By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 26, 2013
- Fundamental Cloud Architectures | Thomas Erl
This excerpt from the new book “Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture," by Thomas Erl et al describes several common foundational cloud architectural models and explores the involvement and importance of different combinations of cloud computing mechanisms in relation to these architectures.
- Long-lived TCP connections and Load Balancers | Chris Johnson
Fusion Middleware solution architect Chris Johnson's post on long-lived TCP connections and load balancers explains why the use of a load balancer between two servers may be unnecessary.
- Oracle Database SQL – Recursive Subquery to inspect events in football matches – find the MVP | Lucas Jellema
More fun with sports stats from Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema.
- Oracle OpenWorld Gives You the Gift of Time
The deadline for the $500 early bird discount for Oracle OpenWorld 2013 in San Francisco is Aug 2nd.
- Social Enterprise Architecture
An interesting article with some excellent observations about the convergence of enterprise architecture and social networks. (H/T to Elie Levy for posting the link on his Java.net blog.)
- Shrink Oracle VirtualBox Image | Dr. Frank Munz
Author and expert Dr. Frank Munz shows you how in two easy steps.
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) | Ben Prusinski
Oracle ACE Director Ben Prusinski explores "software defined networks (SDN) in respect to Oracle and other database platforms."
- Podcast Show Notes: Data Warehousing and Oracle Data Integrator
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast features Oracle ACE Directors Gurcan Orhan and Cameron Lackpour sharing panelist duties with Uli Bethke and Michael Rainey in a discussion of data warehousing and Oracle Data Integrator. (Big thanks to guest producer Gurcan for picking the topic and panelists.) Part 1 of this three-part program is now available.
Thought for the Day
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
— Carl Jung
(July 26,1875 – June 6, 1961)