By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 28, 2013
Each week I scour the web for content created by and/or for members the OTN architect community, which I then share on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Here's the list of the Top 10 most popular items for the week of January 20-26, 2013.
- Video: Building Performant ADF Business Components Applications |Jobinesh Purushothaman
Jobinesh Purushothaman, Principal Solutions Architect for Oracle ADF, shares "insight into the workings of ADF Business Components and how you can use various parameters and features of the framework to ensure you build ADF Business Components applications that scale and perform."
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Facts and Concepts | Rob Zoeteweij
Oracle ACE Rob Zoeteweij introduces his extensive new whitepaper on Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. A lot of work went into this effort, and if work with OEM12c—or plan to—you'd do well to take advantage of Rob's expertise.
- Oracle JCA Database adapter and performance win on big clobs | Eric Elzinga
A brief technical tip for those working with Oracle Service bus and BPEL from Oracle ACE Eric Elzinga.
- ADF interaction with business service – an ongoing discussion | Lucas Jellema
"When ADF applications are developed in an environment where an enterprise architecture has been laid down, and decoupling is an important objective and service orientation is mandated—then this typical implementation of the business service using ADF BC connecting directly to the database may not be desirable or even allowed." Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema explains in this detailed post.
- Oracle VM 3.2.1 Released! | Wim Coekaerts
Wim Coekaerts shares a whole lot of information on the new features and enhancements in the 3.2.1 release of Oracle VM.
- UKOUG Development SIG Meeting: App Development for Mobile Devices | UK Oracle User Group
Date: Tuesday 5th Feb 2013
Time: 09:30 - 16:45
Venue: Oracle, Blythe Valley Park, Solihull, UK
Speakers include Grant Ronald (Oracle), Andrew Gordon (BAE Systems), Susan Duncan (Oracle), John Sim (Fishbowl Solutions), Matt Ball (Northants Police), and Anthony Rayner (Oracle).
- Oracle Storage Master Game
Relax a little and spend a few minutes with the Tetris-like Oracle Storage Master game. If the boss asks what you're doing, say that you're learning to optimize your organization's storage system.
- Looking Back: Top Trends for 2012 | Oracle WebCenter Blog
Michael Snow shares two videos and a Gartner list to help set the stage for the trends that will drive IT in 2013.
- AYTS: summary of Oracle’s Approach to SOA | Marcel van de Glind
Marcel van de Glind shares his notes and conclusions from Oracle's "Are You The Smartest" program on service oriented architecture.
- How to Make BPEL Gulp | Aaron Dolan
"At first, I thought that this would be fairly simple," says BPM/SOA Solution Architect Aaron Dolan of a data integration challenge. But is anything ever really simple? Find out how Aaron wins the day in his detailed, illustrated post.
Thought for the Day
"Recognizing the need is the primary condition for design."
— Charles Eames