By OTN ArchBeat on Nov 15, 2011
- Java Magazine - November/December 2011 - by and for the Java Community
Java Magazine is an essential source of knowledge about Java technology, the Java programming language, and Java-based applications for people who rely on them in their professional careers, or who aspire to.
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: November 14-17 | Kellsey Ruppel
"Oracle is proud to be a Gold sponsor of the Enterprise 2.0 West Conference, November 14-17, 2011 in Santa Clara, CA. You will see the latest collaboration tools and technologies, and learn from thought leaders in Enterprise 2.0's comprehensive conference."
- The Return of Oracle Wikis: Bigger and Better | @oracletechnet
The Oracle Wikis are back - this time, with Oracle SSO on top and powered by Atlassian's Confluence technology. These wikis offer quite a bit more functionality than the old platform.
- Cloud Migration Lifecycle | Tom Laszewski
Laszewski breaks down the four steps in the Set Up Phase of the Cloud Migration lifecycle.
- Architecture all day. Oracle Technology Network Architect Day - Phoenix, AZ - Dec14
Spend the day with your peers learning from Oracle experts in engineered systems, cloud computing, Oracle Coherence, Oracle WebLogic, and more. Registration is free, but seating is limited.
- SOA all the Time; Architects in AZ; Clearing Info Integration Hurdles
This week on the Architect Home Page on OTN.
- Live Webcast: New Innovations in Oracle Linux
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 Time: 9:00 AM PT / Noon ET Speakers: Chris Mason, Elena Zannoni.
- People in glass futures should throw stones | Nicholas Carr
"Remember that Microsoft video on our glassy future? Or that one from Corning? Or that one from Toyota?" asks Carr. "What they all suggest, and assume, is that our rich natural 'interface' with the world will steadily wither away as we become more reliant on software mediation."
- Integration of SABSA Security Architecture Approaches with TOGAF ADM | Jeevak Kasarkod
Jeevak Kasarkod's overview of a new paper from the OpenGroup and the SABSA institute "which delves into the incorporatation of risk management and security architecture approaches into a well established enterprise architecture methodology - TOGAF."
- Cloud Computing at the Tactical Edge | Grace Lewis - SEI
Lewis describes the SEI's work with Cloudlets, " lightweight servers running one or more virtual machines (VMs), [that] allow soldiers in the field to offload resource-consumptive and battery-draining computations from their handheld devices to nearby cloudlets."
- Simplicity Is Good | James Morle
"When designing cluster and storage networking for database platforms, keep the architecture simple and avoid the complexities of multi-tier topologies," says Morle. "Complexity is the enemy of availability."
- Mainframe as the cloud? Tom Laszewski
There's nothing new about using the mainframe in the cloud, says Laszewski.
- Let Devoxx 2011 begin! | The Aquarium
The Aquarium marks the kick-off of Devoxx 2011 with "a quick rundown of the Java EE and GlassFish side of things."