Want to know what OTN content attracted the most eyeballs in 2014?
This is the first of a series of year-end posts I will publish that highlight some of the most popular OTN content for 2014. For this post, I did a little data diving to come up with a list of the Top 10 most popular technical articles covering Service Oriented Architecture.
Congratulations to all of the authors! Keep up the good work.
- Enterprise Service Bus [July 2013]
by Jürgen Kress, Berthold Maier, Hajo Normann, Danilo Schmeidel, Guido Schmutz, Bernd Trops, Clemens Utschig-Utschig, Torsten Winterberg
Answers to some of the most important questions surrounding the term "enterprise service bus" using concrete examples, so that the areas of application that can be deemed "correct" for ESBs can be clarified.
- Setting Up, Configuring, and Using an Oracle WebLogic Server Cluster [October 2012]
by Yuli Vasiliev
Learn to take advantage of multiple Oracle WebLogic Server instances grouped into a cluster to maximize scalability and availability.
- Caching Strategies for Oracle Service Bus 11g [July 2011]
by William Markito Oliveira
The right caching strategy can make a big difference in application performance.
- Fault Handling and Prevention for Services in Oracle Service Bus - Part 2 [May 2013]
by Guido Schmutz and Ronald van Luttikhuizen
A deep dive into fault handling and prevention in an environment based on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM) principles.
- Best Practices for Configuration Management in a SOA Environment [April 2011]
by Brian Jimerson
This article discusses best practices for CM in an Oracle SOA Suite 11g practice. It discusses the tools, techniques, and processes that should be used to ensure the proper management of software, services, and infrastructure configuration for these practices.
- Three Recipes for Oracle Service Bus 11g [March 2013]
by Guido Schmutz, Edwin Biemond, Jan van Zoggel, Mischa Kölliker, and Eric Elzinga
Whip up a fresh batch of service- and message-oriented solutions with these recipes from the Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook
- Implementing the Enterprise Service Bus Pattern to Expose Database Backed Services [December 2011]
by Lucas Jellema
A common challenge in today's world of integration within and across organizations is the publication of web services to expose information to external consumers. This article describes the steps and considerations a real organization went through when faced with the challenge of making data services available.
- MDM and SOA: Be Warned! [December 2013]
by JÜrgen Kress, Berthold Maier, Hajo Normann, Danilo Schmeidel, Guido Schmutz, Bernd Trops, Clemens Utschig-Utschig, Torsten Winterberg
This article briefly describes a motive and conceptualization for using Master Data Management (MDM), and then presents typical variants for possible MDM architecture concepts, illustrating the interplay of MDM and SOA with reference to the architecture pattern.
- X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Using the OCSP Protocol with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c [November 2012]
by Abhijit Patil
This article focuses on how to use X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Functionality with the OCSP protocol to validate in-bound certificates.
- A Real-World Guide to Invoking OSB and EDN using C++ and Web Services [January 2014]
by Sebastian Lik-Keung Ma
A demonstration of extreme decoupling using OSB and EDN in Oracle SOA Suite 11g.