Friday May 08, 2015
Tuesday Sep 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 09, 2014
Chickens don't tweet. They cluck. That's why there are no chickens among the 3,103 tweeters following @OTNArchBeat. Among that chicken-free group of tweeters, the following ten tweets ruled the roost over the last seven days, September 2-8, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Responsive #WebCenter Portals | @JayJayZheng
Sep 2, 2014 at 08:31 AM
- Podcast: 5x12 on 12c - User Forum Mini-Sessions at OOW14 @DebraLilley @JLOracle @kashifmanzoor
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- One-Way Authentication Policies in #OSB | Jesse Stephens
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:11 PM
- Top 5 Oracle Mobile Application Foundation (MAF) Videos #oraclemaf #oepe #jdeveloper
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
- RT @oracleace: hot off the press... the Oracle ACE program video
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:52 PM
- Video: Thomas Kurian and members of the #oracleace program explain what it is and why it matters. Good stuff!
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:57 PM
- Context in #UX - What It Is, What It Isn't, and Why It's Important >> When is a bat not a bat?
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
- End-To-End #ADF #Cloud Deployment Process | @AndrejusB
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:32 PM
- Ignore #UX at your peril, advises #oracleace @FTeter
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:35 AM
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (#SoapUi #SSL) | Jani Rautiainen @fadevrel
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Wednesday Aug 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 13, 2014
Among the 91 videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel, the following Top 10 were the most-viewed for the past 30 days.
- Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with a couple of key points to keep in your own memory.
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development | Frank Nimphius
- OBIEE, ODI, adn GoldenGate at Kscope 2014 | Stewart Bryson
Oracle ACE Director Stewart Bryson talks about Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Data Integrator, and Oracle GoldenGate, and some of the issues he covered in his presentations at ODTUG KScope 2014.
- Improve Your Oracle ADF App Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent | Frank Houweling
Frank Houweling, senior Java, Oracle ADF, and SOA specialist at AMIS Technologies, discusses how you can optimize the performance of your Oracle ADF Fusion application, diagnose and solve typical performance problems, and build an efficient, responsive, scalable ADF application that circumvents common bad practices.
- Debugging and Logging for Oracle ADF Applications | Chris Muir
Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir explores the sophisticated debugging tooling in JDeveloper.
- Oracle ADF for Oracle Forms and PL/SQL Developers - Why it's the Right Choice | Grant Ronald
Grant Ronald discuses the techniques that make developers more productive when building enterprise applications and how Oracle ADF implements special features that make Java-based development fast and simple with a visual and declarative development experience.
- Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations ODTUG KScope 2014 presentations.
- Top Ten Secrets of Successful Oracle Application Development Framework Projects | Sten Vesterli
Oracle ACE Director and ADF expert Sten Vesterli teaches you all the things you need to know to make your enterprise ADF project a success.
- Oracle Data Integrator: From Istanbul to Panama | Gurcan Orhan
Oracle ACE Director Gurcan Orhan, one of several Oracle ACEs taking part in the 2014 OTN Latin America Tour, talks about the Oracle Data Integrator sessions he will present as part of that tour and about the air miles he'll be racking up.
- Oracle ADF Development in Eclipse | Shaun O'Brien
Shaun O'Brien shows how you can develop better applications faster with Oracle ADF integrating JPA, EJBs, Web services, POJOs, JSF and OEPE's support for ADF Faces, Task Flows, Data Controls and Bindings - all with deep AppXRay analysis for code insight, refactoring, validation, and dependency visualization across the layers of an ADF application.
Tuesday Mar 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 04, 2014
The Top 10 most popular tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days (February 25- March 3, 2014).
- RT @java: Compete in the #IoT #java #challenge. Win a #JavaOne 2014 trip.
Mar 03, 2014 at 02:17 PM
- Consuming Async #SOA in a WebService Proxy | Anagha Desai #adf
Feb 28, 2014 at 09:43 AM
- SOA's People Problem - Insight from @lonnekedikmans @Luisw19 @dschmied #oracleace
Mar 03, 2014 at 01:06 PM
- Top 5 OTN architect community articles for Feb 2014 #obiee #esb #oem12c #weblogic #odi
Mar 03, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- How to enable automatic startup recovery in Oracle #BPM 11g | @JvZoggel
Feb 28, 2014 at 09:18 AM
- White Paper: Message Sequencing using Oracle Mediator Resequencer #soa #weblogic #bpel
Feb 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for #Eclipse at #EclipseCon 2014 | Carlos Chang #oepe
Feb 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM
- #ACM: organizing the chaos...through adaptive case management | @LucasJellema
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
- #Java Application Development Lifecycle in the #Cloud | Greg Stachnick #hudson @eclipsecon
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- RT @myfear: "Developing Java EE applications with #Maven and #WebLogic 12c" > basic intro
Feb 25, 2014 at 09:43 AM
Thought for the Day
"Most men, when they think they are thinking, are merely rearranging their prejudices."
