Tuesday Nov 17, 2015
Friday Oct 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 09, 2015
Friday Sep 18, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 18, 2015
Friday Sep 11, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 11, 2015
Friday Aug 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 21, 2015
Tuesday Jun 30, 2015
Friday Jun 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 26, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Friday Oct 24, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 24, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made the following posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014).
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit Middleware/Mobile Track: By the Numbers
What's up with the Middleware track in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18)? 2 sub-tracks, 8 sessions, including 2 hands-on labs -- all focused on Mobile Architectures and Application Development. And it's all free!
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
- Oracle Developer Cloud Service: Git Integration with Oracle JDeveloper
A quick (2 minutes!) how-to video from the Oracle Learning Library show you how to use Oracle JDeveloper to clone a Git repository that is hosted by Oracle Developer Cloud Service and then to push changes back to the repository. Yeah, it's free.
- Microservices architectures: Thoughts from a SOA perspective | Sven Bernhardt
The contributors to this article "recommend that discussions about differences between Microservices and SOA should be avoided." What do you think?
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Passing Essbase Security to OBIEE | Glenn Schwartzberg
The 2 minute countdown timer proves no match for Oracle ACE Director Glenn Schwartzberg in this tech tip on integrating Oracle Essbase with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Video and Slides: Data Caching Strategies for Oracle Mobile Application Framework | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this video tutorial based on Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis's session from Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
This technical article illustrates how to use the Data Presenter in Oracle WebCenter Portal to create data controls and workflows at runtime.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Oct 19-25, 2014
Last week's Facebook Top 10 list features content covering Avatar.js , Java Embedded, JVM, Mobile, Node.js, Oracle MAF, REST, SOA Suite 12c, Spring, and WebLogic. Check it out!
- Video: 2 Min Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley plays beat the clock with this tech tip that explains how to make it possible for OBIEE super-users to bypass the OBIEE metadata layer to query databases directly. Can he get it done in two minutes or less?
- Monitoring OAM Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Oracle A-Team solution architect Kiran Thakkar's article examines features in Oracle Access Manager for active management of preventive and detective access monitoring controls.
- Mobile Application Development: Hands-on Lab Resources
Click the link to access resources you will need to participate in the Mobile Application Development hands-on labs that are part of the Middleware Track in the FREE OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Nov 18. These labs will cover Oracle Mobile Application Framework, JDeveloper, and OEPE.
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015