Friday Dec 11, 2015
Friday Oct 16, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 16, 2015
Friday Sep 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 25, 2015
The weekly Facebook Friday Top 10 List moves some people to dance. Here's the list for the week of September 18 - 24, 2015. How does it make you feel?[Read More]
Friday Aug 14, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 14, 2015
Friday Aug 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 01, 2014
Among the 5,265 followers of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page -- a community that could possibly include cycloptic star creatures from a distant planet -- these are the top 10 most popular posts for the last seven days, July 25-31, 2014.
- Rapid creation of Virtual Machine(s) for SOA Suite 12.1.3 server run time environment - leveraging Vagrant, Puppet and Biemond | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema extends his series on using Vagrant and Puppet for the automated creation of Virtual Machines, with a description the steps he took to create two VMs using scripts written by Edwin Biemond.
- Fastest way to a Virtual Machine with JDeveloper 12.1.3 and Oracle Database XE 11gR2 - on Ubuntu Linux 64 bit | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema gets you there in 10 steps.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite 12c: REST Enabling SOA
This video from the Oracle Learning Library demonstrates how to REST enable an existing SOAP service using Oracle SOA Suite 12c, a technique that can be used for mobile service enablement.
- GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 Download – nightly builds | Jurgen Kress
"As an open source project, GlassFish is being developed in an open and transparent manner," explains Jurgan Kress. Read his short post to learn where to download the latest build.
- Test your Application with the WebLogic Maven plugin | Edwin Biemond
Software architect Edwin Biemond shows you how easy it is to add some unit tests to your application when you use Maven together with the 12.1.3 Oracle software such as WebLogic , JDeveloper or Eclipse OEPE.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - July 22-28, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 Tweets includes items on Big Data, Glassfish, Hadoop, Java, ODI, OSB, SOA Suite 12c, and more.
- Why Oracle Big Data SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
A technical analysis from Oracle ACE Director and business intelligence expert Mark Rittman.
- Introduction to Fusion Applications Roles Concepts | Jack Desai
This post from the Fusion Middleware A-Team blog reviews the definition of "Functional Roles" and provides introductory internals on the technical implementation of "Roles” within Fusion Applications.
- Video: Cluster Targeted JMS Load Balancing and Co-Location | Frank Munz
A new addition to the "Oracle WebLogic: Distinctive Recipes" video series from Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz.
- 10 Tips for getting started with Oracle MAF | Graeme Mawson
Graeme Mawson shares a collection of "little tips and tricks that will make life easier as you’re learning your way around" the Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF).
Friday Jan 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 31, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- WildFly 8 vs. GlassFish 4: Which Application Server to Choose | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares his insight and expertise in this comparison of two popular OSS application servers.
- The Question Lingers: Who Gets to Be an Architect?
Does someone become an IT architect simply by the assignment of a title? Who decides? Who defines that role? Listen to this podcast from the OTN ArchBeat archive as four working IT architects debate those questions and more.
- Multi-Data Center Implemenation in Oracle Access Manager | Vinay Kalra
Multi-Data Center (MDC) topology is now supported in Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g. Vinay Kalra's blog post discusses some of the features of MDC and provides detailed steps on cloning a secondary data center.
- WLST script for listing WebLogic Server memory usage | Peter Lorenzen
Peter Lorenzen shares "a short script for listing Java heap usage for all WebLogic Servers in a domain."
- How-to: Create a Simple Hadoop Cluster with VirtualBox | Christian Javet
Christian Javet's step-by-step tutorial shows you how to created a 4-node cluster using VirtualBox and Cloudera.
- Automated Regression Testing for OBIEE | Robin Moffatt
In the second installment of his series Robin Moffatt explores automation approaches that "focus on regression testing the impact that changes to the RPD have on the data."
- Oracle Identity Management monitoring check-list | Daniel Gralewski
Oracle A-Team solution architect Daniel Gralewski looks at various aspects of Oracle Identity Management and WebLogic monitoring.
- The Architect as Salesperson
Like it or not, effective software architects share characteristics one finds in successful salespeople. Does that comparison make you feel just a bit uncomfortable?
- A short guide to networking in Virtual Box with Oracle Linux inside | Job Oprel
Job Oprel shares an illustrated tutorial based on challenges and annoyances he encountered while setting up an environment with several Virtual Boxes on his laptop.
