Tuesday May 19, 2015
Monday Apr 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 27, 2015
In one week a carload of community-leading SOA experts will present three in-depth technical sessions as part of the Spring 2015 Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit. Read on to learn more about each session.[Read More]
Tuesday Apr 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 21, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Tuesday Feb 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 24, 2015
The Top 10 most popular items from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, February 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brendantierney: 18 Oracle ACEs will be presenting at OUG Ireland on 19th March. Book your place now. #oug_ire @o…
Feb 19, 2015 at 10:53 AM
- ODI, Planning, Essbase, and the power of petitions, by Chris Rothermel >> People power!
Feb 19, 2015 at 09:27 AM
- Oracle API Manager available for download. Details from @soacommunity
Feb 17, 2015 at 03:20 PM
- RT @oracleotn: Choosing the Right Oracle User Group Conference. Insight from @DebraLilley @oracleace
Feb 17, 2015 at 01:59 PM
- Learn how you can take over the OTN ArchBeat Podcast!
Feb 23, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- Free #OTNVTS Feb 25. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson
Feb 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- Video: Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c, by @DSchmied #2MTT
Feb 18, 2015 at 12:28 PM
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are? >> Tell your story!
Feb 17, 2015 at 07:51 AM
- Feb 25. Free #OTNVTS. Middleware track sessions on Data Integration and Analytics
Feb 18, 2015 at 08:00 AM
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are? >> Tell your story!
Feb 23, 2015 at 03:51 PM
Wednesday Feb 18, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 18, 2015
Thinking about upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to 12c? Then Oracle ACE Director Danilo Schmeidel has a 2 Minute Tech Tip for you!
Danilo is a Solution Architect at Opitz Consulting, where he specializes in SOA and BPM. He's also frequent speaker and writer on those topics. His tech tip is based on his presentation, The Road to SOA suite 12c, which explains "different upgrade strategies, the difference between in-flight upgrade and migration, important pre-upgrade tasks," and other considerations.
- Article Series: Industrial SOA
The contributors to this 13-part article series include Danilo Schmeidel, Jürgen Kress, Berthold Maier, Hajo Normann, Guido Schmutz, Bernd Trops, Clemens Utschig-Utschig, and Torsten Winterberg
- Podcast: The Case for Adaptive Case Management
A 3-part panel discussion featuring Danilo Schmiedel, Nico Van Benthem, Manas Deb, Lonneke Dikmans, and Torsten Winterberg
- Podcast: Old Habits Die Hard in the New SOA World
A 3-part panel discussion featuring Danilo Schmeidel, Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikuhuizen, Hajo Normann, Guido Schmutz, and Torsten Winterberg.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me: bob.rhubart-AT-oracle.com
Friday Jan 30, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 30, 2015
The Top 10 most popular articles and other content shared with the 6,425 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, January 23-29, 2015.
- Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment | Marcelo Parisi
With its focus on service protection, and its authentication mechanisms, message encryption, and security/policy functionalities, Oracle API Gateway (OAG) 11g can be a very powerful tool in the secure provisioning of services in the cloud. This article shows you how to create a cloud-based OAG infrastructure, with high-availability and scalability support.
- Archive Podcast: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast from January 2013 gives you a seat at a roundtable discussion with four experts on the evolution of SOA Governance: what old problems persist, what new problems have presented themselves, and what can be done to implement an efficient and effective SOA governance program.
- Virus-Proofing Oracle WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | Marcelo Parisi
Marcelo Parisi's article is a proof-of-concept for a basic infrastructure re-architecture and software configuration needed to implement a basic virus-checking routine on files before they get to Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Spinning-up a Coherence Cluster with Weblogic Scripting (WLST) | David Felcey
The WebLogic scripting and management features available with Coherence 12c Managed Servers make it easy to create Coherence clusters and manage applications. Using the Weblogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the whole lifecycle of Managed Coherence Servers can be controlled, from creating and starting a Coherence cluster to deploying Coherence applications. This article from David Felcey outlines how to do just this, using some sample WLST scripts.
- SOA Suite 12c: In-depth look into Managed File Transfer (1/3) | Robert van Molken
Managed File Transfer is a simple and secure End-to-End Managed File Gateway, with support for large files, encryption, auditing, monitoring and pass-by-reference. Robert van Molken's article looks at Oracle Managed File Transfer (MFT) as a solution to the growing problems with the use of FTP in the enterprise.
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity are key requirements with most business critical on-premise Fusion Applications environments. Disaster Recovery for FA can be broken down into two layers that have to be synchronized to achieve full recoverability: Shared storage and databases. The solution described in Roland Koenn's article supports simple full site switchover / failover and will satisfy most business requirements.
- 3 Sessions on Data Integration and Warehousing | OTN Virtual Tech Summit, Feb 11
The middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on February 11, 2015 includes three sessions on Data Integration and Warhousing: "Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors," " Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings," and "An Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager." The event is free, so register now!
