Tuesday Jan 26, 2016
Tuesday Dec 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 08, 2015
Friday Dec 04, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 04, 2015
Friday Sep 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 25, 2015
The weekly Facebook Friday Top 10 List moves some people to dance. Here's the list for the week of September 18 - 24, 2015. How does it make you feel?[Read More]
Friday Jul 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 24, 2015
Friday Jul 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 10, 2015
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Friday Jun 06, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 06, 2014
The list below is comprised of the Top 10 most popular articles, blog posts, videos, and other content shared over the last seven days with the more than 5,100 people fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page.
- What is REST? | Maarten Smeets
"Most Middleware developers will encounter RESTful services," says Oracle SOA / BPM / Java integration specialist Maarten Smeets. "It is good to understand what they are, what they should be and how they work." His extensive post will help you achieve that understanding.
- Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs | Arvind Srinivasamoorth
This article, part one of Arvind Srinivasamoorth's two-part series on Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs, shows you how to identify the Fusion Applications SOAP web service to be invoked.
- Oracle Technology Network | Architect Community
Have you visited the OTN Solution Architect homepage lately? I've just updated it with information about the big OTN Virtual Tech Summit on July 9, plus the latest OTN tech articles, and a fresh list of community videos and podcasts. Check it out!
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Application Composer Series: Where and When to use Groovy | Richard Bingham
Richard Bingham describes his post as "more of a reference than an article." The post is comprised of a table that highlights where you can add your own custom logic via Groovy code and when you might use the various features.
- Kscope 2014: HFM Metadata Diagnostics | Eric Erikson
Oracle Certified Hyperion Financial Management Specialist Eric Erikson will present three sessions at ODTUG Kscope 2014, June 22-26 in Seattle. Why should you care? Watch the video.
- Tuning Asynchronous Web Services in Fusion Applications | Jian Liang
This article, the fourth in solution architect Jian Liang's five-part series on Fusion Applications and asynchronous Web Services, shows you how to conduct performance tuning of the asynchronous web services in relation to Fusion Applications.
- IDM FA Integration Flows | Thiago Leoncio
Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Identity Management for its identity store and policy store by default. This article by solution architect Thiago Leoncio explains how user and role flows work from different points of view, using key IDM products for each flow in detail.
- GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator - A Perfect Match in 12c... Part 1: Getting Started | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey has already written extensively about about integration between Oracle Data Integrator and GoldenGate -- but he's not done. "With the release of the 12c versions of ODI and GoldenGate last October, and a soon-to-be-updated reference architecture, it’s time to write a few posts on the subject again, " he says. Here's the first of those posts.
- Video: Kscope 2014 Preview: Tim Tow on Essbase Java API and ODTUG Community
Oracle ACE Director and ODTUG board member Tim Tow talks about his Kscope 2014 sessions focused on the Essbase Java API in this short video interview.
Friday Apr 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 04, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 28 - April 3, 2014.
- Analyzing How MDM and MAM Stack Up Against Your Mobile Security Requirements | Matt Flynn
"As the mobile access landscape changes and organizations continue to lose more and more control over how and where information is used, there is also a seismic shift taking place in the underlying mobile security models, " says Matt Flynn. He explores some of those models in this post.
- Multi Channel Architectures and Securing The Mobile Channel | Ricardo Diaz
Ricardo Diaz's post is the first in a series that will cover mobile security risks, look at variety of IDM issues, including MDM, MAM, device management, fraud, secure containers, and extending IdM to mobile.
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (Python: urllib2) | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article, part of a series focused on using various technologies to invoke SOAP web services provided by Fusion Applications, zeroes in on using urllib2 for Python.
- Fusion Applications Lifecycle – the Big Picture
This article from the Fusion Middleware A-Team summarizes lifecycle topics related to key phases of Oracle Fusion Applications implementation and maintenance, highlighting existing options, tools and documentation. The purpose is to provide a clear and concise overview along with pointers that guide you to detailed next steps.
- Migrating JDBC Resources from GlassFish to WebLogic | Bruno Borges
Bruno Borges continues his series of articles on Migrating from GlassFish to WebLogic with a look at the migration of DataSources.
- Managed Bean changes should mark their ADF Scope dirty in a HA cluster | Wilfred van der Deijl
Are you developing ADF applications that will run on a high-availability WebLogic cluster? If so, you'll want to read Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl's latest post.
- Integrating With Fusion Application Using Services (SoapUi) | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's series on using various technologies to invoke SOAP web services provided by Fusion Applications continues with this post focused on using SoapUI.
- Using your Existing Oracle ADF Applications as a Pillar of your Mobile Strategy | Frederic Desbiens
Frédéric Desbiens considers the basic principles of service orientation and the challenges that are specific to mobile applications in order to show you how to use exisitng Oracle ADF applications as one of the pillars of your mobile back-end.
- Podcast: Big Data Architecture - Part 3
There's big, and then there's BIG! Oracle ACE Director and Hadoop expert Gwen Shapira joins "Oracle Big Data Handbook" authors Brian MacDonald, Bruce Nelson, and Thomas Plunkett to discuss the challenges of keeping up with coming data explosion.
- Integrating WebCenter Analytics with WebCenter Portal | Daniel Merchán García
A detailed, step-by-step guide from Daniel Merchan Garcia.
Thought for the Day
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
— Emo Philips, comedian
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - February 5-11, 2016
- Promote your Collab 16 Session with a 2 Minute Tech Tip
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 2-8, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 1-7, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - Jan 29 - Feb 4, 2016.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Jan 26 - Feb 1, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - January 25-31, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - January 22-28, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - January 19-25, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - January 17-24, 2016