Friday Feb 12, 2016
Friday Jan 24, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 24, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Photos from the OTN Lounge
A dozen photos of people engaged in various activities in the OTN Lounge at OOW13. I meant to upload them right after OpenWorld, before they wandered into some dark corner of my hard drive, only to be found last week. Better late than never...
- Working with Oracle Security Token Service in an Architecture Involving WebLogic and OSB | Ronaldo Fernandes
Ronaldo Fernandes slaved for hours risking carpal tunnel damage to write this step by step guide to creating a single sign-on between Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Service Bus using Oracle Security Token Service (OSTS) to generate SAML tokens.
- Work for Oracle: Course/Curriculum Developer/Trainer
Work for Oracle! A position is open for a Course/Curriculum Developer/Trainer, to develop customer / partner / internal training for the Fusion Middleware, Java Platform, Database, and Enterprise Management products. Redwood City, CA. Click the link for more information.
- Critical Patch Update for Oracle Fusion Middleware - CPU January 2014 | Daniel Mortimer
Daniel Mortimer shares links and other resources relevant to the Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory for January 2014.
- Using OUD as a WebLogic Authentication Provider | Sylvain Duloutre
Oracle Directory Integration Team software architect Sylvain Duloutre discusses the technical details behind the use of Oracle Unified Directory as an external authentication provider for Oracle WebLogic.
- Your SOA Governance Homework for the Week
Your homework for the week: watch two video interviews with SOA Governance experts, read a book by one of those experts, read an OTN technical article by two other SOA Governance experts, all in preparation for an upcoming OTN ArchBeat Podcast on, that's right, SOA Governance. You'll find links to all of those resources in this blog post.
- OBIEE 184.108.40.206, Cloudera Hadoop & Hive/Impala Part 2: Load Data into Hive Tables, Analyze using Hive
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman continues his series with a post that focuses on using a tool called Hue "to upload some flight delays stats from OBIEE’s SampleApp / Exalytics demos, create Hive tables over those files and then analyse them first using Hive, and then using Cloudera Impala."
- Large enterprises purposely build walls between developers and operators | Joe McKendrick
"DevOps encourages informal, spontaneous and collaborative connections between developers and computer operators," says ZDNet columnist Joe McKendrick. "Everything that large organizations seek to reduce."
- Endeca Information Discovery 3.1 VM Download | Mike Hallett
Want to download Endeca Information Discovery 3.1 as a self-contained VM appliance? Read Mike Hallet's blog post for the details.
- Successful BI Apps Implementation Part 2: BI Apps 7.9.6 | Michael Stanhope
Part 1 of Michael Stanhope's series gave you an introduction to Oracle Business Intelligence Apps and the project lifecycle. In part2 Stanhope takes a deep technical dive into BI Apps 7.9.6.
Thought for the Day
"It's pointless to have a nice clean desk, because it means you're not doing anything."
— Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist
(born January 24, 1947)
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016