Tuesday Jul 07, 2015
Friday Jun 05, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 05, 2015
Friday May 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 08, 2015
Thursday Apr 09, 2015
Wednesday Apr 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 01, 2015
Oracle Access Manager implementation specialist and senior technical consultant Ganesh Kamble's 2 Minute Tech Tip is based on Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server, his recent OTN technical article -- and he gets the job done with just one second to spare![Read More]
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Thursday Feb 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 26, 2015
As if these people don't already spend plenty of time pounding a keyboard and taxing their tendons just doing their jobs...
Here are four new OTN technical articles written by community members.
Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1
by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou
This article by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou is part one of a two part series that compares the differences in fault handling options between Oracle BPM 11g and 12c, and explores the new error handling and recovery features introduced in Oracle BPM 12c.
Quality Assurance with JDeveloper 11g and 12c
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
A pair of ACEs explain the process behind creating Oracle JDeveloper and Application Development Framework (ADF) code audit rules, and why they think this is a powerful tool for developers.
Tutorial: Creating JDeveloper Audit Rules
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and
Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
Why postpone quality assurance until the very end of the software development process when you can use JDeveloper extensions to apply quality checks and rules to the code you write when you're writing it? In this 4-part companion tutorial for the article listed above, Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs show you how.
Externalize the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server
by Ganesh Kamble
This article discusses how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
If you're ready to laugh in the face of carpal tunnel syndrome and write an OTN technical article, leave a comment here, or ping me on Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
Monday Dec 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 22, 2014
I recorded the first 2 Minute Tech Tip video on August 29, 2014. Since then (as of this writing), 34 people have presented tech tips, and more are on the way. Some are recorded via Skype, so the Tipsters can stay in their pajamas. The rest are recorded in-person, using my trusty iPad2. All are edited and assembled using iMovie. I have great fun doing these videos, and I'm reasonably certain the people presenting the tips had fun, too (though for #3 I thought I might have to perform CPR on Oracle ACE Luis Weir, and Oracle ACE Director Rich Niemiec in #2 scared me a little).
So here, based on YouTube's analytics, are the Top 10 most popular 2 Minute Tech Tips for 2014. Big thanks to all of the Tipsters who participated, and congratulations to those who made this list.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer | Lucas Jellema
Published on Sep 10, 2014
- Oracle 12c New Features | Rich Niemiec
Published on Oct 3, 2014
- Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Published on Oct 6, 2014
- How to be a Database Security Superhero | Michelle Malcher
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science? | Michael Rosenblum
Published on Oct 7, 2014
- Building a Responsive WebCenter Portal with ADF | JayJay Zheng
Published on Aug 29, 2014
- Fast, Focused Essbase Data Extraction | Cameron Lackpour
Published on Sep 17, 2014
- Application Security Essentials | Douwe Pieter van den Bos
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code | Steven Feuerstein
Published on Nov 13, 2014
- Managing Java Memory Use | John Davies
Published on Sep 15, 2014
If you want to be a 2 Minute Tech Tipster, please contact me via Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
Friday Dec 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 19, 2014
Here it is, the final Facebook Friday Top 10 list for 2014 (I'm taking some time off over the holidays). In 2014 the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page picked up an additional 1,455 new fans, for a total of 6,217. Big thanks to all the fans who follow the page, and to the experts who create all the content that brings the fans to the page.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways: Parallel Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Part 3 in Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou's 5-part series shows you how to you can use the parallel gateway in a process.
- How to implement a custom WCS flex filter | Noël Jaffré
This A-Team Chronicles blog post includes links to a document by Noël Jaffré of OCS/EMEA "that describes very succinctly how to implement a custom flex filter class for use with WebCenter Sites flex assets."
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About BPM 11g/12c | Mark Foster et al
Mark Foster collaborated with his A-Team colleagues Sushil Shukla, Siming Mu, John Featherly, and Pete Farkas to put together this list of things everyone should know when embarking on a BPM project.
