Friday Jan 22, 2016
Friday Nov 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 20, 2015
Friday Oct 23, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 23, 2015
Tuesday Aug 18, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 18, 2015
Friday Jun 12, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 12, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Tuesday Nov 18, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 18, 2014
You may ask yourself, "What were the Top 10 most popular tweets among the 3,314 followers of @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days?" Or you may not. I'm not a mind-reader. But if you do ask yourself that question, you'll find the the answer below.
- ODTUG Mobile Day Reston, VA Dec 2. Presos by @miaurman @ERoske @sspendol @Kevin_McGinley, others
Nov 11, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI Talk-a-Thon with @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 11, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @sfonplsql: My first Two Minute #plsql Tech Tip for @OTNArchBeat. Banish spaghetti code with nested subprograms.
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
- Securing Mobile Apps and Data in a BYOD World, by @1ndus > Part of FREE OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM;
- A better way to do virtualization? Getting to know #Docker, by @markxnelson @biemond @joelith
Nov 17, 2014 at 02:14 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:01 PM
- Managing WebLogic Server and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups | Martin Heinzl
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- 4-Part Tech Article Series: Oracle Identity Management in the Enterprise #oim #security
Nov 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM
- Don't Rewrite! Reuse! Architecture for Mobile Enablement, by @jeffmdavies > Part of FREE OTN Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
Tuesday Sep 16, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 16, 2014
The guy in the photo is not one of the 3,122 people following @OTNArchBeat on Twitter, which may explain his unfortunate job situation. But among those 3,122 people, the following tweets, featuring content from across the community, were the Top 10 for the last seven days, September 9-15, 2014.
- Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML 5 | @LucasJellema #angularjs
Sep 15, 2014 at 08:41 AM
- Why Join the #JavaOne #GlassFish Community Events? | @Reza_Rahman
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM
- Using Oracle #GoldenGate for Trickle-Feeding #RDBMS Transactions into #Hive and #HDFS | @MarkRittman.
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip by @LucasJellema on #Vagrant #Puppet #Docker and #Packer
Sep 11, 2014 at 09:48 AM
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise #Mobile Apps w/ @lucb_ @stevendavelaar @chriscmuir @fnimphiu
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM
- "The question is no longer whether to migrate to #HTML5, but when," says Alan Arthur Katz @TSS_dotcom
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM
- Analyzing Twitter Data using #Datasift, #MongoDB, #Hive and #ODI12c | @MarkRittman.
Sep 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM
- #SOA12c: Creating SOA Project Templates for Reusing SOA Composite Designs | Joe Greenwald
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM
- RT @debralilley: Over 110 signed up for our 12 short talks on 12c EMEA session at #OOW14, #eouc #ukoug
Sep 10, 2014 at 04:42 PM
- #OIM : Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Sep 15, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Friday Aug 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 22, 2014
As hot as molten rock? Not quite. But among the 5,313 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page these Top 10 items were the hottest over the past seven days, August 15-21, 2014.
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways (Part 1 of 5): Exclusive Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou begins a five-part series with a look at In the gateway control flow components in Oracle BPM and how they can be used to process flow.
- Slicing the EDG: Different SOA Domain Configurations | Antony Reynolda
Antony Reynolds introduces three different configurations for a SOA environment and identifies some of the advantages for each.
- How to introduce DevOps into a moribund corporate culture | ZDNet
Confused about DevOPs? This post from ZDNet's Joe McKendrick -- which includes insight from Phil Whelan -- just might clear some of the fog.
- Oracle Identity Manager Role Management With API | Mustafa Kaya
Mustafa Kaya shares some examples of role management using the Oracle Identity Management API.
- Podcast: Redefining Information Management Architecture
Oracle Enterprise Architect Andrew Bond joins Oracle ACE Directors Mark Rittman and Stewart Bryson for a conversation about their collaboration on a new Oracle Information Management Reference Architecture.
- WebCenter Sites Demo Integration with Endeca Guided Search | Micheal Sullivan
A-Team solution architect Michael Sullivan shares the details on a demo that illustrates the viability of integrating WebCenter Sites with Oracle Endeca.
- Wearables in the world of enterprise applications? Yep.
Oh yeah, wearables are a THING. Here's a look at how the Oracle Applications User Experience team has been researching wearables for inclusion in your future enterprise applications.
- Getting Started With The Coherence Memcached Adaptor | David Felcey
Let David Felcey show you how to configure the Coherence Memcached Adaptor, and take advantage of his simple PHP example that demonstrates how Memecached clients can connect to a Coherence cluster.
- OTN Architect Community Newsletter - August Edition
A month's worth of hot stuff, all in one spot. Featuring articles on Java, Coherence, WebLogic, Mobile and much more.
- 8,853 Conversations About Oracle WebLogic
Do you have a question about WebLogic? Do you have an answer to a question about WebLogic? You need to be here.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 2-8, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 1-7, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - Jan 29 - Feb 4, 2016.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Jan 26 - Feb 1, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - January 25-31, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - January 22-28, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - January 19-25, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - January 17-24, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - January 15-21, 2016
- Earning Career Cred through Community Participation