Friday Apr 24, 2015
Friday Apr 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 03, 2015
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 126.96.36.199."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 17, 2015
Take aim at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 10-16, 2015.
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Full house at @debralilley presentation about Cloud readiness #OUGN15
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:29 PM
- RT @AntoniouAntonis: 2 Minute TechTip on Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM 12c
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- An Introduction to Analysing #ODI Runtime Data Through #Elasticsearch and #Kibana 4, by @rmoff
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:04 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Mar 11, 2015 at 08:26 AM
- RT @OracleLL: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus: Released On: 09-Mar-15 REST-Enabling SOA
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM
- Top 10 Tweets - March 3-9 #APIMgmt #BPM #Cloud #Hyperion #Microservices #ODI #OEMM, and more.
Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48 AM
- White Paper: Intro to Oracle Stream Explorer, by @jricardoferreir #CEP
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Mar 12, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @nanostimuli @MikaelFries on-demand #free
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Feb 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 20, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 13-19, 2015.
- Calling Oracle Documents Cloud Service REST APIs from WebCenter Content Custom Components | Peter Flies
Files from Oracle Documents Cloud Service can be migrated to and from WebCenter Content using the SkySync desktop application, which makes for simple transferring between WCC and ODCS. However, other use cases with ODCS may be desired from within WCC itself. Solution architect Richard Flies article illustrates one method for integrating WCC with ODCS using the AppLink REST API.
- Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server | Ganesh Kamble
Ganesh Kamble's technical article shows you how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
- Oracle ADF Faces 12c Components Demo and Test Automation | Wilfred van der Deijl
Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl continues his series of posts on using Selenium to automate testing of Oracle ADF applications.
- VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals | Oracle Community
Eleven OTN Virtual Technology Summit session proposals are now available for your review and voting, Final selections for VTS 4 in May will be made next week, and your votes will guide those decisions. Vote now!
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 6-12, 2015
This week's list of Top 10 posts from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering certification, enterprise architects, Maven, middleware, mobile, PaaS, WebLogic, and more.
- #OTNVTS Middleware Session Proposals: Vote, or Submit Your Own
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke Souza have submitted proposals for OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track sessions. Cast your vote, or submit your own session proposal now!
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
Insight from a panel of experts on the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Ready for Your Close-Up? Schedule your OTN ArchBeat 2 Minute Tech Tip
35 people have recorded 2 Minute Tech Tips for the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Most tips are recorded via Skype, and the initial process typically takes less than 10 minutes. Videos are generally published the same day. Want to do one? Post a comment to let me know!
- Vote: OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Track Session Proposals
Help determine the sessions to be included in the next OTN Virtual Technology Summit! New session proposals from Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, Lucas Jellema, and Torsten Winterberg, and Oracle ACE Associate Rodrigo Radtke de Souza are now ready for your review, along with proposals from Maarten Smeets, and Robert van Molken, Selections for the next VTS will be made on or about February 23. Vote now!
- Avoiding Memory Leaks with JDK 1.7 SDP Support | Ricardo Ferreira
SDP is commonly leveraged when applications running on Exalogic need high performance access to Oracle databases running on Exadata. This article by Oracle A-Team solution architect Ricardo Ferreira presents strategies for dealing with issues that can arise when Java applications access SDP-enabled databases in Exadata.
Friday Feb 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
The data determines that these are the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the last seven days, January 30 - February 5, 2015.
- Best Jobs in America: Software Architect is #1
"Software Architect" once again tops the CNN/Money list of "top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work," beating out "Video Game Designer."
- Getting Started with iOS Development using Eclipse and Java | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Schmeltzer's step-by-step video demo shows you how to use Eclipse to build an on-device mobile application that runs on iOS devices.
- Using the WebLogic Embedded EJB Container | Steve Button
The WebLogic Server 12.1.3 EJB Developers Guide was recently updated to note that the embedded EJB container can be used by adding a reference to weblogic.jar to the CLASSPATH when the EJB client is being executed. Steve Button's short how-to will help you get started.
- WebLogic Maven Plugin - Simplest Example | Steve Button
Steve Button's post is a response to several recent questions about how to configure the WebLogic Maven Plug-in.
- Oracle Mobile Suite - Web Service Performance Optimisation with Result Caching | Andrejus Baranovskis
According to Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovkis, one of the primary advantages of Oracle Mobile Suite is Service Bus and SOAP/REST web service transformation. "You will get very nice performance improvement," He shows you how it all works in this technical post.
- Trends in Cloud Computing: The Rise of SaaS and PaaS | Debra Lilley
"I predict that, in 2015 and beyond, PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way," says Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley in this article from Profit Magazine
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1 - Now Available | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version focuses on upgrading the framework's infrastructure and includes support for Java 8, Cordova 3, Xcode 6, and Android 5. Click the link for more information.
- MAF 2.1 - Debugger Improvements and Mobile REST Client | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares solutions to some problems he recently encountered while implementing and mapping a programmatic MAF client for a REST service.
- EM12c: How to Retrieve Passwords from the Named Credentials | Gokhan Atil
Oracle ACE Gokhan Atil's detailed post shows you how to keep digging to retrieve encrypted information saved in named credentials.
- Video: WLST Script Profiles | Peter Bowers
In this new how-to technical video from the Oracle WebLogic YouTube Channel, Peter Bowers, a key developer on the WebLogic team, talks about the WLST script profile feature, and offers some cool sample code and a demo.
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 25-October 1, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 18-24, 2015
- Video: Four Questions on the Oracle Integration Cloud Service
- Enteprise Architecture Summit at OpenWorld
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 15-21, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 11-17, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts for August 4-10, 2015