By OTN ArchBeat on Feb 14, 2014
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (February 7-13, 2014).
- Podcast: Taking Charge: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges - Part 3
In part 3 of this 4-part podcast SOA Governance experts Mark Dutra, Manuel Rosa, Andre Sampaio, and Luis Weir discuss the most common SOA Governance mistakes and why organizations make them. Listen!
- Creating a Foundation for Cloud Applications using Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Coherence
This free online developer conference includes 6 sessions in two tracks, including a special Developer Preview of Oracle WebLogic 12.1.3. Then roll up your sleeves for a guided hands-on coding session. February 20, 2014. 9am - 1pm PT / 12pm - 4pm ET / 3pm - 7pm BRST. Click the link for session details and registration info. Register Now!
- LOV (List of Values) using EJBs | Antonis Antoniou
This post by solution architect Antonis Antoniou demonstrates "how to use EJBs to build your business services and how to build a simple form with a list-of-value component (using the selectOneChoice component). "
- "Services designed and developed by monkeys..."
David Linthicum pulls no punches in his recent post about how those who lack a thorough understanding of SOA will never truly capitalize on Cloud.
- Websocket support in Oracle Traffic Director | Donald Forbes
Donald Forbes looks at "what is involved to setup an architecture with a browser accessing a web application running websockets on WebLogic and proxied/load balanced through OTD."
- Using soapUI for secure, asynchronous web service invocations in Fusion Applications | Gerhard Dras
Fusion Applications expose a variety of web services for querying, creating and updating of business objects. This detailed post from A-Team solution architect Gerhard Drasch shows you how leverage those services asynchronously.
- Some Tips for Configuring Endeca for Optimal Production Performance with ATG | Mark Scarton
Want to ensure optimum performance from your production Oracle Commerce Endeca environment? Read this post by A-Team solution architect Mark Scarton for some hot tips.
- Video: Getting Started for ADF Essentials with OEPE and GlassFish | Frederic Desbiens
In this video Frederic Desbiens takes you through an introduction to using ADF Essentials to develop and deploy ADF applications with OEPE and GlassFish.
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | René van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Fusion Middleware specialist René van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Top 5 ArchBeat Community Videos - Last 30 days (Jan 11, 2014 – Feb 9, 2014)
The latest list of Top 5 videos from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel is dominated by how-to videos from the Oracle Technology Network Virtual Developer Day event "Oracle ADF Development: Web, Mobile and Beyond."
Thought for the Day
"My wife Mary and I have been married for forty-seven years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never."
— Jack Benny, comedian, actor
(February 14, 1894 – December 26, 1974)