big change as @java translates to #IOT - @noelportugal
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
- Installing Oracle Event Processing 12c | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
- RT @tompeez: My Personal Bug Parade of JDev 12.1.2 fixed in JDev 12.1.3
Jul 1, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Differences Between R12.1 and R12.2 Integration with OAM | @vasuballa
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:55 AM
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 17-23, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - july 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Take your talents to Videotown! 2 Minute Tech Tips just got easier.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 2-8, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 30-July 6, 2015
- Top 10 2 Minute Tech Tips for June 2015
- Video: Overview - GrovePi+ Starter Kit | Luc Bors