Friday May 08, 2015
Tuesday Sep 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 09, 2014
Chickens don't tweet. They cluck. That's why there are no chickens among the 3,103 tweeters following @OTNArchBeat. Among that chicken-free group of tweeters, the following ten tweets ruled the roost over the last seven days, September 2-8, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Responsive #WebCenter Portals | @JayJayZheng
Sep 2, 2014 at 08:31 AM
- Podcast: 5x12 on 12c - User Forum Mini-Sessions at OOW14 @DebraLilley @JLOracle @kashifmanzoor
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- One-Way Authentication Policies in #OSB | Jesse Stephens
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:11 PM
- Top 5 Oracle Mobile Application Foundation (MAF) Videos #oraclemaf #oepe #jdeveloper
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
- RT @oracleace: hot off the press... the Oracle ACE program video
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:52 PM
- Video: Thomas Kurian and members of the #oracleace program explain what it is and why it matters. Good stuff!
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:57 PM
- Context in #UX - What It Is, What It Isn't, and Why It's Important >> When is a bat not a bat?
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
- End-To-End #ADF #Cloud Deployment Process | @AndrejusB
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:32 PM
- Ignore #UX at your peril, advises #oracleace @FTeter
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:35 AM
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (#SoapUi #SSL) | Jani Rautiainen @fadevrel
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Wednesday Aug 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 13, 2014
Among the 91 videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel, the following Top 10 were the most-viewed for the past 30 days.
- Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with a couple of key points to keep in your own memory.
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development | Frank Nimphius
- OBIEE, ODI, adn GoldenGate at Kscope 2014 | Stewart Bryson
Oracle ACE Director Stewart Bryson talks about Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Data Integrator, and Oracle GoldenGate, and some of the issues he covered in his presentations at ODTUG KScope 2014.
- Improve Your Oracle ADF App Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent | Frank Houweling
Frank Houweling, senior Java, Oracle ADF, and SOA specialist at AMIS Technologies, discusses how you can optimize the performance of your Oracle ADF Fusion application, diagnose and solve typical performance problems, and build an efficient, responsive, scalable ADF application that circumvents common bad practices.
- Debugging and Logging for Oracle ADF Applications | Chris Muir
Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir explores the sophisticated debugging tooling in JDeveloper.
- Oracle ADF for Oracle Forms and PL/SQL Developers - Why it's the Right Choice | Grant Ronald
Grant Ronald discuses the techniques that make developers more productive when building enterprise applications and how Oracle ADF implements special features that make Java-based development fast and simple with a visual and declarative development experience.
- Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations ODTUG KScope 2014 presentations.
- Top Ten Secrets of Successful Oracle Application Development Framework Projects | Sten Vesterli
Oracle ACE Director and ADF expert Sten Vesterli teaches you all the things you need to know to make your enterprise ADF project a success.
- Oracle Data Integrator: From Istanbul to Panama | Gurcan Orhan
Oracle ACE Director Gurcan Orhan, one of several Oracle ACEs taking part in the 2014 OTN Latin America Tour, talks about the Oracle Data Integrator sessions he will present as part of that tour and about the air miles he'll be racking up.
- Oracle ADF Development in Eclipse | Shaun O'Brien
Shaun O'Brien shows how you can develop better applications faster with Oracle ADF integrating JPA, EJBs, Web services, POJOs, JSF and OEPE's support for ADF Faces, Task Flows, Data Controls and Bindings - all with deep AppXRay analysis for code insight, refactoring, validation, and dependency visualization across the layers of an ADF application.
Tuesday Mar 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 04, 2014
The Top 10 most popular tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days (February 25- March 3, 2014).
- RT @java: Compete in the #IoT #java #challenge. Win a #JavaOne 2014 trip.
