Friday Apr 10, 2015
Tuesday Apr 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 07, 2015
Friday Apr 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 03, 2015
Thursday Apr 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 02, 2015
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast series features a four-part discussion of Docker and Virtualization.
The genesis for this program was a blog post about Docker on Oracle Fusion Middleware architect Mark Nelson’s RedStack blog, a post Mark co-wrote with fellow Fusion Middleware architects Edwin Biemond and Joel Nation.[Read More]
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 188.8.131.52."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Tuesday Mar 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 24, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brunoborges: Call for Papers for LA OTN Tour 2015 is open! via @rene_ace // let's push more Java and Middleware
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- #Microservices and #SOA: Insight from @ewolff @lonnekedikmans @sbernhardt @t_winterberg @oraclemagazine
Mar 23, 2015 at 07:25 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- Video: Passing #Essbase Security to #OBIEE, by @gschwartzberg1 #2MTT
Mar 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM
- RT @lucasjellema: Recently I published my 3rd blog article on @docker - describing how to create an image with Oracle DB 184.108.40.206 EE
Mar 23, 2015 at 01:22 PM
- RT @sfonplsql: My second Two Minute Tip for @OTNArchBeat is inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:34 AM
- #OracleMAF 2.1: #Mobile Front End for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part I, by @LucB_
Mar 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM
- One of the top user group events in the midwest: @NEOUG Great Lakes Oracle Conference May 19-20 #CLE
Mar 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Upgrading to #SOA12c; details of the next @UKOUG Middleware SIG, by @Simon_Haslam
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM
- Quick Installation with Oracle #SOA12c, by Heba Fouad
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 17, 2015
Take aim at the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 10-16, 2015.
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Full house at @debralilley presentation about Cloud readiness #OUGN15
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:29 PM
- RT @AntoniouAntonis: 2 Minute TechTip on Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM 12c
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- An Introduction to Analysing #ODI Runtime Data Through #Elasticsearch and #Kibana 4, by @rmoff
Mar 12, 2015 at 01:04 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Mar 11, 2015 at 08:26 AM
- RT @OracleLL: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus: Released On: 09-Mar-15 REST-Enabling SOA
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM
- Top 10 Tweets - March 3-9 #APIMgmt #BPM #Cloud #Hyperion #Microservices #ODI #OEMM, and more.
Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48 AM
- White Paper: Intro to Oracle Stream Explorer, by @jricardoferreir #CEP
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Mar 12, 2015 at 09:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @nanostimuli @MikaelFries on-demand #free
Mar 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Tuesday Mar 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 10, 2015
Test the atmosphere of the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 3-9, 2015.
- RT @JavaFXpert: Entertaining live hacking presentation by @lucasjellema and @lucb_ at #ofmForum
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM
- RT @soacommunity: Middleware Partner Community Awards congratulations to winners @OC_WIRE @EasyBlogs @eProseed
Mar 9, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- RT @andreaskoop: Oracle mobile cloud service in action at #ofmForum by @gwronald
Mar 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 5, 2015 at 06:05 AM
- Dynamic Integrations for Multiple #Hyperion Planning Apps, by @RZGiampaoli @RodrigoRadtke #ODI
Mar 6, 2015 at 06:37 AM
- RT @i_m_dave: #OEMM documentation on OTN (pdfs)
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM
- Podcast: #Microservices roundtable w/ @sbernhardt @attermr @lonnekedikmans?@ewolff #soa
Mar 6, 2015 at 06:45 AM
- 4 Tracks. 25 sessions. #OTNVTS now available on-demand. #database #java #systems #middleware
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM
- #BPM Skill Video Binge: "Getting Started with BPM - Parts 1 and 2" from @Oracle_Edu
Mar 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM
- RT @JavaFXpert: Happy Birthday 12.2.1 @lonnekedikmans #ofmForum
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Tuesday Mar 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 03, 2015
The Top 10 most-retweeted tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, February 24-March 2, 2015.
- Free #OTNVTS Feb 25. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson Feb 24, 2015 at 03:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware lab: Data Replication to #Hadoop using #GoldenGate12c Adaptors. TODAY. 9:30am GMT
Feb 25, 2015 at 03:30 AM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Feb 25, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- RT @CameronLackpour: Just posted latest #Essbase book: Developing Essbase Applications: Hybrid Techniques and Practices #developingessbase #orclepm #OBIEE
Mar 2, 2015 at 12:31 PM
- Podcast: @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg talk Adaptive Case Mgmt
Feb 25, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: Having fun testing performance of SOAP, REST-XML, and REST-JSON calls in Oracle MAF. Incredible differences! Blog post …
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:52 PM
- RT @OracleDI: Proudly announcing Oracle #GoldenGate for #BigData. Join us on 5th March to learn more.
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:55 AM
- Free #OTNVTS March 4. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson #oracleace
Feb 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- March 4. #OTNVTS. Middleware track. 6 experts. 6 Sessions. All free.
Mar 1, 2015 at 08:00 PM
- Oracle #BPM12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1, by @AntoniouAntonis http://t.co/D486JIdIjJ
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:40 AM
Monday Mar 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 02, 2015
A feast for your eyes! Here are the Top 10 most-viewed 2 Minute Tech Tip videos for February 2015.
Congrats to the top tipsters!
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code
by Stephen Feuerstein
Oracle architect and PL/SQL expert Steven Feuerstein fills 120 seconds with tasty advice on how to write code that doesn't resemble a big plate of pasta.
- Continuous Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
by Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Taking advantage of the continuous integration capabilities in Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c "will make your life a lot easier," says Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen, a managing partner at eProseed.
- DevOps: When Fixing a Problem is a Bad Idea
by Kelly Goetsch
Breaking the habit of fixing problems may sound counter-intuitive, but that's exactly what Oracle Director of Product Development and eCommerce in the Cloud author Kelly Goetsch suggests in his tip.
- Hyperion Metadata Integration
by Rodrigo Radtke and Ricardo Giampaoli
Oracle ACE Associates Ricardo Giampaoli (EPM Solution Architect/Consultant) and Rodrigo Radtke (Software Development Consultant, Dell) based their tip on their OTN technical article, Dynamic Integrations for Multiple Hyperion Planning Applications.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer
by Lucas Jellema
No, this tip by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is not about four of the Seven Dwarves.
- Effective DevOps Through Cultural Change
by Kelly Goetsch
Kelly earns a second slot on this list with his tip on the four cultural changes that are essential for successful DevOps.
- Honing Your Cloud Transformation Strategy
by Ron Batra
Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra, Senior Director of Cloud Architecture and Software Development at Equinix, devotes his two minutes to advice for developing an effective Cloud strategy for your organization. Ron's Tech Tip is based on his article, Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy - Part 1: Self Awareness
- Getting Started with DevOps for Databases
by Dominic Delmolino
Dominic Delmolino, VP of Architecture and Engineering at Agilex Technologies, packs his two minutes with three quick tips to help you get started with DevOps for databases. Dominic's tip is based in part on two posts from his blog, Superscript and Can you see what I see?
- Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c
by Danilo Schmiedel
Oracle ACE Director and Opitz Consulting Solution Architect Danilo Schmiedel devotes his 120 seconds to a tech tip focused on upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to SOA Suite 12c. Want more detail? See the presentation available on Danilo's blog.
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science?
by Michael Rosenblum
Do you approach PL/SQL performance tuning as an art or as a science? This tip from Oracle ACE Michael Rosenblum, Software Architect/Development DBA at Dulcian, Inc., addresses why you should know the difference.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 4-10, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Nine Items I Posted During My Vacation