Thursday May 28, 2015
Tuesday Dec 16, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 16, 2014
Don't panic! Even if you're not one of the 3,389 people who follow @OTNArchBeat, you can still keep up with what's happening with this list of the Top 10 tweets for the last seven days, December 9-15, 2014.
- RT @debralilley: Please retweet so I can win #project photo prize at #ukoug_apps14 #fb
Dec 9, 2014 at 03:57 PM
- Top 10 Most Popular OTN #SOA Articles in 2014 >> Congrats to the authors.
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- RT @monty_odtug: #orclapex Community: Please signup for #kscope15 U cannot miss Sunday Symposium on 21-JUN! #LetsWreckThisTogether
Dec 14, 2014 at 01:06 PM
- Using Web Services: The Fusion Service Tester, by Richard Bingham
Dec 15, 2014 at 01:33 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Dec 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM
- Free @OracleOTN Summit - 8 #middleware #mobile #appdev #architecture presos now on demand
Dec 9, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Catching Up on Mobile >> new version of #OracleMAF, info on Oracle Mobile App Challenge
Dec 15, 2014 at 01:59 PM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts - Dec 5-11, 2014 #ADF #Coherence #GoldenGate #OSB #WebLogic
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM
- 34 people have presented 2 Min Tech Tips. When are you going to do yours? Let's talk! #2MTT
Dec 9, 2014 at 03:51 PM
- Monitoring #Mobile Applications: 4 free short tutorials (5 mins each) from @oracleLL
Dec 15, 2014 at 02:10 PM
Friday Aug 15, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 15, 2014
5,307 people pay attention to the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Here are the Top 10 posts from that page for the last seven days, August 8-14, 2014.
- Podcast: ODTUG Kscope 2014: Anatomy of a User Conference - Part 3
There is more to a great user conference than a shared interest in Oracle products. In the final segment of this 3-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast panelists Danny Bryant , Chet "ORACLENERD" Justice, Cameron Lackpour, Debra Lilley, and Mike Riley discuss the nature and importance of community
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c: The LDAP Adapter quick and easy | Maarten Smeets
Maarten Smeets' how-to post describes the installation and configuration of an LDAP server and browser (ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio).
- Process level Exception Handling in BPM12c | Abhishek Mittal
When an exception occurs while running a process flow you have two choices: 1) retry running the flow object that caused that process flow or 2) move the process instance to the next flow object in the main process flow. Abhishek Mittal shows you how to do both.
- Building a Responsive WebCenter Portal Application | JayJay Zheng
Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng's article addresses the essentials of responsive web design, shows you how to design and develop a responsive WebCenter Portal application, and reviews key development considerations.
- Cloud Control authorization with Active Directory | Jeroen Gouma
Jeroen Gouma takes you step-by-step through the user authortization process in Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
- Video: CIOs Guide to Oracle Products and Solutions | Jessica Keyes
The CIO's Guide to Oracle Products and Solutions author Jessica Keyes talks about why input from users and developers is essential to CIOs who want to avoid being escorted out of the building by security guards. Read A CIO's Guide to Oracle Cloud Computing, a sample chapter from the book.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - August 5-11, 2014
@OTNArchBeat followers from across the galaxy have spoken! Here are the Top 10 tweets for the past seven days. Topics include: Hyperion, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, and SOA Suite.
- Recap: Fusion Middleware Summer Camps - Lisbon 2014 | Simon Haslam
Oracle ACE Director Simon Haslam's recap of his experience at the Oracle Fusion Middleware Summer Camp in Lisbon, Portugal will make you wish you had been there.
- WebLogic Data Source Connection Labeling | Steve Felts
The connection labeling feature was added in WLS release 10.3.6, and enhanced in release WLS 12.1.3. This post by Steve Felts describes two new connection properties that can be configured on the data source descriptor.
- Why Mobile Apps <3 REST/JSON | Martin Jarvis
Martin Jarvis explores the preference for REST and JSON over SOAP and XML for mobile web services.
Tuesday Aug 05, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 05, 2014
There are many ways to absorb information. You can do direct cranial injection, or you can follow the example set by 3,021 people and follow @OTNArchBeat on Twitter. Here at the Top 10 posts from that feed for the last seven days, July 29 - August 4, 2014.
