Friday May 01, 2015
Friday Apr 18, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 18, 2014
Among the blog posts, articles, events, and other items shared with the more the 5,000 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, the following items were the most popular:
- OIM Clustering: Keeping separate environments separate | Simon Kissane
For testing and development purposes, it is common to have multiple distinct OIM environments co-existing on the same subnet. In that scenario, it is essential that the distinct environments utilize separate multicast addresses, so that they do not talk to each other. How-to from solution architect Simon Kissane.
- SOA and Cloud
The final article in the Industrial SOA article series takes a look at the relationship between SOA and Cloud Computing, and offers insight into how SOA principles can help to insure the long-term success and business value of the migration to the Cloud.
- ODI Agents: Standalone, JEE and Colocated | Christophe Dupupet
Oracle Data Integrator version 12 offers three flavors of agents: JEE, Colocated and Standalone. Christophe Dupupet's post compares and contrasts the benefits of each in order to help developers and architects select the best options for implementation.
- Python in NetBeans IDE 8.0 | Geertjan Wielenga
How's this for concise? Geertjan's post uses just 9 screenshots and a scant 123 words to explain how to use Python in NetBeans IDE.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Groovy in ADF | Arda Eralp
The latest release of JDeveloper provides integrated support for Groovy. Read this post by Arda Eralp for some nuts-and-bolts details on using Groovy syntax in Oracle ADF.
- Webcast: Managing Complexity in the Internet of Things
In this free webcast representatives from companies including Cisco, Hitacthi, Verizon Telematics, and V2Com will discuss how their organizations are tapping into the Internet of Things. Thursday April 24, 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET.
- Video: ADF - Designing for Internationalization - Resource Bundles | Frederic Desbiens
In this episode of Oracle ADF TV Frederic Desbiens discusses options for implementing ADF resource bundles in order to manage translated text strings in a structured manner.
- Understanding Where to Install the ODI Standalone Agent | Christophe Dupupet
With no middle tier required in the ODI architecture, the most common question from people who are new to ODI is where to install the standalone agent: source, target or middle tier systems? Read this post by Fusion Middleware architect Christophe Dupupet for a look at possible architectures and recommendations for best choices.
- Humantask Assignment: Names and Expressions Assignment via Rules | Marcel van de Glind
Marcel van de Glind continues his series with a post that offers an example of task assignment by Names And Expressions using Oracle Business Rules.
- Things to do in the OTN Lounge at OOW15
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Sep 29 - Oct 5, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 25-October 1, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 18-24, 2015
- Video: Four Questions on the Oracle Integration Cloud Service
- Enteprise Architecture Summit at OpenWorld
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 15-21, 2015