By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.