By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
No statistical evidence exists to suggest that any percentage of the 5,467 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page wear flannel suits and fedoras. Is that significant? Who cares? Here's this week's list of Top 10 Facebook posts.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 2 | Steven Davelaar
Part 2 in Steven Davelaar's series focuses on the implementation of the “read” (GET) RESTful services in service bus by transforming ADF BC SDO SOAP service methods.
- The Parking Lot Pattern | Greg Mally
The parking lot pattern is a strategy in Oracle SOA Suite to stage data in an intermediary store prior to complete processing by SOA Suite itself. This article discusses the components of a batch-related implementation of the pattern.
- Web- and Mobile-Oriented Architectures with Oracle Fusion Middleware - Oracle OpenWorld 2014 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema shares the slides from his Oracle OpenWorld session, along with a link to resources used during his demonstration.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Oracle MAF List Views | Luc Bors
Here's a quick video tip by Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide (Oracle Press) and one of the presenters in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18).
- How Lloyd's Register shipped mobile app on mainframe | Computer Business Review
What role did Oracle Mobile Application Framework play? Get the details in this story by Computer Business Review journalist Joe Curtis.
- SOA Suite 12c: Getting started with the Spring Component | Marteen Smeets
You can take aspirin to cure a headache, or your can follow this technical how-to from Marteen Smeets to prevent one particular headache from ever happening.
- Embedded Systems and The Internet of Things – What’s Under the Hood? | Tom Angelucci
There is more mobile than smart phones and tablets. In this article from RTC Magazine, Oracle's Tom Angelucci explores why "Java Embedded appears to be staking its claim as the preferred programming language businesses use to develop IoT applications."
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - October 7-13, 2014
The Top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweets for the past seven days, covering ADF, enterprise architecture, IoT, mobile, OBIEE, OSB, REST, and of course, beer.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Inter-Thread Communication Between Multiple Event Loops | Niko Kobler
Software architect and JavaOne 2014 session speaker Niko Kobler gets it done just under the wire with a tech tip that covers Avatar.js, Node.js, and JVM. One of nearly thirty 2 Minute Tech Tip videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel. Watch and learn!
- Oracle WebLogic: Whole Server Migration | Rene van Wijk
"Migration in WebLogic Server is the process of moving a clustered WebLogic Server instance or a component running on a clustered server instance elsewhere in the event of failure, " says Oracle ACE Director Rene Van Wijk. He walks you through the process in this article.