Tuesday May 12, 2015
Friday Apr 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 10, 2015
Monday Mar 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 02, 2015
A feast for your eyes! Here are the Top 10 most-viewed 2 Minute Tech Tip videos for February 2015.
Congrats to the top tipsters!
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code
by Stephen Feuerstein
Oracle architect and PL/SQL expert Steven Feuerstein fills 120 seconds with tasty advice on how to write code that doesn't resemble a big plate of pasta.
- Continuous Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
by Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Taking advantage of the continuous integration capabilities in Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c "will make your life a lot easier," says Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen, a managing partner at eProseed.
- DevOps: When Fixing a Problem is a Bad Idea
by Kelly Goetsch
Breaking the habit of fixing problems may sound counter-intuitive, but that's exactly what Oracle Director of Product Development and eCommerce in the Cloud author Kelly Goetsch suggests in his tip.
- Hyperion Metadata Integration
by Rodrigo Radtke and Ricardo Giampaoli
Oracle ACE Associates Ricardo Giampaoli (EPM Solution Architect/Consultant) and Rodrigo Radtke (Software Development Consultant, Dell) based their tip on their OTN technical article, Dynamic Integrations for Multiple Hyperion Planning Applications.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer
by Lucas Jellema
No, this tip by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is not about four of the Seven Dwarves.
- Effective DevOps Through Cultural Change
by Kelly Goetsch
Kelly earns a second slot on this list with his tip on the four cultural changes that are essential for successful DevOps.
- Honing Your Cloud Transformation Strategy
by Ron Batra
Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra, Senior Director of Cloud Architecture and Software Development at Equinix, devotes his two minutes to advice for developing an effective Cloud strategy for your organization. Ron's Tech Tip is based on his article, Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy - Part 1: Self Awareness
- Getting Started with DevOps for Databases
by Dominic Delmolino
Dominic Delmolino, VP of Architecture and Engineering at Agilex Technologies, packs his two minutes with three quick tips to help you get started with DevOps for databases. Dominic's tip is based in part on two posts from his blog, Superscript and Can you see what I see?
- Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c
by Danilo Schmiedel
Oracle ACE Director and Opitz Consulting Solution Architect Danilo Schmiedel devotes his 120 seconds to a tech tip focused on upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to SOA Suite 12c. Want more detail? See the presentation available on Danilo's blog.
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science?
by Michael Rosenblum
Do you approach PL/SQL performance tuning as an art or as a science? This tip from Oracle ACE Michael Rosenblum, Software Architect/Development DBA at Dulcian, Inc., addresses why you should know the difference.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me
Friday Dec 05, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 05, 2014
Five of the Facebook posts in this week's Top 10 list are videos. Does that signal a trend among the 6,118 people who follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? Who knows?
- Video: SOA Suite 12c High Level Overview | Oracle Learning Library
This video overview highlights features in the Oracle SOA Suite 12c release, including automated REST/SOAP conversions, cloud adapters to simplify on-premise to cloud integration, new SAP and JDE Adapters, Managed File Transfer (MFT) for file-based integration, and much more.
- Embedded Oracle Documents Cloud Service Web User Interfaces for folder contents and search results | Nick Montoya
The Embedded Oracle Documents Cloud Service Web User Interface allows users to work together on centralized content with document management features in a ready-to-use interface. Solution architect Nick Montoya shows you how.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using Oracle ADF Libraries | Sten Vesterli
Give Oracle ACE Director and Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development – Made Simple: Second Edition author Sten Vesterli two minutes and he'll explain how to use Oracle ADF Libraries.
- MAF 2.0: Custom Toggle Springboard Functionality (or how I discovered AdfmfSlidingWindowUtilities) | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc and Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide author Luc Bors shares what he has learned.
- Importance of Wrapper in WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Vivek Singh
This paper by Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Vivek Singh examines different aspects of Wrapper, including set-up, ensuring that Wrapper works with friendly URLs, and how to use Wrapper for preview functionality in WebCenter Sites Management.