- RT @odtug: #ODTUG Mobile Day #orclapex #orclbi #orcladf #OrclDev 4 communities coming together to discuss mobile!
Aug 1, 2014 at 01:52 PM
- Podcast: Anatomy of #kscope14 w/ @dbcapoeira @oraclenerd @CameronLackpour @debralilley @Mike_ODTUG
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
- Sometimes the biggest obstacle to successful #SOA has little to do with technology.
Aug 1, 2014 at 01:01 PM
- Extending the Oracle Sales #Cloud with #SOASuite | Gerhard Drasch
Aug 1, 2014 at 01:12 PM
- Oracle Data Integrator: What is a Repository? | Brent Dayley #ODI
Jul 30, 2014 at 02:29 PM
- Oracle BPM 12.1.3 Process Documentation Sample available
Aug 1, 2014 at 01:50 PM
- RT @wlscommunity: 4 boxes full of #WebLogic books by @frankmunz for the community - what would you do for one?
Jul 31, 2014 at 03:25 PM
- RT @OracleBlogs: Hands-On with Oracle Mobile Platform
Aug 4, 2014 at 02:11 PM
- Why would anyone want to be a software architect? Share your thoughts in this OTN community discussion
Aug 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
- Video: Oracle #SOASuite12c: #REST Enabling #SOA
Jul 30, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Friday Aug 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 01, 2014
The idea for this three-part OTN Archbeat Podcast series started out as a wrap-up of ODTUG Kscope 2014, featuring a panel comprised of people behind the event -- all members of the Oracle ACE Program. As you'll hear, the conversation goes well beyond a wrap-up to include a discussion about the importance of user groups and user group-sponsored conferences, and the critical importance of community in general. Considering the personalities of the panelists, that conversation couldn't help but be lively, frank, and informative. Listen for yourself.
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast, put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.
Tuesday Jul 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 01, 2014
Among the 2,921 people following @OTNArchBeat, these were the most popular tweets for the last seven days, June 24-30, 2014.
- RT @superpixels: Big Data
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM
- RT @Gartner_inc: Through 2017, 75% of mobile security breaches will be the result of mobile application misconfigurations #GartnerSEC
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
- RT @oracleotn: Career Opportunity: Work for the #OracleACE Program
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM
- RT @ddelmoli: #Kscope14 Oracle Magazine Peer-to-peer interview where I talk about @ODTUG
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
- Virus-Proofing Oracle #WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | @feitnomore
Jun 25, 2014 at 09:56 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @oraclebase @UweHesse @wlscommunity
Jun 29, 2014 at 01:48 PM
- Say hello to the new Oracle Mobile Application Framework | @jdevshay #oracleMAF
Jun 30, 2014 at 02:53 PM
- RT @odtug: Elvis has entered the building! #Kscope14 special event tonight!
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
- RT @lucasjellema: Cool new feature in #SOASuite12c : Native Format Translation in Service Bus Pipeline
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is now available for free download under the OTN Developer License.
Jun 27, 2014 at 08:51 AM
Friday Jun 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 13, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Logging in OIM custom code | Daniel Gralewski
Daniel Gralewski, a principal solution architect with Oracle, shows you how to leverage the Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure in which OIM runs in order to create proper logging information from custom code.
- Video: Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with four key points to keep in your own memory.
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross
A-Team solution architect Eric Gross analyzes and solves a customer-reported problem with Message Driven Bean (MDB) concurrency in WebLogic Server.
- Video: Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations as part of the ADF and Fusion Development track at ODTUG KScope, June 22-26, 2014 in Seattle, WA.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - June 3-9, 2014
Among the 2,872 people who follow @OTNArchBeat on Twitter, these 10 tweets were the most popular for the week of June 3-9, 2014. Topics covered include: #em12c #kscope14 #exalogic #javaee #weblogic
- Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets – Create Assets Evolution | Andrew Hopkinson
Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson.
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4 (12cR4) Articles | Tim Hall
Always busy Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall has written two article recent articles that offer his insight into OEM12R4.
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise Mobile Apps - Parts 1-4 Now Available
The complete, four-part OTN ArchBeat podcast on developing mobile applications for the enterprise is now available. This panel discussion features Oracle development tools experts Chris Muir, Steven Davelaar, Frank Nimphius, and Oracle ACE Luc Bors. Listen!
