Friday May 08, 2015
Thursday Apr 09, 2015
Wednesday Apr 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 01, 2015
Oracle Access Manager implementation specialist and senior technical consultant Ganesh Kamble's 2 Minute Tech Tip is based on Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server, his recent OTN technical article -- and he gets the job done with just one second to spare![Read More]
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Thursday Feb 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 26, 2015
As if these people don't already spend plenty of time pounding a keyboard and taxing their tendons just doing their jobs...
Here are four new OTN technical articles written by community members.
Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1
by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou
This article by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou is part one of a two part series that compares the differences in fault handling options between Oracle BPM 11g and 12c, and explores the new error handling and recovery features introduced in Oracle BPM 12c.
Quality Assurance with JDeveloper 11g and 12c
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
A pair of ACEs explain the process behind creating Oracle JDeveloper and Application Development Framework (ADF) code audit rules, and why they think this is a powerful tool for developers.
Tutorial: Creating JDeveloper Audit Rules
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and
Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
Why postpone quality assurance until the very end of the software development process when you can use JDeveloper extensions to apply quality checks and rules to the code you write when you're writing it? In this 4-part companion tutorial for the article listed above, Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs show you how.
Externalize the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server
by Ganesh Kamble
This article discusses how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
If you're ready to laugh in the face of carpal tunnel syndrome and write an OTN technical article, leave a comment here, or ping me on Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 24-30, 2015
- Video: When to Use GoldenGate 11g With BI Applications 11g | Michael Rainey
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 21-27, 2015