Truly successful service oriented architecture involves a lot more than having a portfolio of services. The development and use of those services and other software assets within the SOA architecture must be guided by specific principles to insure that when, where, and how those services and other assets are used drives the organization toward its goals. That guidance is what SOA Governance is all about.
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast series gives you a seat at a roundtable discussion with four experts on the current state in the evolution of SOA Governance: what old problems persist, what new problems have presented themselves, and what can be done to implement an efficient and effective SOA governance program.
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
- Mark Dutra,Senior Principal Product Manager for API Management, Oracle
- Manuel Rosa,SOA Governance Practice Leader, Link Consulting
- André Sampaio,Enterprise Architect, Senior Consultant, Link Consulting
- Luis Weir, Senior Oracle Solution Director, HCL AXON
- Listen to Part 1: What are we talking about when we talk about SOA Governance? What are the key components and objectives?
- Listen to Part 2: Some things never change. Exploring the most persistent SOA Governance challenges.
- Listen to Part 3: The most common SOA Governance mistakes and why organizations make them.
- Listen to Part 4: Cloud, mobile, IoT - what new challenges face SOA Governance in the rapid evolution of enterprise IT?
- Oracle SOA Governance 11g Implementation [2013, Packt Publishing]
by Luis Weir and Andrew Bell
Define the key goals and objectives for SOA governance, assess the current SOA maturity level within your organization, and understand the key challenges faced by organizations prior to implementing SOA governance.
- SOA Governance Through Enterprise Architecture [December 2013]
by Manuel Rosa and André de Oliveira Sampaio
This article presents a strategy for increasing the visibility and viability of SOA governance as part of a global enterprise architecture.
Be an ArchBeat Podcast Guest Producer
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast? Put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.