Friday Apr 03, 2015
Thursday Feb 05, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 05, 2015
If you want to know about upgrading Oracle EPM systems, do you ask a plumber? A surgeon? Lady Gaga's hairdresser? No! You ask an Oracle EPM expert. The latest OTN ArchBeat podcast series features three of them, in a frank and wide-ranging conversation about the what, why, and how of upgrading EPM systems.
The topic was suggested by Oracle ACE Director Eric Helmer, an EPM expert and Vice President of Global IT Services at ADI Strategies in Dallas, Texas. For the panelists for this program Eric selected Oracle ACE John Booth (Director of EPM Infrastructure and Integration at the Huron Consulting Group, in Chicago, IL), and Rob Donahue (Director of EPM Infrastructure at Rolta, in Columbus, OH).
The program was recorded on January 14, 2015.
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
- Summary of Oracle EPM 18.104.22.168 New Features | Eric Helmer
- Taking yYour Hyperion Upgrade to the Next Level | John Booth
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast? Submit your topic and panelist suggestions here: Yes, You can take over the OTN ArchBeat Podcast
Monday Apr 28, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 28, 2014
Oracle ACE Director and Pythian CTO Alex Gorbachev is one of dozens of speakers who will participate in the 2014 Great Lakes Oracle Conference (GLOC), May 12-14 in Cleveland, Ohio.
On Monday May 12 Alex will conduct a special workshop, "From Relational to Hadoop – Migrating Your Data Pipeline," from 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm. Then on Wednesday May 14, Alex will present "Benchmarking Oracle I/O Performance with ORION, from 2:15pm - 3:15pm.
In this video interview Alex offers a quick preview of both sessions.
Registration for the Great Lakes Oracle Conference is open. Click here for more information.
Wednesday May 30, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 30, 2012
If you're attending the QCon Conference in NYC, June 18-20, 2012, you'll find several presenters from Oracle among the impressive roster of speakers. Among those sharing their expertise at the New York event:
- Arun Gupta: Java EE & GlassFish Guy, Oracle
Presentation: Java EE 7 and HTML5: Developing for the Cloud
- Brian Oliver: Global Solutions Architect, Oracle
Presentation: The Live Object Pattern
- Cameron Purdy: Vice President of Development, Oracle
Presentation: How the 10 key lessons from Java and C++ history inform the Cloud
- Charlie Hunt: JVM Performance Lead Engineer, Oracle
Presentation: Extreme Performance with Java
Registration for the event is still open. According to the website, registering before June 1 will save you $300. If you snooze, you lose.
Thursday Apr 26, 2012
Thursday Apr 12, 2012
Thursday Apr 05, 2012
Thursday Mar 29, 2012
Thursday Mar 15, 2012
Thursday Mar 08, 2012
- Things to do in the OTN Lounge at OOW15
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Sep 29 - Oct 5, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 25-October 1, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 18-24, 2015
- Video: Four Questions on the Oracle Integration Cloud Service
- Enteprise Architecture Summit at OpenWorld
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 15-21, 2015