By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 30, 2012
The Top 10 items shared via my social networks for the week of July 22-28, 2012.
- Automation of Weblogic 11g Maven Plugin installation | Dmitry Nefedkin
After repeating the process of manually installing the Oracle Weblogic Plugin for Apache Maven once too often, Dmitry Nefedkin had enough and automated the process. Get the how-to info in this blog post.
- Refreshing ADF Page Template from ADF Fragment Template | Andrejus Baranovskis
Another detailed technical how-to post from Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis.
- Now available: NetBeans 7.2 - Better, Faster, always Free
Offering the fastest support for the latest Java standards, this new release offers faster startup times, new background scanning, native FindBugs integration, improved support for JavaFX, Groovy, PHP, C++ and much more!
- Running Oracle VM Templates on Oracle Enterprise Linux guide (Part 1 of 7) | Wijnand Gritter
The first installment Wijnand Gritter's seven-part "step by step detailed guide" to installing Oracle VM Templates on Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- Former JD Edwards employee still loves Oracle products
The latest chapter in SearchOracle.com's "Girl in an Oracle World" series offers a profile of Jennifer Barton, vice president of IT at Westmoreland Coal, who believes that technology, "isn't a gender thing."
- Thomas Erl on SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology - Part 1
SOA guru Thomas Erl talks about this year's SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology Symposium, which gets underway in London on Sept 25. Erl is joined in this conversation by Tim Hall and Demed L'Her, two Oracle product managers who are presenting at the Symposium. In part one of this four-part series, Erl, Hall, and L'Her talk about what set's this year's event apart.
- Storing SCA Metadata in the Oracle Metadata Services Repository
Nicolás Fonnegra Martinez and Markus Lohn explain the advantages of using the Oracle Metadata Services Repository for central metadata storage in this new OTN technical article intended for software developers and software architects who implement and design Service Component Architecture (SCA) composites.
- Simple Custom JMX MBeans with WebLogic 12c and Spring | Frank Munz
"Using the Spring framework bundled with WebLogic 12, the programming of JMX MBeans becomes as easy as writing a simple POJO within a web application," says author and 2011 Oracle Technologist of the Year Frank Munz. His blog post includes three informative videos that illustrate the process.
- Highly Available Infrastructure for Cloud Computing – A Guest Keynote at Oracle Architect Day by Kai Yu
"High Availability Infrastructure of Cloud Computing," Oracle ACE Director Kai Yu's keynote presentation from OTN Architect Day in Reston, VA on May 16, 2012, is now available on the Dell Tech Center Blog. This is a video version of Kai's presentation, and includes his narration.
- Catching Up to Mobile Computing
In this article from Oracle Magazine, OTN architect community members Karina Ishkhanova, Mike van Alst, and Oracle ACE Directors Ronald van Luttikhuizen and Lucas Jellema share their thoughts on the challenges mobile computing poses for solution architects. Also check out these video comments from Ronald and from Oracle enterprise architect Anbu Krishnaswami.
Thought for the Day
"Cool is a detail, useful is a quality."