— Knute Rockne, American football player and coach
(March 4, 1888 – March 31, 1931)
Friday Feb 28, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 28, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of February 21-27, 2014.
- Simplifying Enterprise Mobile Integration | Mala Ramakrishnan
"There are two ways to developing an enterprise mobile strategy with SOA -- controlling the end-to-end integration experience from the enterprise to the hand held, or exposing enterprise assets through APIs for third parties to build out mobile solutions," says Mala Ramakrishnan. This post kicks off a three-part series that looks at the role Oracle SOA Suite can play in Mobile Service Enablement and API Management.
- Why use Groovy with WebCenter Sites? | Michael Sullivan
"Leveraging a Groovy element gives the developer all the advantages of cleanly packaging business logic in a JAVA syntax scripting language while maintaining the ability to publish and reload code changes dynamically," says solution architect Micheal Sullivan. Read his detailed post to learn how.
- Podcast: Stop Worrying and Learn to Love Disruptive Tech - Part 1
In part one of this three-part program, Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra, Basheer Khan, and Floyd Teter discuss the importance of understanding the difference between technologies that disrupt and technologies that sustain innovation, and acting on that knowledge.
- EclipseCon Session: Developing On-Device Java Mobile Apps for iOS ... and Android too | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Shmeltzer's EclipseCon session (Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 13:30 to 14:05) will show you how you can leverage your Java development skills to build mobile applications that install and run on both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
- Java 8 Day at EclipseCon 2014 - March 18
Java 8 makes its debut in March 2014. In celebration of the event, the Eclipse Foundation and Oracle are hosting a Java 8 Day at EclipseCon 2014 on Tuesday March 18 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel San Francisco Airport. Scheduled speakers include Oracle Java Platform Group VP George Saab, Java language spec lead Alex Buckley, and Eclipse JDT committer Stephan Hermann. Click the link for additional details.
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse at EclipseCon 2014 | Carlos Chang
Heading to EclipseCon 2014? Carlos Chang's post includes information on two sessions covering the Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse: "Developing On-Device Java Mobile Apps...and Android too!" and "Java Application Development Lifecycle in the Cloud." Click the link for the details on these sessions.
- The Long Tail of Application Usage | Sten Vesterli
"If you are re-developing your application, for example moving from Oracle Forms to ADF, focus on the head – the 10% of the application that is used 90% of the time," says Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite on Oracle Data Appliance | Lonneke Dikmans
SOA in a box? You bet! In this OTN ArchBeat Video Oracle ACE Director Lonneke Dikmans talks about running Oracle SOA Suite on Oracle Database Appliance.
- WebCenter Sites Cluster deployment with a single war | Dolf Dijkstra
"The default installation method for WebCenter Sites in deployments with a large number of cluster nodes is far from ideal," says Dolf Dijkstra. His article presents a workaround that uses one WAR file and one installation folder per cluster.
- Top 10 solution documents for Weblogic Server J2EE by the support team | Jurgen Kress
Jurgen Kress shares "the top 10 documents that are linked to SRs as solutions, for Weblogic Server J2EE issues, during the last quarter."
Thought for the Day
"You've got to bumble forward into the unknown."
— Frank Gehry, architect
(born February 28, 1929)
Friday Feb 14, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 14, 2014
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (February 7-13, 2014).
- Podcast: Taking Charge: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges - Part 3
In part 3 of this 4-part podcast SOA Governance experts Mark Dutra, Manuel Rosa, Andre Sampaio, and Luis Weir discuss the most common SOA Governance mistakes and why organizations make them. Listen!
- Creating a Foundation for Cloud Applications using Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Coherence
This free online developer conference includes 6 sessions in two tracks, including a special Developer Preview of Oracle WebLogic 12.1.3. Then roll up your sleeves for a guided hands-on coding session. February 20, 2014. 9am - 1pm PT / 12pm - 4pm ET / 3pm - 7pm BRST. Click the link for session details and registration info. Register Now!
- LOV (List of Values) using EJBs | Antonis Antoniou
This post by solution architect Antonis Antoniou demonstrates "how to use EJBs to build your business services and how to build a simple form with a list-of-value component (using the selectOneChoice component). "
- "Services designed and developed by monkeys..."
David Linthicum pulls no punches in his recent post about how those who lack a thorough understanding of SOA will never truly capitalize on Cloud.
