By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
The data determines that these are the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the last seven days, January 30 - February 5, 2015.
- Best Jobs in America: Software Architect is #1
"Software Architect" once again tops the CNN/Money list of "top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work," beating out "Video Game Designer."
- Getting Started with iOS Development using Eclipse and Java | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Schmeltzer's step-by-step video demo shows you how to use Eclipse to build an on-device mobile application that runs on iOS devices.
- Using the WebLogic Embedded EJB Container | Steve Button
The WebLogic Server 12.1.3 EJB Developers Guide was recently updated to note that the embedded EJB container can be used by adding a reference to weblogic.jar to the CLASSPATH when the EJB client is being executed. Steve Button's short how-to will help you get started.
- WebLogic Maven Plugin - Simplest Example | Steve Button
Steve Button's post is a response to several recent questions about how to configure the WebLogic Maven Plug-in.
- Oracle Mobile Suite - Web Service Performance Optimisation with Result Caching | Andrejus Baranovskis
According to Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovkis, one of the primary advantages of Oracle Mobile Suite is Service Bus and SOAP/REST web service transformation. "You will get very nice performance improvement," He shows you how it all works in this technical post.
- Trends in Cloud Computing: The Rise of SaaS and PaaS | Debra Lilley
"I predict that, in 2015 and beyond, PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way," says Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley in this article from Profit Magazine
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1 - Now Available | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version focuses on upgrading the framework's infrastructure and includes support for Java 8, Cordova 3, Xcode 6, and Android 5. Click the link for more information.
- MAF 2.1 - Debugger Improvements and Mobile REST Client | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares solutions to some problems he recently encountered while implementing and mapping a programmatic MAF client for a REST service.
- EM12c: How to Retrieve Passwords from the Named Credentials | Gokhan Atil
Oracle ACE Gokhan Atil's detailed post shows you how to keep digging to retrieve encrypted information saved in named credentials.
- Video: WLST Script Profiles | Peter Bowers
In this new how-to technical video from the Oracle WebLogic YouTube Channel, Peter Bowers, a key developer on the WebLogic team, talks about the WLST script profile feature, and offers some cool sample code and a demo.