Friday Apr 03, 2015
Tuesday Feb 17, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 17, 2015
The items listed below generated the most retweets among the 3,538 @OTNArchBeat followers between February 10-16, 2015.
- #OTNVTS middleware track. 6 experts. 6 sessions. All FREE. Feb 25
Feb 16, 2015 at 12:00 AM
- RT @ginablaber: Is your current role involved with software architecture? Tell us, and you could win a free pass to #OReillySACon
Feb 12, 2015 at 08:50 AM
- Info on today's #OTNVTS sessions by @MarkRittman @StewartBryson @MRainey #ODI #OGG #OBIEE
Feb 11, 2015 at 09:07 AM
- #OTNVTS proposals by @lonnekedikmans @rluttikhuizen @t_winterberg @RodrigoRadtke. Vote or submit your own.
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM
- OTN Middleware online lab: Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors - 9:30PT today
Feb 11, 2015 at 11:30 AM
- Ready for your close-up? 35 people have recorded #2MTT videos. Isn't it time you did one, too?
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM
- Register now! Free OTN Virtual Technology Summit Feb 11. 6 Sessions in Middleware track. #integration
Feb 10, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Video: Effective #DevOps Through Cultural Change, by @KellyGoetsch #2MTT
Feb 11, 2015 at 05:05 PM
- Free #OTNVTS Feb 25. Middleware sessions by @markxnelson @pinocchiocode @MikaelFries #jcache #maven
Feb 13, 2015 at 08:00 PM
- RT @brendantierney: Check out my OTN 2 Minute Tech Tip video on Predictive Queries in #Oracle #12c with @brhubart @OTNArchBeat
Feb 13, 2015 at 09:57 AM
Friday Feb 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
Among the 6,452 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the 10 items below where the most popular for the last seven days, February 6-12, 2015.
- Using SQL XMLTable, XMLType, and XPath to Extract HTML CLOB Data | Jesse Stephens
A detailed technical how-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jesse Stephens.
- Oracle PaaS and UX: Keepin' it <af:simple/> with Oracle Alta UI and eProseed | Ultan O'Broin
"The cloud has changed everything, and user experience is no exception," writes Ultan O'Broin in this great recap of the Oracle Applications Cloud User Experience PaaS event held in conjunction with eProseed in the Netherlands. "Make no mistake; it's 'Game Over' for traditional ways of selling software and for people accepting less than compelling user experiences in work. User experience is a competitive must-have, and a capability to deliver a rockin’ UX using PaaS is the partner differentiator."
- Nexus and Atifactory support for proxying Oracle Maven Repository | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson shares the good news for those using their own Maven Repository Manager, as the two major players add support to their products to allow proxying of the Oracle Maven Repository.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Jan 30 -Feb 5, 2015
Last week's list of the Top 10 items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page includes content covering EJB, Maven, Oracle MAF, REST, WebLogic, and more.
- Submit Your OTN VTS Fusion Middleware Session/Track Ideas | Oracle Community
Use your words! Submit a proposal for a session in an upcoming Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, or respond to a poll to help drive the selection of topics to be covered.
- Invite Enterprise Architecture to the Digital Party | WIRED
"All too often [enterprise architects] get buried in the IT department," says Jason Bloomberg in this Wired article. "Their focus ends up on technology concerns, which are important to be sure, but the connection to the business is tenuous at best."
- Oracle Mobile Development Certification Exam - Beta Testing | Shay Shmeltzer
As reported by Shay Shmeltzer, the Oracle Mobile Development 2015 Essentials Exam (1Z1-441) is now available in beta testing. According to Shay, this certification covers topics such as: Mobile Application Framework, Mobile Application Framework Data Layer, User Interface Development, Device Services Integration, and App Security. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended. Click the link for more information.
- Oracle Maven Repository: Viewing Contents in Eclipse | Steven Button
"With the Oracle Maven Repository now accessible one way to have explore its contents is to use the Maven Repositories viewer feature available in most development tools," says Steve Button. His post focuses on accessing the Repository with Eclipse.
- Middleware Snippets: Cassandra and WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Picking up where he left off in his previous post, Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to use Grinder and Java Mission Control to monitor the JVM in which Cassandra is running.
- Training, Certification, and Career Goals: How did you get where you are?
What training or certification had the greatest impact on your career as a senior developer or software architect? Click the link to share your story. Your response could help others achieve their career goals.
Friday Feb 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
The data determines that these are the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the last seven days, January 30 - February 5, 2015.
- Best Jobs in America: Software Architect is #1
"Software Architect" once again tops the CNN/Money list of "top 100 careers with big growth, great pay and satisfying work," beating out "Video Game Designer."
- Getting Started with iOS Development using Eclipse and Java | Shay Shmeltzer
Shay Schmeltzer's step-by-step video demo shows you how to use Eclipse to build an on-device mobile application that runs on iOS devices.
- Using the WebLogic Embedded EJB Container | Steve Button
The WebLogic Server 12.1.3 EJB Developers Guide was recently updated to note that the embedded EJB container can be used by adding a reference to weblogic.jar to the CLASSPATH when the EJB client is being executed. Steve Button's short how-to will help you get started.
- WebLogic Maven Plugin - Simplest Example | Steve Button
Steve Button's post is a response to several recent questions about how to configure the WebLogic Maven Plug-in.
- Oracle Mobile Suite - Web Service Performance Optimisation with Result Caching | Andrejus Baranovskis
According to Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovkis, one of the primary advantages of Oracle Mobile Suite is Service Bus and SOAP/REST web service transformation. "You will get very nice performance improvement," He shows you how it all works in this technical post.
- Trends in Cloud Computing: The Rise of SaaS and PaaS | Debra Lilley
"I predict that, in 2015 and beyond, PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way," says Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley in this article from Profit Magazine
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1 - Now Available | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version focuses on upgrading the framework's infrastructure and includes support for Java 8, Cordova 3, Xcode 6, and Android 5. Click the link for more information.
- MAF 2.1 - Debugger Improvements and Mobile REST Client | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares solutions to some problems he recently encountered while implementing and mapping a programmatic MAF client for a REST service.
- EM12c: How to Retrieve Passwords from the Named Credentials | Gokhan Atil
Oracle ACE Gokhan Atil's detailed post shows you how to keep digging to retrieve encrypted information saved in named credentials.
- Video: WLST Script Profiles | Peter Bowers
In this new how-to technical video from the Oracle WebLogic YouTube Channel, Peter Bowers, a key developer on the WebLogic team, talks about the WLST script profile feature, and offers some cool sample code and a demo.
Monday Feb 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 02, 2015
Planning on participating in the Middleware sessions that are part of next week's OTN Virtual Technology Summit? Great! But did you know that there are important prerequisites for those sessions? The highly interactive nature of the middleware sessions means you don't just get to sit on your hands.
For example, if you plan to participate in Mark Nelson's session on Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository, (part of the Open Source and Integration sub-track) you will need the Oracle Maven Repository Lab Guide, which includes information on where you can download key prerequisites:
Likewise, if you plan to participate in Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors by Oracle ACE Michael Rainey, or in Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings by Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, you need to check out Tame Big Data Using Oracle Data Integration. This demo forms the basis for the sessions by Rainey and Rittman, and includes information on how to access and install the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine, which provides an integrated environment to help you get started with the Oracle Big Data platform.
Click here for an extensive list of other resources that will help get the most out of your OTN Virtual Technology Summit experience.
Register now for the
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 22-28, 2015
- Top Ten 2 Minute Tech Tips by KScope 2015 Speakers
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 19-25, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015