By OTN ArchBeat on Oct 20, 2011
- Divide Your Work and Personal Smartphone Usage | The AppsLab
"IT and IS will always want division and security to protect digital assets," says Jake Kuramoto, "but have we moved into an era where people know enough intuitively to avoid doing dumb things?"
- No more smoke-filled rooms | Patrick Curran
"The principal goals of this JSR have been to improve transparency and to make it easier for people to participate," says Curran.
- Still time to register: OTN Architect Day: Chicago, IL - Oct 24
When: Monday October 24, 2011. Where: The Westin Michigan Avenue, 909 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
- Mastering Architecture: Consensus, Leadership and Agility | Mike van Alst
"A lot of architectural implementations fail due to resistance from projects," say van Alst
- Oracle BI EE 11g – Hyperion Financial Management Analytics (HFM Analytics) | Venkatakrishnan J
"A very interesting analytics application in many ways," says Venkat.
- ADF 11g : Query Component with ‘dynamic’ view criteria | Luc Bors
Bors bores into a how-to.
- Solving the Tape Storage Space Problem | Rick Ramsey
"I always assumed tape storage was used only by retired British spies," says Ramsey.
- Migrating from Hyper-V and vSphere to Oracle VM | Ronen Kofman
"This is actually very easy," says Kofman.
- Java Spotlight Episode 52: Cameron Purdy
Cameron Purdy, Vice President of Development at Oracle, talks about JavaEE.
- IDC Analyst Report: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
"Oracle is to be given kudos for raising the bar," say report authors Mary Turner and Tim Grieser.
- JDK 7 Adoption Guide (The Java Tutorials' Weblog)
"The document has a rich set of links to relevant documentation to enable developers to learn the technology quickly."
- InfoQ: Case Study: Large-scale Pure OO at the Irish Government | Richard Pawson
Richard Pawson discusses the challenges met, the reason for choosing pure OO, and lessons learned implementing it.