Tuesday Jul 14, 2015
Tuesday May 12, 2015
Friday May 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 08, 2015
Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 28, 2015
Friday Apr 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 24, 2015
Tuesday Mar 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 24, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brunoborges: Call for Papers for LA OTN Tour 2015 is open! via @rene_ace // let's push more Java and Middleware
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- #Microservices and #SOA: Insight from @ewolff @lonnekedikmans @sbernhardt @t_winterberg @oraclemagazine
Mar 23, 2015 at 07:25 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- Video: Passing #Essbase Security to #OBIEE, by @gschwartzberg1 #2MTT
Mar 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM
- RT @lucasjellema: Recently I published my 3rd blog article on @docker - describing how to create an image with Oracle DB 22.214.171.124 EE
Mar 23, 2015 at 01:22 PM
- RT @sfonplsql: My second Two Minute Tip for @OTNArchBeat is inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:34 AM
- #OracleMAF 2.1: #Mobile Front End for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part I, by @LucB_
Mar 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM
- One of the top user group events in the midwest: @NEOUG Great Lakes Oracle Conference May 19-20 #CLE
Mar 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Upgrading to #SOA12c; details of the next @UKOUG Middleware SIG, by @Simon_Haslam
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM
- Quick Installation with Oracle #SOA12c, by Heba Fouad
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Tuesday Mar 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 03, 2015
The Top 10 most-retweeted tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, February 24-March 2, 2015.
- Free #OTNVTS Feb 25. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson Feb 24, 2015 at 03:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware lab: Data Replication to #Hadoop using #GoldenGate12c Adaptors. TODAY. 9:30am GMT
Feb 25, 2015 at 03:30 AM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Feb 25, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- RT @CameronLackpour: Just posted latest #Essbase book: Developing Essbase Applications: Hybrid Techniques and Practices #developingessbase #orclepm #OBIEE
Mar 2, 2015 at 12:31 PM
- Podcast: @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg talk Adaptive Case Mgmt
Feb 25, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: Having fun testing performance of SOAP, REST-XML, and REST-JSON calls in Oracle MAF. Incredible differences! Blog post …
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:52 PM
- RT @OracleDI: Proudly announcing Oracle #GoldenGate for #BigData. Join us on 5th March to learn more.
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:55 AM
- Free #OTNVTS March 4. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson #oracleace
Feb 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- March 4. #OTNVTS. Middleware track. 6 experts. 6 Sessions. All free.
Mar 1, 2015 at 08:00 PM
- Oracle #BPM12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1, by @AntoniouAntonis http://t.co/D486JIdIjJ
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:40 AM
Friday Feb 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
The data determines that these are the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the last seven days, January 30 - February 5, 2015.
- Best Jobs in America: Software Architect is #1
"Software Architect" once again tops the CNN/Money list of "top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work," beating out "Video Game Designer."
- Getting Started with iOS Development using Eclipse and Java | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Schmeltzer's step-by-step video demo shows you how to use Eclipse to build an on-device mobile application that runs on iOS devices.
- Using the WebLogic Embedded EJB Container | Steve Button
The WebLogic Server 12.1.3 EJB Developers Guide was recently updated to note that the embedded EJB container can be used by adding a reference to weblogic.jar to the CLASSPATH when the EJB client is being executed. Steve Button's short how-to will help you get started.
- WebLogic Maven Plugin - Simplest Example | Steve Button
Steve Button's post is a response to several recent questions about how to configure the WebLogic Maven Plug-in.
- Oracle Mobile Suite - Web Service Performance Optimisation with Result Caching | Andrejus Baranovskis
According to Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovkis, one of the primary advantages of Oracle Mobile Suite is Service Bus and SOAP/REST web service transformation. "You will get very nice performance improvement," He shows you how it all works in this technical post.
- Trends in Cloud Computing: The Rise of SaaS and PaaS | Debra Lilley
"I predict that, in 2015 and beyond, PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way," says Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley in this article from Profit Magazine
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1 - Now Available | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version focuses on upgrading the framework's infrastructure and includes support for Java 8, Cordova 3, Xcode 6, and Android 5. Click the link for more information.
- MAF 2.1 - Debugger Improvements and Mobile REST Client | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares solutions to some problems he recently encountered while implementing and mapping a programmatic MAF client for a REST service.
- EM12c: How to Retrieve Passwords from the Named Credentials | Gokhan Atil
Oracle ACE Gokhan Atil's detailed post shows you how to keep digging to retrieve encrypted information saved in named credentials.
- Video: WLST Script Profiles | Peter Bowers
In this new how-to technical video from the Oracle WebLogic YouTube Channel, Peter Bowers, a key developer on the WebLogic team, talks about the WLST script profile feature, and offers some cool sample code and a demo.
Friday Jan 23, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 23, 2015
Here it is! Among the 6,417 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following items were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, January 16-22, 2015.
- 3 Middleware Expert Sessions on Integration and Open Source
Oracle experts Brian Oliver (Architect, Oracle Coherence team), Mikael Fries (Director of Product Management for Oracle Application Testing Solutions) and Mark Nelson (Architect, Oracle Platform Engineering) will each present sessions on Integration and Open Source, part of the Middleware track in the free Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, February 11, 2015. Register now!
- Loading Data in Oracle Database Cloud Service | Arvind Srinivasamoorthy
The Oracle Database Cloud Service (DbCS) does not provide a JDBC interface for external applications and tools (such as SQL developer) to work directly with data in DbCS. However, there are multiple options available bringing data into DbCS. This article by A-Team solution architect Arvind Srinivasamoorthy discusses these options in the context of loading data.
- Reading MAF iOS Simulator Logging Output | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shows you how to locate and open the application.log file so you can read Oracle Mobile Application Framework logging output from the iOS simulator.
- SOA and BPM 12.1.3 BP1 Released | Mark Nelson
Here's a brief post from RedStack blogger Mark Nelson with information on the release of the Oracle SOA and BPM 12.1.3 Bundle Patch 1 (BP1).
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: New Enterprise Manager Release Delivers Adaptive Private PaaS | Yoav Eilat
Yoav Eilat's post looks at three areas where database and middleware users and managers will benefit from Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c's expanded capabilities around Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivery in private clouds.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Jan 9-15, 2015
The January 16 edition of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Friday Top 10 list included links to articles covering Authentication, Business Intelligence, eCommerce, Endeca, GoldenGate 12c, Maven, WebLogic, and more. Catch up on what you might have missed!
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Open Source and Integration Agenda
The Middleware track in the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February is itself split into two sub-tracks. This post from the OTN ArchBeat Blog presents the agenda for the sessions in the Open Source and Integration sub-track, which features sessions covering WebLogic, Coherence, Maven, Java EE, and more.
- OTN VTS Middleware Track Session Resources
If you plan to participate in the middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Feb 11, you'll want to take a look at this list of supplemental resources. Included in the list are guides for the hands-on labs for the Oracle Maven Repository,
- Inside Fusion Middleware 12c: Increasing Scalability with JMS Adapter 12c | Stefan Koser
This article by A-Team solution architect Stefan Koser illustrates how the JMS Adapter in the new Fusion Middleware 12c release can be configured in high throughput scenarios to use fewer threads than in previous versions.
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Data Integration and Analytics
One of two sub-tracks in the Middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February, Data Integration and Analytics features sessions by Oracle ACE Directors Mark Rittman and Stewart Bryson, and Oracle ACE Michael Rainey. The sessions will cover, ODI, GoldenGate, Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager, Hadoop, and more. Get the complete agenda in this post on the OTN ArchBeat blog.
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016