- Big Deal? No deal? Answer 3 Questions on Microservices
Your opinion matters! Answer these three questions about Microservices. Your response may be quoted in an article in Oracle Magazine
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley's tech tip focuses on using the direct database request feature in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition to empower super-users to query databases directly, bypassing the OBIEE metadata layer.
- Resolving Enterprise Routing and Dialing Plan complexity with Enterprise Communications Broker (ECB) | Gabriel Ostolaza
By sending all calls to an Enterprise Communications Broker (ECB) for centralized processing, the addition of new PBXs requires only a simple configuration for that new PBX and a small modification to the existing ECB configuration. Oracle University training manager Gabriel Ostolaza explains in this article.
- Video: Authentication in Oracle MAF using a Social Identity
This video from the Oracle Mobile Platform YouTube channel features Dede Morton, principal curriculum developer for Oracle Mobility and Development tools, and includes demos that illustrate how to use a social identity for Oracle MAF authentication.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Oracle ACE Luis Weir nearly blew a gasket trying to beat the clock in this 2 Minute Tech Tip recorded at Oracle OpenWorld 2014. Must watch!
Friday Oct 17, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
No statistical evidence exists to suggest that any percentage of the 5,467 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page wear flannel suits and fedoras. Is that significant? Who cares? Here's this week's list of Top 10 Facebook posts.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 2 | Steven Davelaar
Part 2 in Steven Davelaar's series focuses on the implementation of the “read” (GET) RESTful services in service bus by transforming ADF BC SDO SOAP service methods.
- The Parking Lot Pattern | Greg Mally
The parking lot pattern is a strategy in Oracle SOA Suite to stage data in an intermediary store prior to complete processing by SOA Suite itself. This article discusses the components of a batch-related implementation of the pattern.
- Web- and Mobile-Oriented Architectures with Oracle Fusion Middleware - Oracle OpenWorld 2014 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema shares the slides from his Oracle OpenWorld session, along with a link to resources used during his demonstration.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle MAF List Views | Luc Bors
Here's a quick video tip by Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide (Oracle Press) and one of the presenters in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18).
- How Lloyd's Register shipped mobile app on mainframe | Computer Business Review
What role did Oracle Mobile Application Framework play? Get the details in this story by Computer Business Review journalist Joe Curtis.
- SOA Suite 12c: Getting started with the Spring Component | Marteen Smeets
You can take aspirin to cure a headache, or your can follow this technical how-to from Marteen Smeets to prevent one particular headache from ever happening.
- Embedded Systems and The Internet of Things – What’s Under the Hood? | Tom Angelucci
There is more mobile than smart phones and tablets. In this article from RTC Magazine, Oracle's Tom Angelucci explores why "Java Embedded appears to be staking its claim as the preferred programming language businesses use to develop IoT applications."
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - October 7-13, 2014
The Top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweets for the past seven days, covering ADF, enterprise architecture, IoT, mobile, OBIEE, OSB, REST, and of course, beer.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Inter-Thread Communication Between Multiple Event Loops | Niko Kobler
Software architect and JavaOne 2014 session speaker Niko Kobler gets it done just under the wire with a tech tip that covers Avatar.js, Node.js, and JVM. One of nearly thirty 2 Minute Tech Tip videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Watch and learn!
- Oracle WebLogic: Whole Server Migration | Rene van Wijk
"Migration in WebLogic Server is the process of moving a clustered WebLogic Server instance or a component running on a clustered server instance elsewhere in the event of failure, " says Oracle ACE Director Rene Van Wijk. He walks you through the process in this article.
Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 26, 2014
This week's list of the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat is completely bacon-free. Get a taste!
- OTN Architect Community Newsletter - August Edition #Java #Coherence #WebLogic #Mobile and much more.
