By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 16, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, January 9-15, 2015.
- Sampler: "eCommerce in the Cloud" | Kelly Goetsch
A sampler of content from the book by Kelly Goetsch that helps architects leverage recent technological advances that make it possible to run and entire enterprise-level ecommerce platform from a cloud.
- Video: WebLogic Server Plug-in for Java Mission Control: Installation | Tony Vlatas
In this short video Weblogic technical team member Tony Vlatas shows you how to install the WebLogic Server Plug-in in Java Mission Control.
- Why and How to use Oracle Metadata Management 12c. Part 1: Getting Started | Edelweiss Kammermann
Oracle ACE Edelweiss Kammermann kicks off an article series on Oracle Metadata Management 12c with this look at installation and requirements.
- A Dirty Dozen Questions on Oracle SOA 12c You Need Answered, but Feared to Ask | IT Convergence Blog
The fine folks at IT Convergence put together this transcript of the Q&A from their “Simplify Multichannel Integration with Oracle SOA Suite 12c” webcast.
- The Future of User Authentication | Prateek Mishra
"The best authentication model is useless if customers or employees find it difficult to use," says Prateek Mishra. "This is the key reason why it has proven so difficult to transition away from passwords."
- WebLogic Server and the Oracle Maven Repository | Steven Button
"From a WebLogic Server perspective, the Oracle Maven Repository provides publicly accessible, online, on-demand access to the full set of Maven product artifacts that have been provided in the 12c (12.1.2, 12.1.3) releases," explains Steve Button. "This includes the WebLogic Server APIs, the client libraries and the WebLogic Server Maven Plugin." Check it our for yourself!
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Tutorial: Oracle to Oracle Replication with Oracle Multitenant V12.1 | Tracy West
This tutorial by solution architect Tracy West provides a quick overview of Oracle to Oracle database replication using Integrated Extract and Integrated Replicat for version 12c and above. Extraction from a Multitenant database is only supported by Integrate Extract.
- Notes on Querying Endeca from within an ATG Application | Mark Scarton
On a few projects in 2014, the issue of Endeca’s performance came up. Specifically, applications were seeing a large number of queries and were also generating large response sizes from Endeca. These queries were not being generated by the Assembler API, but were one-off queries created to bring back other information from Endeca.This article will give some tips on how to optimize those queries.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part I | Ron Batra
Self-awareness -- knowing your business -- is key to successful cloud transformation, according to Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra. "With so much innovation happening in the Cloud...it is easy for the best of leaders to get distracted," says Batra. "We all can suffer from the 'shiny object' syndrome, especially in the case of a diverse multi-product business."
- Using a Gold Environment as a Part of Your Production to Test Content Movement Toolkit | Jerry Mabry
Solution architect Jerry Mabry shows you how to introduce a straightforward, easily repeatable methodology for performing frequent content movement/environment refreshes in your Fusion Applications (FA) system.