Friday Aug 28, 2015
Friday Aug 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 21, 2015
Tuesday Aug 18, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 18, 2015
Friday Aug 14, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 14, 2015
Tuesday Aug 11, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 11, 2015
Tuesday May 12, 2015
Friday Apr 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 10, 2015
Monday Mar 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 02, 2015
A feast for your eyes! Here are the Top 10 most-viewed 2 Minute Tech Tip videos for February 2015.
Congrats to the top tipsters!
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code
by Stephen Feuerstein
Oracle architect and PL/SQL expert Steven Feuerstein fills 120 seconds with tasty advice on how to write code that doesn't resemble a big plate of pasta.
- Continuous Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
by Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Taking advantage of the continuous integration capabilities in Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c "will make your life a lot easier," says Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen, a managing partner at eProseed.
- DevOps: When Fixing a Problem is a Bad Idea
by Kelly Goetsch
Breaking the habit of fixing problems may sound counter-intuitive, but that's exactly what Oracle Director of Product Development and eCommerce in the Cloud author Kelly Goetsch suggests in his tip.
- Hyperion Metadata Integration
by Rodrigo Radtke and Ricardo Giampaoli
Oracle ACE Associates Ricardo Giampaoli (EPM Solution Architect/Consultant) and Rodrigo Radtke (Software Development Consultant, Dell) based their tip on their OTN technical article, Dynamic Integrations for Multiple Hyperion Planning Applications.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer
by Lucas Jellema
No, this tip by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is not about four of the Seven Dwarves.
- Effective DevOps Through Cultural Change
by Kelly Goetsch
Kelly earns a second slot on this list with his tip on the four cultural changes that are essential for successful DevOps.
- Honing Your Cloud Transformation Strategy
by Ron Batra
Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra, Senior Director of Cloud Architecture and Software Development at Equinix, devotes his two minutes to advice for developing an effective Cloud strategy for your organization. Ron's Tech Tip is based on his article, Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy - Part 1: Self Awareness
- Getting Started with DevOps for Databases
by Dominic Delmolino
Dominic Delmolino, VP of Architecture and Engineering at Agilex Technologies, packs his two minutes with three quick tips to help you get started with DevOps for databases. Dominic's tip is based in part on two posts from his blog, Superscript and Can you see what I see?
- Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c
by Danilo Schmiedel
Oracle ACE Director and Opitz Consulting Solution Architect Danilo Schmiedel devotes his 120 seconds to a tech tip focused on upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to SOA Suite 12c. Want more detail? See the presentation available on Danilo's blog.
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science?
by Michael Rosenblum
Do you approach PL/SQL performance tuning as an art or as a science? This tip from Oracle ACE Michael Rosenblum, Software Architect/Development DBA at Dulcian, Inc., addresses why you should know the difference.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me
Friday Dec 05, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 05, 2014
Five of the Facebook posts in this week's Top 10 list are videos. Does that signal a trend among the 6,118 people who follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? Who knows?
- Video: SOA Suite 12c High Level Overview | Oracle Learning Library
This video overview highlights features in the Oracle SOA Suite 12c release, including automated REST/SOAP conversions, cloud adapters to simplify on-premise to cloud integration, new SAP and JDE Adapters, Managed File Transfer (MFT) for file-based integration, and much more.
- Embedded Oracle Documents Cloud Service Web User Interfaces for folder contents and search results | Nick Montoya
The Embedded Oracle Documents Cloud Service Web User Interface allows users to work together on centralized content with document management features in a ready-to-use interface. Solution architect Nick Montoya shows you how.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using Oracle ADF Libraries | Sten Vesterli
Give Oracle ACE Director and Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development – Made Simple: Second Edition author Sten Vesterli two minutes and he'll explain how to use Oracle ADF Libraries.
- MAF 2.0: Custom Toggle Springboard Functionality (or how I discovered AdfmfSlidingWindowUtilities) | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc and Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide author Luc Bors shares what he has learned.