Aug 21, 2014 at 04:58 PM
- Mobile Apps for Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:50 AM
- A Dozen Things to Know about Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
Aug 22, 2014 at 08:27 AM
- Podcast: Redefining Information Management Architecture w/ @andrewjohnbond @stewartbryson @markrittman
Aug 21, 2014 at 02:29 PM
- Link Roundup, 8/21/14: #Wearable Computing | @BillPollak #SEI
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:09 AM
- Set-up a 12c SOA/BPM Infrastructure | Rene van Wijk #SOA12c #oracleace
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:23 AM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - August 15-21 #Coherence #Endeca #OIM #SOASuite #WebCenter #WebLogic
Aug 22, 2014 at 10:35 AM
- #WebCenter Sites Demo: Integration with #Endeca Guided Search | Micheal Sullivan
Aug 19, 2014 at 03:10 PM
- SEI Turns Software Architecture into a Game >> And you can play it!
Aug 21, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- Video: AMX Events and Listeners | @ChrisCMuir #OracleMAF
Aug 19, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Tuesday Jul 29, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 29, 2014
Among the 2,998 people who follow @OTNArchBeat these ten tweets were the most popular for over the last seven days, July 22-28, 2014.
- RT @forrester: As #bigdata explodes, so do old ways of doing business. @PracticingEA explains why a reset is necessary. #forrbigdata
Jul 23, 2014 at 02:50 PM
- RT @brunoborges: This is a robot of the Home League at #RoboCup2014 and it is using @Java for state machine. Cool!!
Jul 23, 2014 at 02:52 PM
- Why Oracle Big Data #SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with #Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
Jul 28, 2014 at 07:37 AM
- What's New in #SOA Suite 12c - Rapid Installation >> excerpt from a white paper by @SOASimone
Jul 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM
- Oracle #SOASuite at #OOW14: List of Sessions and Speakers
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
- Archive Podcast: Data Warehousing and #ODI w/ @gurcan_orhan @ubethke @CameronLackpour @mRainey
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
- Set-up a 12c Oracle Service Bus Infrastructure | Rene van Wijk #soa #oraclace
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @JavaOneConf
Jul 24, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- RT @MoDJorg: IT-Security (Part 6): WebLogic Server and Authorization
Jul 23, 2014 at 05:24 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @glassfish @OracleSOA @wrecks47
Jul 23, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Friday Jul 11, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 11, 2014
The Top 10 most popular post from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of July 4-10, 2014.[Read More]
Tuesday Jul 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 01, 2014
Among the 2,921 people following @OTNArchBeat, these were the most popular tweets for the last seven days, June 24-30, 2014.
- RT @superpixels: Big Data
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM
- RT @Gartner_inc: Through 2017, 75% of mobile security breaches will be the result of mobile application misconfigurations #GartnerSEC
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
- RT @oracleotn: Career Opportunity: Work for the #OracleACE Program
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM
- RT @ddelmoli: #Kscope14 Oracle Magazine Peer-to-peer interview where I talk about @ODTUG
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
- Virus-Proofing Oracle #WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | @feitnomore
Jun 25, 2014 at 09:56 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @oraclebase @UweHesse @wlscommunity
Jun 29, 2014 at 01:48 PM
- Say hello to the new Oracle Mobile Application Framework | @jdevshay #oracleMAF
Jun 30, 2014 at 02:53 PM
- RT @odtug: Elvis has entered the building! #Kscope14 special event tonight!
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
- RT @lucasjellema: Cool new feature in #SOASuite12c : Native Format Translation in Service Bus Pipeline
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is now available for free download under the OTN Developer License.
Jun 27, 2014 at 08:51 AM
- Video: Setting Up Your Raspberry Pi | Luc Bors
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 23-29, 2015
- Video: Learn to ♥ APIs for a Lasting UX Relationship | Ultan O'Broin
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 18-25, 2015
- Video: Tuning Use Cases for PaaS4SaaS Success | Julian Orr
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 16-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 12-18, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 8-14, 2015
- #OTNVTS July 2015: It's all about WebLogic
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 5 - 11, 2015