- Trends in Data Management: Unlock the True Value Proposition of Big Data | Ron Batra
"The typical reference architecture has shifted significantly over the years," says Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra in this article from Profit Magazine. "Due to the rich variety of data sources...we see systems and architectures that are net-new to the average enterprise—for example, machine learning, data mining, predictive analytics, and big data visualization."
- iOS Setup and Requirements Guidelines for MAF 2.1.0 | Martin Deh
With the release of Oracle MAF 2.1.0 there are a few important items that will need to be considered when upgrading the iOS environment and with JDeveloper. This article from solution architect Martin Deh covers installation guidelines and other details.
- How FXLoader Integrates Oracle PaaS and SaaS | Peter Care
This concise article by Peter Care from FXLoader presents the details on his solution that combines Oracle PaaS, SaaS and the Cloud Marketplace.
Thursday Jan 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 29, 2015
There are 136 videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel. In the last 30 days viewers spent more than 137 hours watching that content. Does that qualify as bingeing? Anyway, the Top 10 list below represents the videos that attracted the most eyeballs.
- 2 Minute Tech Tip: Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer | Lucas Jellema [September 2014]
No, they're not four of the Seven Dwarves. Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema, CTO of AMIS Service faces the two-minute clock with a tip focused on using Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer, and their impact on the management of virtual machines.
- 2 Minute Tech Tip: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Just Say No to Spaghetti Code | Steven Feuerstein [November 2014]
Getting lost in your own code? Oracle architect and PL/SQL guru Steven Feuerstein nails this 2 Minute Tech Tip video with best practices for avoiding code that resembles a big bowl of pasta.
- 2 Minute Tip: Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c | Danilo Schmiedel [November 2014]
Oracle ACE Director and Opitz Consulting Solution Architect Danilo Schmiedel devotes his 120 seconds to a tech tip focused on upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to SOA Suite 12c.
- Build, Test and Deploy with WebLogic 12 and Maven | Steven Button [May 2014]
Steve Button demonstrates the new Maven-related capabilities in Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2, including the ability to push Oracle
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development | Frank Nimphius [January 2014]
- Oracle ADF for Oracle Forms and PL/SQL Developers - Why it's the Right Choice | Grant Ronald [January 2014]
Grant Ronald discuses the techniques that make developers more productive when building enterprise applications and how Oracle ADF implements special features that make Java-based development fast and simple with a visual and declarative development experience.
- 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle 12c New Features | Rich Niemiec [October 2014]
Oracle ACE Director Rich Neimiec -- or possibly a clone thereof -- delivers a rather strange tech tip. Recorded at Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Debugging and Logging for Oracle ADF Applications | Chris Muir [January 2014]
We're only human. Regardless how much work Oracle ADF does for us, or how powerful the JDeveloper IDE is, the inescapable truth is that as developers we will still make mistakes and introduce bugs into our ADF applications. In this video Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir explores the sophisticated debugging tooling JDeveloper provides.
- Improve Your Oracle ADF App Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent | Frank Houweling [January 2014]
Frank Houweling, senior Java, Oracle ADF, and SOA specialist at AMIS Technologies, discusses how you can optimize the performance of your Oracle ADF Fusion application, diagnose and solve typical performance problems, and build an efficient, responsive, scalable ADF application that circumvents common bad practices.
- 2 Minute Tech Tip: BPM Process Patterns using BPMN | Dan Atwood [September 2014]
Oracle ACE Dan Atwood's quick tip will help you get started with process modeling by using BPM Process Patterns.
Tuesday Jan 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 27, 2015
The Top 10 most popular tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, January 20-26, 2015.
- RT @Oracle: Is your #PaaS delivering the agility your users demand? Find out Jan 28 at 10am PT
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM
- RT @MaartenSmeetsNL: New blog post on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c Coherence Adapter @soacommunity @AMIS_Services
Jan 24, 2015 at 06:57 PM
- Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to ODI12c Mappings, by @markrittman. OTN Virtual Tech Summit Feb 11.
Jan 21, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sub-track: Data Integration and Analytics, w/ @mRainey @markrittman @stewartbryson
Jan 22, 2015 at 08:49 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware track Open Source and Integration Session Agenda #weblogic #coherence #maven
Jan 21, 2015 at 02:26 PM
- #WebLogic #Docker images added to Oracle's github, h/t to @markxnelson
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM
- Oracle #Maven Repository Index now available - more to come | @MarkxNelson
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM
- RT @stewartbryson: See me at the #OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Data Integration & Analytics @oracleace @OTNArchBeat
Jan 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM
- Podcast: A new approach to #BI projects, w/ @andrewjohnbond @stewartbryson @markrittman
Jan 22, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- Oracle User Group members! We want your feedback on tech review sites. Take this anonymous survey.
Jan 26, 2015 at 07:28 AM
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015