Friday Aug 21, 2015
Tuesday Jun 30, 2015
Friday Jun 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 26, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Friday Oct 24, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 24, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made the following posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014).
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit Middleware/Mobile Track: By the Numbers
What's up with the Middleware track in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18)? 2 sub-tracks, 8 sessions, including 2 hands-on labs -- all focused on Mobile Architectures and Application Development. And it's all free!
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
- Oracle Developer Cloud Service: Git Integration with Oracle JDeveloper
A quick (2 minutes!) how-to video from the Oracle Learning Library show you how to use Oracle JDeveloper to clone a Git repository that is hosted by Oracle Developer Cloud Service and then to push changes back to the repository. Yeah, it's free.
- Microservices architectures: Thoughts from a SOA perspective | Sven Bernhardt
The contributors to this article "recommend that discussions about differences between Microservices and SOA should be avoided." What do you think?
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Passing Essbase Security to OBIEE | Glenn Schwartzberg
The 2 minute countdown timer proves no match for Oracle ACE Director Glenn Schwartzberg in this tech tip on integrating Oracle Essbase with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Video and Slides: Data Caching Strategies for Oracle Mobile Application Framework | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this video tutorial based on Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis's session from Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
This technical article illustrates how to use the Data Presenter in Oracle WebCenter Portal to create data controls and workflows at runtime.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Oct 19-25, 2014
Last week's Facebook Top 10 list features content covering Avatar.js , Java Embedded, JVM, Mobile, Node.js, Oracle MAF, REST, SOA Suite 12c, Spring, and WebLogic. Check it out!
- Video: 2 Min Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley plays beat the clock with this tech tip that explains how to make it possible for OBIEE super-users to bypass the OBIEE metadata layer to query databases directly. Can he get it done in two minutes or less?
- Monitoring OAM Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Oracle A-Team solution architect Kiran Thakkar's article examines features in Oracle Access Manager for active management of preventive and detective access monitoring controls.
- Mobile Application Development: Hands-on Lab Resources
Click the link to access resources you will need to participate in the Mobile Application Development hands-on labs that are part of the Middleware Track in the FREE OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Nov 18. These labs will cover Oracle Mobile Application Framework, JDeveloper, and OEPE.
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
Friday Sep 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 19, 2014
Even busy spacemen take time to check the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the latest updates representing a cross-section of the architect community. Among spacemen and the rest of that page's 5,388 followers, these are the Top 10 most popular items over the last seven days, September 12-18, 2014.
- Archive Podcast: Audience Q&A with Cloud Experts
This podcast from the ArchBeat archive was recorded on July 9, 2013 during an OTN Architect Day event held at Oracle Headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA. The program features Oracle Cloud experts Dr. James Baty, Anbu Krishnaswamy, and Markus Michalewicz responding to questions from the audience.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - September 9-15, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat features content from across the community, covering Oracle ADF, Glassfish, GoldenGate, HTML5, ODI12c, OIM, and more.
- Mobile Today. More Mobile Tomorrow.
Big thanks to Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema, Oracle ACE Luc Bors, and Oracle peeps Chris Muir and Steven Davelaar. This article in the latest edition of Oracle Magazine would not have been possible without their invaluable insight.
- Part 1: Getting under the covers of Detached Credential Collector (DCC) | Tim Melander
Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Tim Melander kicks off new series within the larger Oracle Access Manager Academy article series.
- Managing the performance impact of OID last login | Simon Kissane
Having last login tracking enabled in Oracle Internet Directory can have a substantial performance cost. But don't worry! A-Team solution architect Simon Kissane has a cure for that headache that's better than aspirin!
- The Making of the World Cup Football 2014 Match Center ADF & AngularJS/HTML5 Application | Lucas Jellema
This blog post from Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is a companion to Marrying the Worlds of HTML5 and ADF, a new OTN technical article.
- Installing PHP on Oracle HTTP Server 12c | Chris Jones
These detailed, step-by-step instructions by Oracle Senior Product Manager Chris Jones walk you through the process of installing Oracle PHP on Oracle HTTP Server 12c.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building a High-Performance Private Cloud | Tushar Pandit
Can Exalogic senior director of product management Tushar Pandit explain how to build a high-performance private cloud on the Oracle Exalogic engineered system in two minutes or less?
- Marrying the Worlds of ADF and HTML 5 | Lucas Jellema
This article by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema demonstrates how, within the context of an ADF (or WebCenter Portal) application, even developers with no ADF skills at all can integrate small or large components developed with AngularJS outside of the ADF application.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Managing Java Memory Usage | John Davies Can John Davies, founder and CTO of UK-based C24, beat the 2-minute buzzer with his encapsulation of the sessions he will present at JavaOne 2014?
Tuesday Jul 08, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 08, 2014
Among the 2,950 followers of @OTNArchBeat the following tweets were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, July 1-7, 2014.
- RT @brunoborges: Everything a developer needs to know about #WebLogic 12.1.3 is on this whitepaper (PDF) #JavaEE7 #Maven
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
- Installing #SOASuite12c Quick Start Distribution | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM
- Summer Reading for Techies >> Three FREE sample chapters from recent tech books #weblogic #cloud
Jul 3, 2014 at 02:10 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: New A-Team post on probably most important new feature in Oracle MAF: custom components.