- AMStatistics - Adding Custom Statistics to ADF BC | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this post by Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis for his description of a use case for the tracking activation timestamp for the ADF BC Application Module.
Thought for the Day
"In America few people will trust you unless you are irreverent."
— Norman Mailer, writer
(January 31, 1923 – November 10, 2007)
Tuesday Jan 07, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 07, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @aakela: What is Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c #DBaaS Snap Clone? - A blog by @AdeeshF from #em12c product management team
Jan 03, 2014 at 07:09 AM
- RT @oracleace: Congrats @gwenshap & @debralilley for making @OracleProfit mag top 10 most read articles in 2013! #oracleace #aced.
Jan 03, 2014 at 03:41 PM
- RT @myfear: "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." - Isaac Asimov #qotd
Jan 03, 2014 at 12:13 PM
- Visualizing Class Loading | Rene van Wijk #weblogic #jvm
Jan 02, 2014 at 10:36 AM
- 2014 #Java #middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more | @c2b2consulting #websocket #IaaS
Jan 03, 2014 at 09:12 AM
- Dynamic #ADF BC - Loading Multiple Instances | @AndrejusB
Jan 02, 2014 at 10:11 AM
- How to Add Comments in #OBIEE | @ArtofBI >> detailed look at the options
Jan 02, 2014 at 11:04 AM
- RT @OTN_Garage: Migrating from Red Hat Linux and VMWare to Oracle #Linux and Oracle VM? take a look at our latest #sysadmin lab.
Jan 03, 2014 at 09:47 AM
- Interesting that in a week in which Thursday was Monday, Friday is still Friday. #holidaysareover
Jan 03, 2014 at 07:08 AM
- Here's my #2013 on Twitter #Vizify
Jan 02, 2014 at 06:25 PM
Thought for the Day
"If you want that good feeling that comes from doing things for other folks then you have to pay for it in abuse and misunderstanding."
— Zora Neale Hurston, folklorist, anthropologist, and author.
(January 7, 1891 – January 28, 1960)
Monday Dec 09, 2013
Friday Dec 06, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 06, 2013
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (Nov 29 - Dec 5, 2013).
- Photos: Oracle WebLogic Hackathon at UKOUG Tech 13
Photos from the Oracle WebLogic Hackathon held as part of Super Sunday (Dec 1, 2013)at UKOUG Tech 13 in Manchester, UK
- Setting up a Maven Repository Manager with Artifactory | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson's how-to post examines the use of the community version of Artifactory from JFrog to set up a binary repository.
- Oracle’s Internet of Things Platform
Oracle's Internet of Things page offers large and always updated selection of links to a variety of useful resources—articles, videos, podcasts, etc.—covering various angles on IoT, including M2M, Java Embedded, Big Data, and more.
- Video: Design - Task Flow Transaction Options | Chris Muir
Chris Muir discusses transaction options in bounded task flows, what they are designed to do, and when to use them in your ADF applications.
- Training for the Cutting Edge: Presentation about SW Architecture and Tools for Public Clouds
This presentation by Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz covers various cloud technologies, including Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudFront, RDS), Oracle Cloud Database and Java Service, and Netflix OSS.
- Podcast Show Notes: Oracle SOA B2B Integration
Listen to part one of an in-depth conversation with Krishnaprem Bhatia, Alan Perlovsky, and Scott Haaland, the authors of "Getting Started with Oracle SOA B2B Integration: A Hands-On Tutorial," from Packt Publishing.
- OAAM OTP code generation configuration | Viral Kamdar
Viral Kamdar's short post offers useful how-to info on One Time Password code generation in Oracle Adaptive Access Manager.
- ADF Anti-Patterns: Dangerous Tutorials - Real Experience in ADF | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis based this blog post on content from one of his presentations at UKOUG Tech 13.
- Oracle Linux containers | Wim Coekaerts
Read this short post from Wim for insight on his recent experiments with docker ("really cool" ) and febootstrap.
- The Next Big Wave: Explore mobile frontiers with Oracle ADF Mobile | Frank Nimphius
"Enterprise developers adding mobile as an access channel to enterprise business systems need to maintain the same data validation, business logic, and security levels as for traditional applications," says Frank Nimphius. Read his article to learn more.
Thursday Dec 05, 2013
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016