Friday May 08, 2015
Friday May 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 01, 2015
Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 28, 2015
Friday Apr 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 24, 2015
Friday Apr 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 03, 2015
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 188.8.131.52."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 17, 2015
Take aim at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 10-16, 2015.
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Full house at @debralilley presentation about Cloud readiness #OUGN15
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:29 PM
- RT @AntoniouAntonis: 2 Minute TechTip on Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM 12c
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- An Introduction to Analysing #ODI Runtime Data Through #Elasticsearch and #Kibana 4, by @rmoff
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:04 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Mar 11, 2015 at 08:26 AM
- RT @OracleLL: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus: Released On: 09-Mar-15 REST-Enabling SOA
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM
- Top 10 Tweets - March 3-9 #APIMgmt #BPM #Cloud #Hyperion #Microservices #ODI #OEMM, and more.
Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48 AM
- White Paper: Intro to Oracle Stream Explorer, by @jricardoferreir #CEP
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Mar 12, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @nanostimuli @MikaelFries on-demand #free
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Feb 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 20, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 13-19, 2015.
- Calling Oracle Documents Cloud Service REST APIs from WebCenter Content Custom Components | Peter Flies
Files from Oracle Documents Cloud Service can be migrated to and from WebCenter Content using the SkySync desktop application, which makes for simple transferring between WCC and ODCS. However, other use cases with ODCS may be desired from within WCC itself. Solution architect Richard Flies article illustrates one method for integrating WCC with ODCS using the AppLink REST API.
- Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server | Ganesh Kamble
Ganesh Kamble's technical article shows you how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
- Oracle ADF Faces 12c Components Demo and Test Automation | Wilfred van der Deijl
Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl continues his series of posts on using Selenium to automate testing of Oracle ADF applications.
- VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals | Oracle Community
Eleven OTN Virtual Technology Summit session proposals are now available for your review and voting, Final selections for VTS 4 in May will be made next week, and your votes will guide those decisions. Vote now!
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 6-12, 2015
This week's list of Top 10 posts from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering certification, enterprise architects, Maven, middleware, mobile, PaaS, WebLogic, and more.
- #OTNVTS Middleware Session Proposals: Vote, or Submit Your Own
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke Souza have submitted proposals for OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track sessions. Cast your vote, or submit your own session proposal now!
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
Insight from a panel of experts on the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Ready for Your Close-Up? Schedule your OTN ArchBeat 2 Minute Tech Tip
35 people have recorded 2 Minute Tech Tips for the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Most tips are recorded via Skype, and the initial process typically takes less than 10 minutes. Videos are generally published the same day. Want to do one? Post a comment to let me know!
- Vote: OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals
Help determine the sessions to be included in the next OTN Virtual Technology Summit! New session proposals from Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, Lucas Jellema, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke de Souza are now ready for your review, along with proposals from Maarten Smeets, and Robert van Molken, Selections for the next VTS will be made on or about February 23. Vote now!
- Avoiding Memory Leaks with JDK 1.7 SDP Support | Ricardo Ferreira
SDP is commonly leveraged when applications running on Exalogic need high performance access to Oracle databases running on Exadata. This article by Oracle A-Team solution architect Ricardo Ferreira presents strategies for dealing with issues that can arise when Java applications access SDP-enabled databases in Exadata.
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016