- Top 5 OTN Business Intelligence Articles for 2014
Why only the Top 5? Because these five Business Intelligence articles totally dominated the category. Congrats to authors Mark Rittman, Kevin McGinley, Christian Screen, Edelweiss Kammermann, and Yuli Vasiliev.
- Xmas Day 2014: IoT Devices Go Online | Hinkmond Wong
Hinkmond Wong shares an interesting take on how Christmas Day 2014 might be a milestone in Internet history.
- Updated Coherence JVisualVM Plugin in Latest Coherence Patch | Tim Middleton
As reported by Tim Middleton, Coherence 18.104.22.168.1, (Patch 18378184) includes updates to the Coherence JVisualVM Plugin, a couple of UI tweaks, and it addresses an issue when monitoring Coherence clusters in WebLogic Server environments.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? Monty Latiolais heads up an expert panel that debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Free Tutorial Series: Monitoring of Mobile Applications | Oracle Learning Library
This series of four short tutorials (5 mins each) describes the daily monitoring of mobile applications with the Applications Interface Services Server through Server Manager. Free from the Oracle Learning Library.
- BPM Workspace Login with libOVD and LDAP - Part 1: Configuration and Startup | Siming Mu
This article by solution architect Siming Mu is the first of a series that will shed some light on the interactions between BPM Workspace, libOVD and LDAPs. Information in this post is obtained by analyzing a series of libOVD trace logs.
- Top 10 OTN Identity Mgmt and Security Articles for 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it the ever-present risk of hacker attacks, like the recent assault on Sony Pictures? Ease your mind with this list of 2014's Top 10 most popular OTN technical articles on identity management and security.
Monday Dec 15, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 15, 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it something else?
Identity Management and Security are consistently hot topics across the OTN community. Given the frequency of news reports of hacker attacks like the recent assault on Sony Pictures, it's easy to understand why.
So, as part of my ongoing series of posts looking back on some of the OTN content that has attracted the most eyeballs in 2014, here's a list of the year's Top 10 Identity and Security articles. If you know any of the authors, take them out for an espresso.
- How To Configure Browser-based SSO with Kerberos/SPNEGO and Oracle WebLogic Server [May 2013]
by Abhijit Patil
Oracle WebLogic Server offers a complete solution for single sign-on with Microsoft clients using Kerberos.
- Working with Oracle Security Token Service in an Architecture Involving Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Service Bus [January 2014]
by Ronaldo Fernandes
Using Oracle Security Token Service to generate Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) tokens.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Reconciliation Events Processing [April 2013]
by Firdaus Fraz
Available options and the associated limitations for reconciliation and the sequencing of reconciliation events in Oracle Identity Manager
- Diagnosing Intermittent Authentication Failures and User Lock-Outs in Oracle WebLogic [February 2014]
by Shailesh K. Mishrah
How login failures in WebLogic can be diagnosed with the help of available debug flags and log files.
- Flexible Manipulation of Session Timeout for Oracle Identity Manager Web Applications [January 2014]
by Firdaus Fraz
Session timeout configuration for Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2PS1 using an Oracle WebLogic deployment plan.
- Oracle Identity Manager UI Customizations [February 2014]
by Gaurav Singh
Tips, tricks, and technical insight into customizations for the Oracle Identity Manager user interface.
- Project Lockdown [August 2010]
by Arup Nanda
A phased approach to securing your database infrastructure.
- Multi-Factor Authentication in Oracle WebLogic [October 2013]
by Shailesh K. Mishra
Using multi-factor authentication to protect web applications deployed on Oracle WebLogic.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Catalog: Domain Index Best Practices and FAQs [May 2014]
by Lokesh Gupta
Optimizations and best practices for domain-based indexing with the Access Request Catalog feature in Oracle Identity Management.
- Protecting IDPs from Malformed SAML Requests [July 2013]
by Steffo Weber
Using Oracle API Gateway as an XML firewall to protect Oracle Identity Federation from receiving malformed SAML requests
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 4-10, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Nine Items I Posted During My Vacation