Friday Jun 12, 2015
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Friday Oct 17, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
No statistical evidence exists to suggest that any percentage of the 5,467 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page wear flannel suits and fedoras. Is that significant? Who cares? Here's this week's list of Top 10 Facebook posts.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 2 | Steven Davelaar
Part 2 in Steven Davelaar's series focuses on the implementation of the “read” (GET) RESTful services in service bus by transforming ADF BC SDO SOAP service methods.
- The Parking Lot Pattern | Greg Mally
The parking lot pattern is a strategy in Oracle SOA Suite to stage data in an intermediary store prior to complete processing by SOA Suite itself. This article discusses the components of a batch-related implementation of the pattern.
- Web- and Mobile-Oriented Architectures with Oracle Fusion Middleware - Oracle OpenWorld 2014 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema shares the slides from his Oracle OpenWorld session, along with a link to resources used during his demonstration.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle MAF List Views | Luc Bors
Here's a quick video tip by Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide (Oracle Press) and one of the presenters in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18).
- How Lloyd's Register shipped mobile app on mainframe | Computer Business Review
What role did Oracle Mobile Application Framework play? Get the details in this story by Computer Business Review journalist Joe Curtis.
- SOA Suite 12c: Getting started with the Spring Component | Marteen Smeets
You can take aspirin to cure a headache, or your can follow this technical how-to from Marteen Smeets to prevent one particular headache from ever happening.
- Embedded Systems and The Internet of Things – What’s Under the Hood? | Tom Angelucci
There is more mobile than smart phones and tablets. In this article from RTC Magazine, Oracle's Tom Angelucci explores why "Java Embedded appears to be staking its claim as the preferred programming language businesses use to develop IoT applications."
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - October 7-13, 2014
The Top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweets for the past seven days, covering ADF, enterprise architecture, IoT, mobile, OBIEE, OSB, REST, and of course, beer.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Inter-Thread Communication Between Multiple Event Loops | Niko Kobler
Software architect and JavaOne 2014 session speaker Niko Kobler gets it done just under the wire with a tech tip that covers Avatar.js, Node.js, and JVM. One of nearly thirty 2 Minute Tech Tip videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Watch and learn!
- Oracle WebLogic: Whole Server Migration | Rene van Wijk
"Migration in WebLogic Server is the process of moving a clustered WebLogic Server instance or a component running on a clustered server instance elsewhere in the event of failure, " says Oracle ACE Director Rene Van Wijk. He walks you through the process in this article.
Monday Feb 17, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 17, 2014
If you've been thinking about writing a technical article for OTN, one thing that can dramatically help your chances of getting published is to write an article on an in-demand topic.
In a previous post I shared a list of suggested article topics covering WebLogic specific features and open standards compliance. This time around, here's a list of additional WebLogic article topic suggestions covering development frameworks, IDEs, and testing:
- Using WebLogic 12c with Eclipse
- Using WebLogic 12c with NetBeans
- Exploring the Deployment Options from IDEs
- Using Spring Batch with WebLogic 12c
- Using the Jersey Test Framework for Lightweight Testing
- Using Sonar with WLS for Code Quality Observation
- How to run Avatar on WebLogic 12c (12.1.3)
- Configuring SLF4J with WebLogic Server
- Configuring Log4J with WebLogic Server
- Configuring Logback with WebLogic Server
If you want to tackle one of these subjects, contact me at bob DOT rhubart AT oracle DOT com, or leave a comment on this post so we can discuss next steps.
Of course, if you have an idea for an article that isn't on this list, no worries. I would still like to hear from you.
For some general guidelines for article submissions, take a look at: How To Get Published by Oracle Technology Network.
Thursday Nov 07, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 07, 2013
If you work with Oracle Coherence and you're not familiar with the Coherence Community on Java.net you're missing out.The Coherence Community was launched on Java.net in June 2013, operating under the Open Source Initiative's Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL-1.0). Four projects are currently available for your participation:
- Coherence Hibernate Integration
- Coherence Spring Integration
- Oracle Tools
- The Coherence Incubator
You'll learn a lot more about the Coherence Community in the video above, which features my conversation with Oracle Coherence Senior Principal Solutions Architect Brian Oliver and Oracle Coherence Consulting Solutions Architect Randy Stafford, two of the people behind the creation and management of the Community and it's projects.
Thursday Nov 29, 2012
Wednesday Aug 01, 2012
Monday Jul 30, 2012
Thursday Jul 26, 2012
Thursday Apr 12, 2012
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015