By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.