Among the 5,415 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following Top 10 items drew the most attention over the past seven days, October 3-9, 2014. Do you have a favorite?
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science? | Michael Rosenblum
Do you approach PL/SQL performance tuning as an art or as a science? Oracle ACE Michael Rosenblum's tech tip addresses why you should know the difference. Watch it now.
- Video: Tweeting for Beer at #OOW14 | Marco Maciel
Java Embedded Consultant Marco Maciel demonstrates the Tweet for Beer project he developed with Bruno Borges. Recorded on my iPhone in the OTN Lounge at Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Applications for Security Audits – Part 1 | Olaf Heimburger
The underlying identity management components in Fusion Apps -- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) and Oracle Access Manager (OAM) -- come with predefined reports that provide a good starting point for your security audits. This is the first of three articles that cover how to extend your Fusion Applications environment with these pre-packaged reports. http://ora.cl/qm9 Prepare Your Fusion
- BPM 11g: Instance Patching Revisited: Inability to Create New Instances | Mark Foster
A-Team solution architect Mark Foster digs into Instance Patching with a look at the unforeseen consequences when a customer made a small change to a BPM process.
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework Challenge
Work your mobile mojo with Oracle MAF for a shot at a $6000 first prize! The Oracle Mobile Application Challenge invites developers to demonstrate how the Oracle Mobile Application Framework can be used to create and/or extend an enterprise application through mobile technology and then deploy that application on a mobile device. Click the link for more details and registration.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using Oracle ADF Libraries | Sten Vesterli
Looking for expert advice on using Oracle ADF? Here's a 2-minute tip from the author of Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development – Made Simple: Second Edition (Packt Publishing). Recorded on my trusty iPad at Oracle OpenWorld 2014. Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli shares a quick tip on using ADF libraries and building a solid foundation for ADF applications. SOURCE: ORA.CL
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - October 1-7, 2014
Lots of #OOW14 stuff in this week's Twitter Tuesday Top 10 List.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Can Oracle ACE Luis Weir list 20 tools for SOA governance, API management, and configuration management in two minutes or less without oxygen? See for yourself. Recorded at Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley's tech tip focuses on using the direct database request feature in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition to empower super-users to query databases directly, bypassing the OBIEE metadata layer.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle Data Integrator Flexibility | Gurcan Orhan
Can you spare one minute and four seconds for a tip from the recipient of the 2011 Oracle Excellence Award for Enterprise Architect of the Year? Oracle ACE Director Gurcan Orhan knows his stuff.