Jul 7, 2014 at 01:09 PM
- #Docker, #JavaEE7, and #Maven with #WebLogic 12.1.3 | @brunoborges
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
- 10 New #OracleMAF training videos | Grant Ronald
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:04 AM
- RT @usableapps: UX in for a big change as @java translates to #IOT - @noelportugal
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
- Installing Oracle Event Processing 12c | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
- RT @tompeez: My Personal Bug Parade of JDev 12.1.2 fixed in JDev 12.1.3
Jul 1, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Differences Between R12.1 and R12.2 Integration with OAM | @vasuballa
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:55 AM
Friday Mar 07, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 07, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days (February 28 - March 6, 2014).
- SOA's People Problem
Sometimes the biggest obstacle to successful SOA has little to do with technology. Community leaders share insight in this article from the latest issue of Oracle Magazine.
- IoT Developer Challenge | Java.net
Want to win a free trip to JavaOne 2014 in San Francisco? Enter the Java.net Internet of Things Developer Challenge. Click the link for the details.
- Dynamic endpoint binding in Oracle SOA Suite | Alexander Daeubler
"Sometimes a BPEL process instance has to determine at run-time which implementation of a web service interface is to be called," explains Alexander Daeubler. His post shows you how to achieve that using dynamic endpoint binding.
- Programmatic Identity Assertion with Oracle Platform Security Services | Shailesh K. Mishra
This short article from a member of the Oracle Identity Manager team shows how programmatic identity assertion can be performed using OPSS APIs in cases where code must run under the security context of a runtime identity.
- IT-Security (Part 2): WebLogic Server and Oracle Platform Security Services | Mohammad Esad-Djou
In part two of his series Mohammad Esad-Djo examines different perspectives on the Oracle Platform Security Services (OPSS).
- Video: Face to Faces with Oracle ACEs
This week business intelligence expert Stewart Bryson made the transition from Oracle ACE to Oracle ACE Director. Get to know Stewart and several other ACEs in this collection of interviews from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Reconciliation Events Processing | Firdaus Fraz
This article discusses available options and the associated limitations for reconciliation and the sequencing of reconciliation events in Oracle Identity Manager
- Two Really Cool Approaches to Payment | David Dorf
Tired of carrying a wallet? David Dorf shares his perspective on two payment solutions and where mobile phone payment systems might be headed.
- Diagnosing Intermittent Authentication Failures and User Lock Outs in Oracle WebLogic | Shailesh K. Mishra
Shailesh K. Mishrah makes his second appearance on this Top 10 list with this article on using available debug flags and log files to diagnose login failures in Oracle WebLogic.
- Strategies for managing OAAM to OAM connections in production | Rob Otto
Solution architect Rob Otto's post examines a number of strategies for configuring the connectivity between Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Adaptive Access Manager in order to provide scalability and high availability for production deployments.
Thought for the Day
"Succeeding is not really a life experience that does that much good. Failing is a much more sobering and enlightening experience."
— Michael Eisner, American businessman
(Born March 7, 1942)
Friday Jan 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 31, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- WildFly 8 vs. GlassFish 4: Which Application Server to Choose | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares his insight and expertise in this comparison of two popular OSS application servers.
- The Question Lingers: Who Gets to Be an Architect?
Does someone become an IT architect simply by the assignment of a title? Who decides? Who defines that role? Listen to this podcast from the OTN ArchBeat archive as four working IT architects debate those questions and more.
- Multi-Data Center Implemenation in Oracle Access Manager | Vinay Kalra
Multi-Data Center (MDC) topology is now supported in Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g. Vinay Kalra's blog post discusses some of the features of MDC and provides detailed steps on cloning a secondary data center.
- WLST script for listing WebLogic Server memory usage | Peter Lorenzen
Peter Lorenzen shares "a short script for listing Java heap usage for all WebLogic Servers in a domain."
- How-to: Create a Simple Hadoop Cluster with VirtualBox | Christian Javet
Christian Javet's step-by-step tutorial shows you how to created a 4-node cluster using VirtualBox and Cloudera.
- Automated Regression Testing for OBIEE | Robin Moffatt
In the second installment of his series Robin Moffatt explores automation approaches that "focus on regression testing the impact that changes to the RPD have on the data."
- Oracle Identity Management monitoring check-list | Daniel Gralewski
Oracle A-Team solution architect Daniel Gralewski looks at various aspects of Oracle Identity Management and WebLogic monitoring.
- The Architect as Salesperson
Like it or not, effective software architects share characteristics one finds in successful salespeople. Does that comparison make you feel just a bit uncomfortable?
- A short guide to networking in Virtual Box with Oracle Linux inside | Job Oprel
Job Oprel shares an illustrated tutorial based on challenges and annoyances he encountered while setting up an environment with several Virtual Boxes on his laptop.
- AMStatistics - Adding Custom Statistics to ADF BC | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this post by Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis for his description of a use case for the tracking activation timestamp for the ADF BC Application Module.
Thought for the Day
"In America few people will trust you unless you are irreverent."
— Norman Mailer, writer
(January 31, 1923 – November 10, 2007)
- How to Win a Hackathon | Laurie Pattison
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 25 - 31, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans