Friday Nov 20, 2015
Friday Jan 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 31, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- WildFly 8 vs. GlassFish 4: Which Application Server to Choose | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares his insight and expertise in this comparison of two popular OSS application servers.
- The Question Lingers: Who Gets to Be an Architect?
Does someone become an IT architect simply by the assignment of a title? Who decides? Who defines that role? Listen to this podcast from the OTN ArchBeat archive as four working IT architects debate those questions and more.
- Multi-Data Center Implemenation in Oracle Access Manager | Vinay Kalra
Multi-Data Center (MDC) topology is now supported in Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g. Vinay Kalra's blog post discusses some of the features of MDC and provides detailed steps on cloning a secondary data center.
- WLST script for listing WebLogic Server memory usage | Peter Lorenzen
Peter Lorenzen shares "a short script for listing Java heap usage for all WebLogic Servers in a domain."
- How-to: Create a Simple Hadoop Cluster with VirtualBox | Christian Javet
Christian Javet's step-by-step tutorial shows you how to created a 4-node cluster using VirtualBox and Cloudera.
- Automated Regression Testing for OBIEE | Robin Moffatt
In the second installment of his series Robin Moffatt explores automation approaches that "focus on regression testing the impact that changes to the RPD have on the data."
- Oracle Identity Management monitoring check-list | Daniel Gralewski
Oracle A-Team solution architect Daniel Gralewski looks at various aspects of Oracle Identity Management and WebLogic monitoring.
- The Architect as Salesperson
Like it or not, effective software architects share characteristics one finds in successful salespeople. Does that comparison make you feel just a bit uncomfortable?
- A short guide to networking in Virtual Box with Oracle Linux inside | Job Oprel
Job Oprel shares an illustrated tutorial based on challenges and annoyances he encountered while setting up an environment with several Virtual Boxes on his laptop.
- AMStatistics - Adding Custom Statistics to ADF BC | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this post by Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis for his description of a use case for the tracking activation timestamp for the ADF BC Application Module.
Thought for the Day
"In America few people will trust you unless you are irreverent."
— Norman Mailer, writer
(January 31, 1923 – November 10, 2007)
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016