Tuesday Jun 16, 2015
Friday May 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 08, 2015
Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 28, 2015
Friday Apr 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 24, 2015
Tuesday Apr 14, 2015
Wednesday Apr 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 01, 2015
Oracle Access Manager implementation specialist and senior technical consultant Ganesh Kamble's 2 Minute Tech Tip is based on Externalise the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server, his recent OTN technical article -- and he gets the job done with just one second to spare![Read More]
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 126.96.36.199."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 24, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brunoborges: Call for Papers for LA OTN Tour 2015 is open! via @rene_ace // let's push more Java and Middleware
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- #Microservices and #SOA: Insight from @ewolff @lonnekedikmans @sbernhardt @t_winterberg @oraclemagazine
Mar 23, 2015 at 07:25 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- Video: Passing #Essbase Security to #OBIEE, by @gschwartzberg1 #2MTT
Mar 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM
- RT @lucasjellema: Recently I published my 3rd blog article on @docker - describing how to create an image with Oracle DB 188.8.131.52 EE
Mar 23, 2015 at 01:22 PM
- RT @sfonplsql: My second Two Minute Tip for @OTNArchBeat is inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:34 AM
- #OracleMAF 2.1: #Mobile Front End for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part I, by @LucB_
Mar 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM
- One of the top user group events in the midwest: @NEOUG Great Lakes Oracle Conference May 19-20 #CLE
Mar 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Upgrading to #SOA12c; details of the next @UKOUG Middleware SIG, by @Simon_Haslam
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM
- Quick Installation with Oracle #SOA12c, by Heba Fouad
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Monday Mar 16, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 16, 2015
There was a time when consumer technology was a lot more fun than enterprise technology. But times change.
This past Friday I had big fun talking with two gentlemen who share an infectious passion for what is fun and cool about technology, and bring that passion to their work at Oracle. Dr. Andrew Sutherland is Senior Vice President of Technology and Systems for Oracle EMEA, and Jeremy Ashley is Vice President of the Oracle Applications User Experience group.
In this video, Messrs. Sutherland and Ashley talk about how cool is infiltrating the world of enterprise technology, and share a bit of a preview of the tag-team keynote address they will present at the Oracle Benelux Uer Group Experience 2015 conference, March 23-24 in Eindhoven, NL.
Want more OTN ArchBeat interviews? Click here.
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016