- Importance of Wrapper in WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Vivek Singh
This paper by Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Vivek Singh examines different aspects of Wrapper, including set-up, ensuring that Wrapper works with friendly URLs, and how to use Wrapper for preview functionality in WebCenter Sites Management.
- Big Deal? No deal? Answer 3 Questions on Microservices
Your opinion matters! Answer these three questions about Microservices. Your response may be quoted in an article in Oracle Magazine
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley's tech tip focuses on using the direct database request feature in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition to empower super-users to query databases directly, bypassing the OBIEE metadata layer.
- Resolving Enterprise Routing and Dialing Plan complexity with Enterprise Communications Broker (ECB) | Gabriel Ostolaza
By sending all calls to an Enterprise Communications Broker (ECB) for centralized processing, the addition of new PBXs requires only a simple configuration for that new PBX and a small modification to the existing ECB configuration. Oracle University training manager Gabriel Ostolaza explains in this article.
- Video: Authentication in Oracle MAF using a Social Identity
This video from the Oracle Mobile Platform YouTube channel features Dede Morton, principal curriculum developer for Oracle Mobility and Development tools, and includes demos that illustrate how to use a social identity for Oracle MAF authentication.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Oracle ACE Luis Weir nearly blew a gasket trying to beat the clock in this 2 Minute Tech Tip recorded at Oracle OpenWorld 2014. Must watch!
Friday Oct 17, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
No statistical evidence exists to suggest that any percentage of the 5,467 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page wear flannel suits and fedoras. Is that significant? Who cares? Here's this week's list of Top 10 Facebook posts.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 2 | Steven Davelaar
Part 2 in Steven Davelaar's series focuses on the implementation of the “read” (GET) RESTful services in service bus by transforming ADF BC SDO SOAP service methods.
- The Parking Lot Pattern | Greg Mally
The parking lot pattern is a strategy in Oracle SOA Suite to stage data in an intermediary store prior to complete processing by SOA Suite itself. This article discusses the components of a batch-related implementation of the pattern.
- Web- and Mobile-Oriented Architectures with Oracle Fusion Middleware - Oracle OpenWorld 2014 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema shares the slides from his Oracle OpenWorld session, along with a link to resources used during his demonstration.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle MAF List Views | Luc Bors
Here's a quick video tip by Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide (Oracle Press) and one of the presenters in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18).
- How Lloyd's Register shipped mobile app on mainframe | Computer Business Review
What role did Oracle Mobile Application Framework play? Get the details in this story by Computer Business Review journalist Joe Curtis.
- SOA Suite 12c: Getting started with the Spring Component | Marteen Smeets
You can take aspirin to cure a headache, or your can follow this technical how-to from Marteen Smeets to prevent one particular headache from ever happening.
- Embedded Systems and The Internet of Things – What’s Under the Hood? | Tom Angelucci
There is more mobile than smart phones and tablets. In this article from RTC Magazine, Oracle's Tom Angelucci explores why "Java Embedded appears to be staking its claim as the preferred programming language businesses use to develop IoT applications."
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - October 7-13, 2014
The Top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweets for the past seven days, covering ADF, enterprise architecture, IoT, mobile, OBIEE, OSB, REST, and of course, beer.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Inter-Thread Communication Between Multiple Event Loops | Niko Kobler
Software architect and JavaOne 2014 session speaker Niko Kobler gets it done just under the wire with a tech tip that covers Avatar.js, Node.js, and JVM. One of nearly thirty 2 Minute Tech Tip videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Watch and learn!
- Oracle WebLogic: Whole Server Migration | Rene van Wijk
"Migration in WebLogic Server is the process of moving a clustered WebLogic Server instance or a component running on a clustered server instance elsewhere in the event of failure, " says Oracle ACE Director Rene Van Wijk. He walks you through the process in this article.
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015