Friday Jul 24, 2015
Tuesday Jul 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 07, 2015
Monday Jun 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 29, 2015
What does properly cooked pasta have to do with PaaS, IoT, and User Experience? Ultan O'Broin, Director of Oracle Cloud User Experience in EMEA, throws a few ideas at you in this 2 Minute Tech Tip.[Read More]
Wednesday Jun 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 24, 2015
Gearing up for a PaaS4SaaS project? This 2 Minute Tech Tip from Oracle senior usability engineer Julian Orr describes key steps you can take to insure that you're not just building the thing right, but that you're building the right thing.[Read More]
Tuesday Jun 23, 2015
Tuesday Jun 16, 2015
Tuesday Jun 09, 2015
Wednesday Mar 18, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 18, 2015
Do you believe that most applications will fit in a Paas offering? Making his fourth appearance in a 2 Minute Tech Tip, Oracle director of product development and eCommerce in the Cloud (2014, O'Reilly Media) author Kelly Goetsch devotes his 120 seconds to an explanation of why Oracle changed its mind on that point, and why you should, too.
- Mastering DevOps With Oracle
An extensive presentation by Kelly Goetsch, on which his tech tip is based.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: When Fixing a Problem is a Bad Idea
Kelly's 2 Minute Tech Tip from February 4, 2015.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Middleware as a Service
Kelly's 2 Minute Tech Tip from January 20, 2015.
- Podcast: Cloud on the Street: Evolving Conversations
Kelly was one of the panelists for this conversation.
- Sampler: eCommerce in the Cloud
Excerpts from Kelly's book.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Friday Feb 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2015
Say hello to the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 20-26, 2015.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: "The Visual Face of Hadoop" | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman kicks off a new series with this look at how Big Data Discovery is architected and how it works with Cloudera CDH5.
- Oracle has introduced API Manager! | Maarten Smeets
Certified Oracle SOA / Java / BPM integration specialist Maarten Smeets shares his perspective on the recently released Oracle API Manager.
- Calling All WebLogic Users: Please Help Us Improve WebLogic Documentation! | Reza Rahman
Reza Rahman shares information on a new, 2-page survey you can complete to help improve WebLogic documentation.
- Jumpstarting Development on the Cloud – Part 2: Packaging and Build | Ashish Singh
This article by solution architect Ashish Singh demonstrates how to use the Developer Cloud Service to automate your Maven based development lifecycle, with a focus on how the Maven Repository can be populated with Weblogic or other custom jars, and how the Hudson build jobs and deployments can be configured.
- Extending Your SaaS Applications with PaaS | Debra Lilley
Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley recaps what she learned in a workshop focused on building PaaS extensions using the Rapid Development Kit, a collection of ADF artifacts.
- Jumpstarting Development on the #Cloud – Part 1 : Standardizing a Workflow | Jeevan Joseph
Solution architect Jeevan Joseph's article introduces you to a standardized multi-user workflow for the Oracle Developer Cloud Service. The intent is to showcase a how a team starting on the Service would collaborate on code to address various requirements and use-cases in a typical SDLC model.
- Oracle Weblogic SAML2 Authorization | Luis Rodriguez
CERN's Luis Rodriguez illustrates how to authorize your users in Oracle Weblogic once they have been authenticated.
- 4 New OTN Tech articles on JDeveloper, BPM, ADF
What do Wilfred van der Deijl, Richard Olrichs, Antonis Antoniou, and Ganesh Kamble do when they're not actually working with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM? They write detailed technical articles to help you in your work with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM. Here are four great examples.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
Rohan Walia's article provides an overview of WebCenter Data Presenter and step-by-step instructions for creating data controls and task flows at runtime.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part III: The Critical "How" | Ron Batra
According to Oracle ACE Director and cloud expert Ron Batra, "The How" is where the rubber really meets the road in your cloud transformation strategy. "Things become infinitely more interesting," he says. Read the latest installment in his ongoing series.
Friday Feb 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
Among the 6,452 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the 10 items below where the most popular for the last seven days, February 6-12, 2015.
- Using SQL XMLTable, XMLType, and XPath to Extract HTML CLOB Data | Jesse Stephens
A detailed technical how-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jesse Stephens.
- Oracle PaaS and UX: Keepin' it <af:simple/> with Oracle Alta UI and eProseed | Ultan O'Broin
"The cloud has changed everything, and user experience is no exception," writes Ultan O'Broin in this great recap of the Oracle Applications Cloud User Experience PaaS event held in conjunction with eProseed in the Netherlands. "Make no mistake; it's 'Game Over' for traditional ways of selling software and for people accepting less than compelling user experiences in work. User experience is a competitive must-have, and a capability to deliver a rockin’ UX using PaaS is the partner differentiator."
- Nexus and Atifactory support for proxying Oracle Maven Repository | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson shares the good news for those using their own Maven Repository Manager, as the two major players add support to their products to allow proxying of the Oracle Maven Repository.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Jan 30 -Feb 5, 2015
Last week's list of the Top 10 items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering EJB, Maven, Oracle MAF, REST, WebLogic, and more.
- Submit Your OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Session/Track Ideas | Oracle Community
Use your words! Submit a proposal for a session in an upcoming Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, or respond to a poll to help drive the selection of topics to be covered.
- Invite Enterprise Architecture to the Digital Party | WIRED
"All too often [enterprise architects] get buried in the IT department," says Jason Bloomberg in this Wired article. "Their focus ends up on technology concerns, which are important to be sure, but the connection to the business is tenuous at best."
- Oracle Mobile Development Certification Exam - Beta Testing | Shay Shmeltzer
As reported by Shay Shmeltzer, the Oracle Mobile Development 2015 Essentials Exam (1Z1-441) is now available in beta testing. According to Shay, this certification covers topics such as: Mobile Application Framework, Mobile Application Framework Data Layer, User Interface Development, Device Services Integration, and App Security. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended. Click the link for more information.
- Oracle Maven Repository: Viewing Contents in Eclipse | Steven Button
"With the Oracle Maven Repository now accessible one way to have explore its contents is to use the Maven Repositories viewer feature available in most development tools," says Steve Button. His post focuses on accessing the Repository with Eclipse.
- Middleware Snippets: Cassandra and WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Picking up where he left off in his previous post, Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to use Grinder and Java Mission Control to monitor the JVM in which Cassandra is running.
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are?
What training or certification had the greatest impact on your career as a senior developer or software architect? Click the link to share your story. Your response could help others achieve their career goals.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 17-23, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - july 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Take your talents to Videotown! 2 Minute Tech Tips just got easier.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 2-8, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 30-July 6, 2015
- Top 10 2 Minute Tech Tips for June 2015
- Video: Overview - GrovePi+ Starter Kit | Luc Bors