- Websocket support in Oracle Traffic Director | Donald Forbes
Donald Forbes looks at "what is involved to setup an architecture with a browser accessing a web application running websockets on WebLogic and proxied/load balanced through OTD."
- Using soapUI for secure, asynchronous web service invocations in Fusion Applications | Gerhard Dras
Fusion Applications expose a variety of web services for querying, creating and updating of business objects. This detailed post from A-Team solution architect Gerhard Drasch shows you how leverage those services asynchronously.
- Some Tips for Configuring Endeca for Optimal Production Performance with ATG | Mark Scarton
Want to ensure optimum performance from your production Oracle Commerce Endeca environment? Read this post by A-Team solution architect Mark Scarton for some hot tips.
- Video: Getting Started for ADF Essentials with OEPE and GlassFish | Frederic Desbiens
In this video Frederic Desbiens takes you through an introduction to using ADF Essentials to develop and deploy ADF applications with OEPE and GlassFish.
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | René van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Fusion Middleware specialist René van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Top 5 ArchBeat Community Videos - Last 30 days (Jan 11, 2014 – Feb 9, 2014)
The latest list of Top 5 videos from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel is dominated by how-to videos from the Oracle Technology Network Virtual Developer Day event "Oracle ADF Development: Web, Mobile and Beyond."
Thought for the Day
"My wife Mary and I have been married for forty-seven years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never."
— Jack Benny, comedian, actor
(February 14, 1894 – December 26, 1974)
Friday Jan 03, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 03, 2014
In 2013 the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page gained 3,556 new fans (the total stands at 4,761). From January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 there were 1,255 items posted on that page, most of them links to content created by community members. The list below represents the Top 10 most popular of those posts for 2013.
- Photos: Oracle WebLogic Hackathon at UKOUG Tech 13
A selection of photos taken during the Oracle WebLogic Hackathon conducted on December 1, 2013 as part of Super Sunday at UKOUG Tech 13 in Manchester, UK. (Posted December 3, 2013)
- Enterprise Grade Deployment Considerations for Oracle Identity Manager AD Connector | Firdaus Fraz
Oracle Fusion Middleware solution architect Firdaus Fraz illustrates provides best practice recommendations for setting up an enterprise deployment environment for the OIM connector for Microsoft Active Directory. (Posted October 25, 2013)
- Integrating Oracle eBS Responsibility Profiles and Oracle BI 11g Application Roles | Daan Bakboord
"Instead of making a Oracle BI Application Role for each Oracle eBS Responsibility you would like to use in Oracle BI, make use of an Oracle eBS Profile Option," suggests Daan Bakboord. He shows you how in this post. (Posted May 22, 2013)
- Photos and Presentation Downloads from the Rittman Mead BI Forum 2013, Brighton & Atlanta | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman shares photos and presentation downloads from the recent Rittman Mead Business Intelligence Forums in Brighton (UK) and Atlanta, GA. (Posted May 21, 2013)
- OIM 11g R2 Self Registration with CAPTCHA | Daniel Gralewski
This post from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team architect Daniel Gralewski "walks you through the fun of customizing OIM and adding a CAPTCHA solution to the self-registration page." (Posted May 21, 2013)
- Do You Even Test? | Sten Vesterli
What's the connection between a confusing set of switches in a hotel bathroom and usability testing for applications? Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli explains. (Posted May 21, 2013)
- Tutorial: OEPE Coherence Grid Archives (GAR) Support
Check out this free, illustrated tutorial that demonstrates the various Coherence Grid Archives (GAR) features available in Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse. (Posted August 7, 2013)
- ADF Academy launched- interactive, entertaining and educational | Lucas Jellema
"I was very pleasantly surprised," says Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema of the new ADF Academy, which he describes as "a multi-media experience that uses every trick in the book – or every option for interaction, illustration, explanation and demonstration I could think of." (Posted June 3, 2013)
- Automate WebLogic Installation and Configuration | René van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk's example uses JRockit, WebLogic Server, Oracle Service Bus, and the Repository Creation Utility to illustrate how to create automation scripts for setting up middleware environments. (Posted January 18, 2013)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Facts and Concepts | Rob Zoeteweij
Oracle ACE Rob Zoeteweij introduces his extensive new whitepaper on Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. A lot of work went into this effort, and if work with OEM12c -- or plan to -- you'd do well to take advantage of Rob's expertise. (Posted January 21, 2013)
Thought for the Day
"All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised to know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men."
(January 2, 1920 - April 6, 1992)
Monday Oct 14, 2013
Friday Sep 06, 2013
Monday Aug 12, 2013
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 4-10, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Nine Items I Posted During My Vacation