By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 25, 2013
Service Oriented Architecture may not get the attention it used to, but it's still alive and kicking -- and more important than ever.
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast program features a panel discussion on the State of Service Oriented Architecture. The panel for this conversation consists of four gentlemen who collectively represent exactly half of the team of experts behind Industrial SOA, a new series of articles available on OTN.
- Middleware Expert Jurgen Kress works for Oracle EMEA Alliances and Channels. He is the founder of the Oracle SOA and BPM community, the Oracle WebLogic Partner Community, and the global Oracle Partner Advisory Councils.
- Oracle ACE Director Hajo Normann is the SOA/BPM lead for Accenture ASG. He is one of the leaders of the German Oracle user group known as DOAG SIG SOA, and is a member of the Masons of SOA.
- Oracle ACE Director Guido Schmutz works for Trivadis, where is responsible for innovative SOA, BPM, and Application Integration solutions and leads the Trivadis Architecture Board.
- Oracle ACE Director Torsten Winterberg works for Opitz Consulting in a dual role as director of strategy and innovation and head of the SOA competence center. He is also a leader of the DOAG SIG SOA, and a member of the Masons of SOA.
- Listen to Part 1: The panel discusses why SOA is more important than ever.
- Listen to Part 2: The panel discuss SOA in the context of business/IT alignment challenges and shares insight on the differences in SOA approaches between Europe and the US.
- Listen to Part 3: The panel explains the concept of Industrialized SOA and discusses what it means for Cloud computing, Mobile, Big Data, and other trends.
The next OTN ArchBeat podcast features a panel discussion of mobile architectures and Oracle ADF Mobile.
Stay tuned: RSS