- Common usecases and techniques when integrating a 3rd party application with Oracle Sales Cloud | Angelo Santagata
Architect and middleware expert Angelo Santagata shares examples of four common use-cases he has seen that illustrate how how partners are embedding their applications into Sales Cloud.
- End-to-End ODI12c ETL on Oracle Big Data Appliance Pt.1 : Flume to Initial Hive Table | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's post focuses on a virtualized example of an Oracle Big Data Appliance using the Oracle Big Data 3.0 software set to explain how to create an example ETL flow through the system showing how ODI could be used to initiate and control the process.NOTE: Mark is a featured presenter in the Middleware Track during the free OTN Virtual Technology Summit, July 9. Register now!)
Monday Jun 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 09, 2014
"There's no question anymore that you need to do mobile development," says Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer, "but most people are trying the figure out the right architecture." Shay talks about the choices and about Oracle's mobile development platform in this interview, a preview of his three presentations at ODTUG Kscope, June 22-26, 2014 in Seattle, WA.
Friday Jun 06, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 06, 2014
The list below is comprised of the Top 10 most popular articles, blog posts, videos, and other content shared over the last seven days with the more than 5,100 people fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page.
- What is REST? | Maarten Smeets
"Most Middleware developers will encounter RESTful services," says Oracle SOA / BPM / Java integration specialist Maarten Smeets. "It is good to understand what they are, what they should be and how they work." His extensive post will help you achieve that understanding.
- Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs | Arvind Srinivasamoorth
This article, part one of Arvind Srinivasamoorth's two-part series on Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs, shows you how to identify the Fusion Applications SOAP web service to be invoked.
- Oracle Technology Network | Architect Community
Have you visited the OTN Solution Architect homepage lately? I've just updated it with information about the big OTN Virtual Tech Summit on July 9, plus the latest OTN tech articles, and a fresh list of community videos and podcasts. Check it out!
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Application Composer Series: Where and When to use Groovy | Richard Bingham
Richard Bingham describes his post as "more of a reference than an article." The post is comprised of a table that highlights where you can add your own custom logic via Groovy code and when you might use the various features.
- Kscope 2014: HFM Metadata Diagnostics | Eric Erikson
Oracle Certified Hyperion Financial Management Specialist Eric Erikson will present three sessions at ODTUG Kscope 2014, June 22-26 in Seattle. Why should you care? Watch the video.
- Tuning Asynchronous Web Services in Fusion Applications | Jian Liang
This article, the fourth in solution architect Jian Liang's five-part series on Fusion Applications and asynchronous Web Services, shows you how to conduct performance tuning of the asynchronous web services in relation to Fusion Applications.
- IDM FA Integration Flows | Thiago Leoncio
Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Identity Management for its identity store and policy store by default. This article by solution architect Thiago Leoncio explains how user and role flows work from different points of view, using key IDM products for each flow in detail.
- GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator - A Perfect Match in 12c... Part 1: Getting Started | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey has already written extensively about about integration between Oracle Data Integrator and GoldenGate -- but he's not done. "With the release of the 12c versions of ODI and GoldenGate last October, and a soon-to-be-updated reference architecture, it’s time to write a few posts on the subject again, " he says. Here's the first of those posts.
- Video: Kscope 2014 Preview: Tim Tow on Essbase Java API and ODTUG Community
Oracle ACE Director and ODTUG board member Tim Tow talks about his Kscope 2014 sessions focused on the Essbase Java API in this short video interview.
Tuesday Jun 03, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 03, 2014
When it comes to business travel Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley never seems to stand still. The same can be said for her approach to sharpening her professional skills. In this interview Debra talks about the role ODTUG Kscope 2104 will play in her ongoing technical education, and about Kscope's efforts to get a new generation of IT professionals off to a great start.
- Video: Setting Up Your Raspberry Pi | Luc Bors
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 23-29, 2015
- Video: Learn to ♥ APIs for a Lasting UX Relationship | Ultan O'Broin
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 18-25, 2015
- Video: Tuning Use Cases for PaaS4SaaS Success | Julian Orr
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 16-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 12-18, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 8-14, 2015
- #OTNVTS July 2015: It's all about WebLogic
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 5 - 11, 2015