Mar 03, 2014 at 02:17 PM
- Consuming Async #SOA in a WebService Proxy | Anagha Desai #adf
Feb 28, 2014 at 09:43 AM
- SOA's People Problem - Insight from @lonnekedikmans @Luisw19 @dschmied #oracleace
Mar 03, 2014 at 01:06 PM
- Top 5 OTN architect community articles for Feb 2014 #obiee #esb #oem12c #weblogic #odi
Mar 03, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- How to enable automatic startup recovery in Oracle #BPM 11g | @JvZoggel
Feb 28, 2014 at 09:18 AM
- White Paper: Message Sequencing using Oracle Mediator Resequencer #soa #weblogic #bpel
Feb 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for #Eclipse at #EclipseCon 2014 | Carlos Chang #oepe
Feb 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM
- #ACM: organizing the chaos...through adaptive case management | @LucasJellema
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
- #Java Application Development Lifecycle in the #Cloud | Greg Stachnick #hudson @eclipsecon
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- RT @myfear: "Developing Java EE applications with #Maven and #WebLogic 12c" > basic intro
Feb 25, 2014 at 09:43 AM
Thought for the Day
"Most men, when they think they are thinking, are merely rearranging their prejudices."
— Knute Rockne, American football player and coach
(March 4, 1888 – March 31, 1931)
Friday Feb 28, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 28, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of February 21-27, 2014.
- Simplifying Enterprise Mobile Integration | Mala Ramakrishnan
"There are two ways to developing an enterprise mobile strategy with SOA -- controlling the end-to-end integration experience from the enterprise to the hand held, or exposing enterprise assets through APIs for third parties to build out mobile solutions," says Mala Ramakrishnan. This post kicks off a three-part series that looks at the role Oracle SOA Suite can play in Mobile Service Enablement and API Management.
- Why use Groovy with WebCenter Sites? | Michael Sullivan
"Leveraging a Groovy element gives the developer all the advantages of cleanly packaging business logic in a JAVA syntax scripting language while maintaining the ability to publish and reload code changes dynamically," says solution architect Micheal Sullivan. Read his detailed post to learn how.
- Podcast: Stop Worrying and Learn to Love Disruptive Tech - Part 1
In part one of this three-part program, Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra, Basheer Khan, and Floyd Teter discuss the importance of understanding the difference between technologies that disrupt and technologies that sustain innovation, and acting on that knowledge.
- EclipseCon Session: Developing On-Device Java Mobile Apps for iOS ... and Android too | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Shmeltzer's EclipseCon session (Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 13:30 to 14:05) will show you how you can leverage your Java development skills to build mobile applications that install and run on both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
- Java 8 Day at EclipseCon 2014 - March 18
Java 8 makes its debut in March 2014. In celebration of the event, the Eclipse Foundation and Oracle are hosting a Java 8 Day at EclipseCon 2014 on Tuesday March 18 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel San Francisco Airport. Scheduled speakers include Oracle Java Platform Group VP George Saab, Java language spec lead Alex Buckley, and Eclipse JDT committer Stephan Hermann. Click the link for additional details.
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse at EclipseCon 2014 | Carlos Chang
Heading to EclipseCon 2014? Carlos Chang's post includes information on two sessions covering the Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse: "Developing On-Device Java Mobile Apps...and Android too!" and "Java Application Development Lifecycle in the Cloud." Click the link for the details on these sessions.
- The Long Tail of Application Usage | Sten Vesterli
"If you are re-developing your application, for example moving from Oracle Forms to ADF, focus on the head – the 10% of the application that is used 90% of the time," says Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite on Oracle Data Appliance | Lonneke Dikmans
SOA in a box? You bet! In this OTN ArchBeat Video Oracle ACE Director Lonneke Dikmans talks about running Oracle SOA Suite on Oracle Database Appliance.
- WebCenter Sites Cluster deployment with a single war | Dolf Dijkstra
"The default installation method for WebCenter Sites in deployments with a large number of cluster nodes is far from ideal," says Dolf Dijkstra. His article presents a workaround that uses one WAR file and one installation folder per cluster.
- Top 10 solution documents for Weblogic Server J2EE by the support team | Jurgen Kress
Jurgen Kress shares "the top 10 documents that are linked to SRs as solutions, for Weblogic Server J2EE issues, during the last quarter."
Thought for the Day
"You've got to bumble forward into the unknown."
— Frank Gehry, architect
(born February 28, 1929)
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 24-30, 2015
- Video: When to Use GoldenGate 11g With BI Applications 11g | Michael Rainey
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 21-27, 2015