By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 17, 2012
- Enterprise Architecture: more than a reconciliation between IT and Business | Luis Moreno Campos
"It’s clear that Enterprise Architecture can’t solve all problems just by standing in the middle and trying to reconcile," says Luis Moreno Campos. "There are limitations within every organization that clearly spread beyond the depth and breath of architecture."
- Using Oracle Fusion Middleware targets with OUAF Based products in OEM 12c | Anthony Shorten
"One of the advantages of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is the ability to manage Oracle WebLogic directly from the console with or without the use of the Oracle WebLogic management packs," says Anthony Shorten. "Obviously customers can manage more with the packs but some basic administration and monitoring capabilities can be used from the basic Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c installation."
- Oracle Musings: Of Wine and Fish | Dominic Delmolino
Dominic Delmolino ponders what happens when data and applications get old. "Really good software and data engineers (and perhaps this should be the responsibility of the software and data architects) constantly assess data and code against current and future use cases," he says. "If they’re smart, they invest in changes which reduce current and probable future technical debt on an ongoing, even agile, basis."
- Article: The Role of the Cloud Architect (OTN ArchBeat Podcast transcript)
Sure podcasts are great. But sometimes you'd rather read than listen. Now, in addition to the latest OTN Architect Podcast on "The Role of the Cloud Architect," you can also get the entire conversation in article form from OTN. Check it out!
- A Cure for Virtual Insanity: A Vendor-Neutral Introduction to Virtualization Without the Hype | Tim Hall
Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall created this article as a companion to the presentation he has been giving on his OTN Tour of South America. He describes it as, "very light and devoid of technical information or vendor-specific bias."
- Tips & Tricks How to Run Oracle BPM 11g PS5 Workspace from a Custom ADF 11g Application | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovoski's post covers "different tips & tricks how to run Task List task flow in workspace mode, " which, he explains, offers more functionality to end users.
- Splitting Fusion Applications Topology from Single to Multiple Host Servers | Jack Desai
Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Jack Desai shares a new technical paper, the purpose of which is to "document how to split Fusion Applications domains to multiple machines when originally provisioned in a single machine. This is different than scaling out or scaling up Fusion Applications environment. This is also not to be confused with moving Fusion Applications from one environment to another."
- IT Architecture Certification; Automation Framework Architecture; Role of the Cloud Architect
This week on the OTN Architect Community homepage: Details on the IT Architecture Certification now available from Oracle University, a new article from Anish Shrivastava on the design and development strategy behind an Automation Framework Architecture for Enterprise Products, and part one of a three part interview with Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra (AT&T) and Dr. James Baty (Oracle) on the Role of the Cloud Architect. Plus events, highlights from community blogs, and more.
Thought for the Day
"The designer of a new kind of system must participate fully in the implementation."